New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 19-01-2018, 22:19
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Blondetastics Diary

Last year was very tough - health-wise, relationship-wise and work. I managed to keep my weight under 90kgs - usually around 86 for the most part, after dropping to 77 (thanks to a severe bout of gastro). I was in and out of hospital several times for procedures involving kidneys and while working 2 and at one stage 3 jobs all year, discovered most of the pain I was experiencing was due to an on-going kidney infection. By the time this was sorted it was October.

I had left one job and started another while still working at my local job. The new job required travelling a 150km round trip a couple of times a week. That was ok but I was always rostered till 8pm and it involved cooking take away food. I decided in December to cut back to one job. The three jobs helped out financially but the stress and my health wasn't worth it. I also was still working the odd overnight shift from 11pm till 7am and every job I was working was up to 8 hours on my feet with no meal break. The times I did prep food according to the EP and took it with me I often didn't have time to stop and eat.

Once I got to December, with Christmas coming up I just decided to get through that month then once back to one job, make use of my extra time to sort my life out.

By the time we got through Christmas and boxing day I was literally hanging out to eat healthy so it was a win/win. By the first of January my weight was up to 92.4kg. Still a LOT better than the 140kgs I started at but only a couple of kgs under where I was when I lost the plot and messed up with the EP.

I'm happy to say since January 2 I have lost 8kgs. I am finally getting my act together and I don't miss the the stuff I was eating - well picking at, at work to get through a shift. To the point where I have just done 2 overnight shifts, took crackers and an apple and 2 litres of water. Drank the water but wasn't even hungry, not even once, both nights. I am trying to walk 30 minutes a day, not fast (keeping it in the fatburn zone - thanks Fitbit) and I do some body resistance and weights but am careful to take days off when I need to, unlike last year where I got obsessed and over did it. I am religiously weighing EVERYTHING and making sure it's all Cohens friendly. I don't know why I ever let myself stop in the first place. I love the food I have on this EP.

I have about 22kgs to go, and I want this to be the year I finish.

Old 20-01-2018, 00:19
On my way - To a new me.

Well done so far B! You are in good company here, there's a few of us restarting our plans etc.
All the best
Jen

Old 20-01-2018, 08:28
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks findingme. I guess I've become pretty philosophical about the whole thing. Kind of like your username - I know if I had completed it the first time, I wouldn't have learned as much about myself and quite likely put back on all the weight I've lost to date. It may be a slow process but the regression has been minimal because over time Ive worked out what I really want - its not just about losing weight. It's how I cope with the ups and downs of life generally. Staying true to myself and learning that I'm a lot stronger person than I ever believed, not to mention how long it takes for ingrained habits to be replaced with new ones - not just physical habits but the thought tapes that run in our heads that try to sabotage us. Ive changed a lot of them. In the past within months Ive always put back on all the weight Ive lost. But this time for 2 years I've kept off 50kgs. I had a point that I would not allow myself to go past ever again.

Having said all that, the up side with completing the program quickly is with continual dedication, the weight does keep coming off and I think this is key - because it's fast weightloss, you don't have too much time to become comfortable with losing x amount and start to let things slide. I have done that a few times. So for this last 20 I need to keep going till I'm finished.

Old 20-01-2018, 13:11
On my way - To a new me.

Hi B
I am the same. I love this eating lifestyle & the food.
I also have 20odd kilos to lose now. I lost 20 last year but got derailed, but as the C food & meals are my mainstay, I can now continue, I have to lose the 10kg I've put on & then the other 10 or so to get to goal.

I have definitely enjoyed my Cohen's much more this time around as I have known what to expect, this I have been mentally prepared for some of the challenging aspects IE long black coffee, the 5 hour rule etc, no milk. It's just how I live now.i am so glad I do.
I have a few things to overcome, bad habits I've slipped back into, hence restarting now.

Looking forward to reading your journey B, it is about us, not just the weight-loss.

