View Single Post
Old 17-02-2012, 22:44
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Who's wanting a Holiday? ;)

Hi SB,

Our place is approx. 45 mins drive from Gold Coast airport (aka Coolangatta), or approx. 90 mins from Brisbane. I am not sure if Gold Coast is International - I don't think it is.... but could be wrong.... Oh, and there is an Express train that runs from the Brisbane Airport (Domestic and International) right down to Robina on the Gold Coast. Our place is just over 30 mins by car from Robina.

Other thoughts we had related to "Cohens locals" having a day up there. You could even have a charming host-puppy cooking xx gms of Fillet Steak just for YOU on the BBQ !! We had talked of something like this a couple of years back, but I was working in Sydney then, and it never got off the ground.

Now I am back in Brisbane, and looking for work wherever it can be found. Meantime, this place is only just bringing in enough to keep up the mortgage payments, so I'm looking at "other ways" to market it in slow times. It'll pick up again over Winter (our best ever month was July 2011) as people do a "Christmas in July" thing....

The idea of "having a BBQ" with Cohenites (and their families) just sort of appealed. Only problem is that weekends are our most popular time, so I'd need to "pencil in" a date a few weeks ahead to make this work. Or pick a day where someone only wants Firday and Sat, leaving Sunday free....

Just throwing ideas around - but, if anyone is wanting a holiday in the Gold Coast hinterland (up in the mountains), contact me.

And let's thrash out the idea of a "Cohens Day" for locals (or "fly-ins too, of course) - this is a lovely part of the world amidst World Heritage Listed Rainforest. It doesn't get much sweeter....

Koh