View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 20:46
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Forget "weightloss" - some Classics are classic for far deeper reasons

I KNEW I had posted this (and thought I'd done it "here in the Classics" - but I hadn't, so, having re-discovered it, here's a classic from a local lad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor
I wanted to share a recent finding I stumbled over.... but keep a box of tissues handy.... I found this story powerful, and very emotional

http://www.murrayhartin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&id=38

Read the section titled "Rain from Nowhere" - talk about "the power of a touch, a kind word, or the smallest act of caring"...
A classic thought/story can often add light, inspiration, or solace!! THIS one has an impact - I won't even attempt to quantify quite what it conveys - far better that you simply read it, and make of it what you will..... It is worth the effort

Koh

PS Nothing like a classic to have us think "We're not doing so bad after all...." (we could mean you/me, or humankind, depending)