Take care
Luv Jen

Old 20-01-2018, 16:34
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Wow! You certainly did have a tough year BT! Well done for not putting all your weight back on - that's a huge achievement!

I look forward to watching you get rid of those last 20kg and reaching goal. You can do this. WE can do this. I imagine a skinny Christmas in 2018 instead of the fat one I had for 2017

Louise

Louise

"Just follow the plan, maintain your new habits and you will be rewarded!"
Old 22-01-2018, 15:52
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Louise - haha I've shocked myself that I managed to keep most of the weight off - so unlike the old me. Maybe I am starting to "get it"

I called the hospital to find out when my pyleoplasty will be and they are trying for February but no definite date yet. So, I'm hoping to be under 80 by then. Obviously there it's only going to help the procedure. If all goes well, I should only have to go back for one more procedure - to have a kidney stent removed and hopefully after that will be home free. After 3 years of issues - constant hospital stays, pain and the drain on the finances it will be a relief. I'm trying to plan ahead for the eating in hospital. Our local hospital is extremely flexible with visiting hours and with my partner being 5 minutes away, he would be able to bring in my food. But this hospital is very strict, and the staff on the ward aren't very compliant. So far the plan is to get tubs of yoghurt (small ones) clearly labelled with my name and ask if they can keep them in the fridge for breakfast. Lunch I'm not sure about yet. I think I'm going to be pushing it asking for them to keep my yoghurt. Crackers and fruit I can take with me. My partner can bring dinner in for me. I will probably stick to tuna and salad, the simpler the better. It's 450kms away from home so partner will be staying probably in a motel with minimal cooking facilities. The drive home - about 4-6 hours depending, so again probably tuna and salad for lunch and cook dinner when I get home. Will be praying that's before 9pm haha. I have been told I will initially be in intensive care so I have no idea what the situation will be there regarding food. I would like to skip the main ward, have a quick recovery and nick off home asap. But since I've never had this procedure before who knows? I've recovered from the other procedures - 4 in total I think last year - quick enough that the last 2 they let me go home that night. I doubt that will be the case this time but if I can be out after a couple of nights I will be really happy.

We have an outdoor concert this Friday which I'm looking forward to. It's going to be 39, so I'm going to appreciate drinking water and having tuna and salad for lunch.

Went to the supermarket today to grab some cucumber, tuna and zucchini. The bakery must have just taken out some chocolate chip cookies. The smell!! OMG!! Then I just switched off. (Convenient how they place the bakery right near the fruit and vegetable section eh? Like that's not deliberate). So just now, thinking about it - the times in the past I've given in to temptation and thought one little bit wont hurt I have now realized if I'm even considering it, my head is not in the zone. No, it wont always be but to what degree it isn't, varies. Of course there is always going to be occasions where I have to think my way out of giving in, which can be done. But honestly if I cave, even after trying to think my way out of it, removing myself from the temptation etc etc then that is really enough to tell me I am not where I need to be in my mindset. I can't just have a taste of this or that. The consequences are too big - it can lead to more tastes - then to an all out eating fest of anything and everything. At the very least it will mess up all the hard work I have done so far - bringing back the hunger, the cravings for sugar, carbs and all things non EP. If I think it's worth all that then I really need to ask myself why did I start this? Where has my determination gone? Why am I not focusing on healthy eating? How long do I really want to drag this out for? How much DO I REALLY WANT THIS? When the time comes and I have to face it, better to nip the initial thought in the bud and move on. Don't let it take root. If I choose to dwell on it I really need to ask myself why I have put so much effort in to lose what I have if I'm not going to take this seriously for the whole journey. Right??

