New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 07:26
Trial & Feedback ...

My NYF Diary

Hey EJ, great thread ... sure to get everyone thinking and refocused on the job at hand.

I've been back on plan for a few weeks now, some weeks very successfully, others not so. It was tough going back on plan, very tough, but I felt it was the only way for me to get back to goal. I still struggle mentally and I think that's due to this time not feeling like it has urgency; I know I'll get there ... hope that makes sense.

My reasons for returning, oh my ... in a nutshell I was having mood swings; was generally an unhappy person (again); clothes weren't just tight, they just didn't fit (I hated having to buy larger sizes); and mostly I just felt like I had lost myself again.

My goal is to get back to my goal weight, do refeed, and then maintain like I am right now when I'm not 100% on plan. This sidetrack has taught me a lot and will come in very handy when I return to maintenance for good!!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:23
Part of the Furniture

Default Re: The Clean Slate

Hi Jaycee!

Yes I totally understand your reasons...esp the one about losing yourself! I totally agree with that one, even though I haven't put all my weight back on I still feel terrible. To look at me I don't look overweight, most people would roll their eyes if I was to say I feel so fat....(unless they too have done Cohens and know how amazing you when eating clean etc).

Today is day 2, I woke up after such a weird nights sleep, but I felt positive for the next journey ahead. Was even feeling brave to see what the scales said and now I am glad I jumped on because I only have 5.4kgs to lose to get to pre-Christmas weight...I wrote myself off thinking the way things had been going 8-9kgs.
But again, I will not focus on the scales, they are a guide not the rule in Cohens, the tape measure is more accurate for me, so I will go mainly by them too and how I actually "feel" on the inside!

Yay gals...and any guys that want to join in....Clean Slate is awesome!
I was thinking about maintenance last night and when I get back there I think every 4th week I will just rein things in a little, I think it might be better doing a monthly tune up than needing to go back OP after 7 months of maintenance.
That's the other thing, even though it was hard I did maintain my weight for around 4 months before the bus started to pull away a little bit. And we all know where a little deviation can lead to!

Hope everyone else feeling the positive cleanliness that starting over brings.....sending you focus and fresh determination vibes *sprinkle*

xoox

Old 02-04-2013, 08:24
Part of the Furniture

PS Nic....may get Lu's number off you when I see you next.....does she do gel polish also??
xoxo

Old 02-04-2013, 08:54
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary

Funny you should say about the monthly tune up...I was kinda thinking the same thing EJ...just one week of total Cohen's food to kick each month off...and I think CB's consultant said she did two weeks on plan and refeed every year...thought that might be good for January LOL

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03
Part of the Furniture

LOL Ciors..what a good idea...should add that to the "Things to Do" list for January each year! Love it!
oxox

Old 02-04-2013, 21:30
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary

I thought that it's after Christmas where there's always too much food, sugar, alcohol...even when you restrain yourself lmfo! And also after New Years....perfect timing. CB, was it your consultant that did that?

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 03-04-2013, 07:24
Feeling more at home

I'm here too - started again on 1 april - pleased to see I am not alone! I have managed okay so far, taking my chromium/omega/magnesium supps every morning has kept me sane and from feeling like starving. But ... and there's always a BUT ... I did expect more than 100gm loss the first day, but I think I have redeemed it with 600gm overnight, so that's 700gms in total since Day 1 - but I have done waaaaay better so I guess that's why I feel despondent! Must drink more water, must drink more water, must drink more water.... mutter mutter SLAP
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25
Feeling more at home

I am feeling a lot less bloated though.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

My NYF Diary

Yep that was my consultant who mentioned that. Apparently a few people do it around Jan Feb to get on track after the silly season and also starts the year on the right foot

Well done everyone I love reading your positivity in this thread !!

Eating plan begins: 25 September 2012, 74.8kg
Refeed begins: 11 Feb 2013, 54.9kg
Maintenance begins: 2 March 2013, 54.9kg

Old 03-04-2013, 09:20
Trial & Feedback ...

My NYF Diary

Wasn't till I read these comments that I remembered my 2nd consultant saying that every six weeks she goes back on plan for a week - at the time I thought "how ridiculous" but hey, it makes a lot of sense to me now.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:38
Searching for ME again...

Today is day 5 for me and I have been doing well so far. BUT (theres that word again), I have to admit, my mood gets a bit low when I look at pictures of myself over my three years of successful maintaining. I'm very hard on myself. I just wonder why I struggled so much last year when other areas of my life had fallen into place (great job & friends in Australia). Its also challenging at the moment due to the fact I don't have a job back here in NZ yet and I am focussing sooo much on Cohens. Arrrgghh (chewing my elbows)!!

x

Old 03-04-2013, 15:17
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Great thread.

I started my clean slate 7 weeks ago now, I think... So glad I did. I kept putting it off because I knew the effort involved, but once you're into it and see the results it's hard not to be happy

I do gelish nails at home. Addicted.

I used to get shellac done at the salon but it was sending me broke! I find it pretty easy to do at home (I use gelish though as I like the colours more). Another great thing is, between curing with the UV light you can clean up any mistakes you make.
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 03-04-2013, 17:32
Part of the Furniture

Hi there everyone!