As far as that kind of thing is concerned, last year I improved dramatically at not giving in and eating whatever I was fancying at the time out of self-pity - eg. a bad day, feeling tired, thinking about how long I have gone without whatever, having an argument with my partner, or just being plain fed up. I went through some pretty tough stuff last year and I guess I got to about August and finally the point that eating off plan and sabotaging myself to feel better emotionally was never going to help hit home. During some of the most stressful times, I calmly cooked my Cohens dinner and stayed calm and ate it. Then went to bed feeling good. Not saying this was the case every time but it happened more often than not and it made me feel like I was the rational mature adult I'm meant to be. Calm and in control of me. So if I'm leaning towards giving in for one measly bite of something I don't need, I really need to wonder what value I REALLY place on this EP. It can't be cheated. The results may still come but they are never as good as they are when I'm doing it 100%. The last 3 weeks of 100% choices has proven that.

Last edited by blondetastic; 22-01-2018 at 15:59. Reason: Add Ticker
Old 23-01-2018, 00:43
On my way - To a new me.

Well done, Blondetastic for the last 3 weeks & not putting all your weight on again when you were off plan.

You sound like you have a really tough time coming, so all the best ❤
Take care
Jen

Old 23-01-2018, 21:32
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Jen x I just need to do the very best during the time the procedure takes. The less I deviate the better, so I'm going to do everything within my power to avoid hospital food. I guess having to fast until after the op which could be anything up to 19 hours is going to be a deviation in itself, but nothing I can do about that one!!

Been thinking about how I am in the right headspace at the moment. I haven't been in this place, so dedicated for ages. I have to admit it scares me that I have gotten out of it before. I really don't want to again. I don't want to deal with the anger at myself for prolonging things, for giving in. And not to mention how hard it is to get back into it 100% after. I have managed to do that before but that was a long time ago. I need to remind myself it doesn't have to be inevitable that I will get out of the zone and cave. How I feel after isn't worth it. It's only about 20kgs to go. In comparison to where I've come from it's nothing. This is the last stretch. Why on earth would I want to blow it now?

I'm not in a bad place right now, I think it's just the fear of it happening that's weighing on my mind. I want a clean track record till the end. I would love to get there this time with no intentional deviations.

Last edited by blondetastic; 24-01-2018 at 09:22.
Old 27-01-2018, 16:07

It's so good to hear you're in the right headspace with all that's going on BT. That headspace is what will get you through the next little while when things are extra difficult. Hopefully things will improve for you after your op and there won't be any more procedures to endure.

Have a great weekend

L

Louise

Old 28-01-2018, 17:43
On my way - To a new me.

Blondetastic!

How good is it to pop onto this forum and see you back here and doing so well. Your a champion seriously, what determination and persistence you have - I'm inspired. Your gonna do it, 20kgs is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

You are a wise women. Your right when you say this isn't really about weight loss but about learning to react differently when life comes at you.

I'm just so very excited for you, you are obviously in the right head space now so it's just a matter of time. I'm going to be checking in more regularly and cheering you on. It's happening, your doing it!
Old 29-01-2018, 09:43
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you Louise!! It took me forever to get back to the right headspace. Well not really, I had it there for most of last year, but it seemed every time I started to get somewhere life threw a curve ball. Mainly revolving round work and health. Some things you just can't be prepared for. I would come home from work feeling not to bad (I can't honestly say I had more than half a day at any one time last year where I wasn't in some pain just standing up), and within hours be up at the hospital being pumped with antibiotics for 3 days. Doing the 8 hour shifts at my old jobs was times excruciating. That in itself has made a massive difference. Ive seen the extra time I have on my hands to plan things properly and the difference in my health as an opportunity to give this my all. We never know when these things can be taken away from us. Circumstances can change in a second. I am thankful that I have this opportunity and am not going to waste it. The last year has really helped me appreciate what I have now.

Donzie!! It's great to be back. Missed you guys. I could have been on here and posted more last year but it was just a tough year and I didn't want to harp on too much about it. Think I did enough of that anyway haha. Not going to say it was a bad year, because it taught me a lot. One year of learning I'm a lot better off for and for that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Weightloss is still going full steam ahead. Lost another 2.6kgs. I have only eaten seafood for my main meals since starting back up. I guess the warm weather is helping with that. Exercise wise I am walking. Not every day. I do it on the days I feel good. If I feel like I need a break I have one. I am doing some basic toning and strength training, again not every day, and probably maximum 3x a week. Exercising does help my mood and makes me feel more determined to stick with eating to plan. The desire to eat anything off plan has been minimal and lasted only seconds. And I'm rarely hungry. Energy levels are very much related to how much sleep I get. I tend to average 5.5 hours a night. It's really not enough for me. I am trying to get 7 at least.

I've switched from Pepsi Max to Caffeine free sugar free Coke. And I've found eating apples and having some curry powder on my dinner helps keep things regular if you get my drift. I had a few days last week where I didn't have them and noticed a difference. I'm sure the walking helps with that too.

Hope everyone has a great week and keeps heading in the direction they want!!

Old 29-01-2018, 12:59

Well done on the 2.6kg loss BT! Absolutely brilliant!!

Like you, I find that eating apples also helps to keep me regular but even so, I do need additional help at times. I think I will give the curry powder a try too

Louise

Louise

Old 01-02-2018, 16:48
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Louise!

Total lost for January - 10.6kgs. Super happy with that.

I can see definite change all over. Some of what held me back last year was doubting myself - whether I could really get my body back to what I know it can be. That doubt is gone! I know this works.

All I can add is if you want to drag this out forever, if you want to go through the constant feelings of being in control then not feeling in control, feeling proud of yourself then annoyed and frustrated at yourself etc, and probably most important - if you want to keep craving the foods that aren't on the EP. DEVIATE!! Reason with yourself that a little bit of this or a bite of that or one of them isn't going to hurt.

If your are finding this stuff challenging, make a pact with yourself to go hard 100% for just 1 week. If you aren't happy after a week of results with no deviations and you can't see any difference in the affect it has on your determination, continue on as you are.

I'm not saying this to make anyone feel bad, but it might just be what someone needs to hear out there, to get themselves back on track for what is a relatively short period of time and finish this weightloss journey.

I messed around most of last year and got nowhere fast. Progressed a little, regressed a little. It's worth stopping the bargaining with yourself to get the fast results and feel so much better than you probably have for weeks. I know it's easier said than done and much of it is a mental thing. But lets face it, there's no right time to start this. There is no perfect time to start anything, if we are waiting for the perfect day, it will never come because unless we really want it, we will always find an excuse we can justify to not start. Probably the main thing that helps before starting 100% is getting some decent sleep in able to cope with the less than ideal situations we all face every day, successfully.

Old 05-02-2018, 13:17

Well done BT!! That's a fabulous loss! Keep up the great work and you'll be at goal in no time

Louise

Louise

Old 05-02-2018, 17:08
Feeling more at home

Thats a great loss! Well done

Old 06-02-2018, 14:38

Wow - nearly 11 kg - thats fantastic - I bet you are smiling

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 08-02-2018, 08:47
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks WB!! Yes I am smiling I was in a bit of shock too haha.

Hi Whippy. Thank you!! How's things going with you?

Thanks Louise. You too hey?

Really appreciate the diary visits. It's been a busy week and it's great to get on here and catch up.

So I'm under 80. Only just = 79.8kgs. But so happy to see a 7 on the scales on the first digit. 12.6kgs gone like that.

I got a letter from the city hospital on Monday with a pre-op appointment date and operation date. The pre=op appointment is on Friday. It's going to be an 800km round trip. I'm working every day this week through till Sunday night so it's going to be great to have Monday off especially after doing that trip. I was supposed to have yesterday off but was called in, which was okay as it replaced some of the hours I will lose on Friday.

They had the op scheduled for the 27th, so I called to confirm the day after receiving the letter to be told it had been pushed back to March 6. I don't mind, it gives me time to lose some more before I go in. I was hoping to be under 80 by the time of the op. If I'm lucky I may be able to get to 77 which would be my lowest weight last year.