Drafty I find it soooo hard to drink cold water here in CHCH in the cooler autumn/winter days...I resorted to adding hot water from the jug sometimes just to warm it up! LOL! Extra yay goes to you for less bloating!!

Lil Doll..awesome work for 7 weeks!! I think starting is sometimes the hardest bit, its so easy to put off getting back on track until tomorrow, which turns into the next day and then the next....etc...so well done for getting back on it!

Like the sound of touching up mistakes with Gelish, I am useless at painting my right hand..polish goes all over the place!

Well Day 3 is closing to an end for me...so tired, like exhausted...although I am finding it hard to stay awake until bed time, this is exactly what I mean about good nights sleep cos I am so tired that I donot remember anything until morning!! I love those deeeeeeeeeeep sleeps!
I don't know if thats a good sign or a bad sign? Is that the hormone hgc or something doing its thing?

I am due to have my last cracker so I will go and do that then jump in a nice relaxing shower!
Yay!

I hope you are all feeling well today and being kind to yourselves come what may because you have given yourself a Clean Slate! xoxo
xoxo

Old 04-04-2013, 08:02
Part of the Furniture

Good morning....Day 4 here for me!

My wee one is sick so I am home today, I am working on a very important assignment....just having a mental break! LOL! So thought I'd pop on here

Woke up feeling good, then my child was sick and I thought oh no...stuck at home today...no matter I have got on with it, funny how being on plan makes me feel less stressed...if I was on "maintenance" I'm sure I would have had more than I needed at breakfast time to quell the stress inside. But this time hardly much of a rise in stress factors...good chance to get on with this assignment of mine i thought!

I am sure my body is looking a little different? I'm not sure if this is another mental thing, definitely feeling slimmer anyway...that always helps!!

My muscles were achey tired last night, the shower was good and I was straight off to deep sleep when I went to bed...yippee!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day too!
xo

Old 04-04-2013, 08:36
Part of the Furniture

I don't think I look smaller but feel much better, I know when im bloated (larger) as if I stand with my hands on my hips tells it all for me, either a heavy muffin or none - and last night at training was the first time in a few weeks where I could feel the no muffin lol - mental thing to maybe!!!! I put all my weight on in my tummy first YAY!

Ohhhh deep sleep how I love you...had another one last night myself, I have so missed them.... Hope the wee ones feeling better soon x

35.5 weeks on the program, 100% true and finished stage 1 !!!!

Starting date 22nd Feb 2012
Goal 1-8 Complete!
Goal 8 - Complete 28th oct 61.6kgs started reefed

Started 1st April 2013 - Clean Up.

DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48

My NYF Diary

Sorry to read about your little one being ill! That's no good.

It's great how aware we become when on plan about our habits regarding food. I too would eat more than I needed just to quell something. Stress, sadness, loneliness... whatever.

I started feeling slimmer right away too. Your body just feels cleaner too and maybe you did lose some bloating. I know I did, but I do have more to lose so it was natural... Probably completely unnoticeable to anyone else but me though
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

Old 04-04-2013, 17:18
Part of the Furniture

Hi gals!!

Feeling tired today...not sure if it really is Cohens because I was working hard on an assignment today (brain drain) but still have lots to get through tomorrow...might try and do some more tonight...if I can be bothered (probably not...LOL!) my fav program Silk is on at 8.30pm tonight on Vibe (I think or UKTV) channel...sky tv household here!

Maybe I will do some until then, although I do have all the washing to fold and ironing to do....hmmm..i digress!

Food all good today...lovely catching up with Mrs.Nicole this afternoon!! Feels very good having an honest chat about how things have been and our ideas for going forward...thanks Nic! xo

I kind of had a thought of my body as a wee sports car (when at goal) sensitive to the fuel you put in it and needs regular tune ups, long drives every now and again to clean everything out.
Maybe I should look at maintenance more like that....putting in quality food 90% of the time, regular exercise with a few longer/harder ones added to burn those muscles out and maybe a week here and there with food reined in somewhat to balance the richer foods I tend to have on maintenance..why does this seem so much simpler now than before?

Cohen's clears your brain out I think, being OP takes the emotional connection away and puts a bit more of a lid on it....what is it about maintenance that makes me feel a little unhinged?
Maybe it was becasue I felt I was OP for a long time (I wasn't really) and just went full steam ahead into everything, and then feeling bad that I had no self-control so carried on with it (at times...not always)

Phew...what a relief we get another go with Cohens...and even though I've got a wee way ahead, I know I am feeling slimmer, rather than feeling fatter.
Me like!

oxxoxo

Old 05-04-2013, 10:49
Part of the Furniture

CHEESE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

xo

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41

My NYF Diary

haha, me too, EJ!

Old 05-04-2013, 13:51
Part of the Furniture

Hi Lil Doll! Oh how I love cheese day!!

I don't think I had ever eaten mozz cheese before Cohens...well maybe if it was on a store bought pizza for example, but I had never bought it at the supermarket....how could I have ever been living without knowing the deliciousness that is mozz cheese??

I had it melted over veges today...I was cold today, the cheese was melty, warm, stretchy and total deliciousness personified!

Makes me a little sad for dinner tonight tho! Hahahaha!

xoxo

Tags
back , clean , on plan , slate , start