I felt like I was getting a UTI this week so have started on antibiotics and am on salt tablets which are supposed to help the stent to not need lasering to remove which is what happened last time. The medications worry me a little. I went off the salt tablets in November because the hot weather combined with them was bloating me pretty bad. But so far so good. I have been making sure to drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day. But at work this week it's been so hot (air con issues) and with the kidney problem I dehydrate quicker than normal. I think that's what contributed to me feeling like a UTI was starting. I don't want anything to jeopardize the operation so felt the antibiotics was the best thing to do.

I'm still sticking to working out and walking when I feel I can but I don't stress if I don't. This more balanced approach seems to be working. I can't believe just over a month ago I had 30.4kgs to lose and now its 17.8. Just making sure every day that I am 100% on plan.

Hope everyone is travelling well!!

Old 13-02-2018, 12:38
On my way - To a new me.

Forums are pretty quiet, hope everyone is having a good month.

The pre admission hospital visit went pretty well. Managed to get through the week with work finishing at 11.30pm Sunday night.

I have a slight UTI at the moment which I need to sort before the op. I was hoping to be 77kgs by the time the op was due and I should be able to do that seeing as I got to 79 this morning.

Now more than ever I appreciate how eating things I'm not supposed to were making it impossible for me to stick to this. The cravings for all things off plan come storming back. This time I am just not going there. I am still a bit concerned about being in hospital and being able to eat my food but planning as best as I can, and I enquired about it at my appointment on Friday and they said I can keep food in the fridge there as long as it's labelled. Things may be different on the ward. The staff there aren't overly co-operative. So we shall see.

My partner has just signed up for an 84 week program. He builds muscle pretty fast so is concentrating on putting on a little weight and gaining muscle. I know he will smash it easily. I was a bit grumpy with him the other day. Every time he weighs himself he is a little bit lighter than me and he does nothing deliberate to make that happen. So I'm happy he is looking for gains and it's my turn to support him now. Because he will still be on his program well after I reach goal and my goals will be to do some weight training we will be able to do that together. It's making things a lot easier for me now that he has restrictions on things he is allowed to eat plus he has to track his macros. I'm lucky, having mine worked out for me. Thanks Dr. Cohen!! I haven't really found it difficult to stick to what I eat while he has a bowl of icecream after dinner, or we got out and I have black coffee while he has a cino and chips or a chicken and avocado foccacia. But it's nice to know that I can actually have some things he can't at the moment even if it is just diet coke haha. He was getting really frustrated with logging his food yesterday, and annoyed that he has to weigh it. (Welcome to my world). Now he will have to prep his food to take if we go anywhere). Although he has been pretty helpful with me doing that kind of thing, I don't think he really got how organized I have to be, and the planning ahead, and the absolute accuracy involved. Now I think he will appreciate what I do a bit more. I'm also glad he started before Valentines Day. Neither of us gets to eat out for dinner. Works for me. He will reach his goals pretty fast. That's a little frustrating. Typical for females though, it just goes slower for us and takes a bit longer. It reminds me of a friend a few years ago who was trying to lose. She was watching what she ate, walking etc. Her husband worked at a supermarket. He was supposed to be doing the same. But unbeknownst to her, he was sneaking bakery items from work to eat and the first week he still managed to lose 3kgs. She was being perfect and lost 1/2 a kilo. She found out about the cakes etc. Not impressed haha.

Well have a great week everyone.

Old 16-02-2018, 17:28
On my way - To a new me.

When you've lost over 13kgs and your partner lifts you up and says: "Not to be disrespectful, but for some reason you feel heavier"

Old 16-02-2018, 18:35
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi BT,

Quote:
When you've lost over 13kgs and your partner lifts you up and says: "Not to be disrespectful, but for some reason you feel heavier"
Lessee now - that sounds to me like you might've just bought a fantastic new dog house for the back yard, and they are just itching to try it out for themselves.....

Or, if you don't have a dog, perhaps it was the new sofa you bought and (...you fill in the blanks...)

Rock on BT - you are doing fine,

Koh

Tags
blondetastics , diary