New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 13:54
Part of the Furniture

Default Re: The Clean Slate

Day 5 for me today oops...I was thinking it was day 4!?!

I am stingy for my two pieces of fruit....absolutely dying a little bit at the thought of refeed with my extra pieces of fruit. I must say being OP my quantity of fruit makes me quiver with self-pity a little bit...I know I don't need the extra piece of fruit, but once afternnon tea passes and I have had my last bit of the day, I could swaer I hear the fruit bowl trying to tempt me with its flashy apples and oranges.

How rude!

Oh....P.S. just editing to add, just discovered the best tasting decaf coffee (IMO), its Mocconna Decaf, in NZ its sold in a glass jar with a gold label and the decaf has blue behind it. I discovered it at work, and when I went to the supermarket this week it was on special to $10 (eep!!) more than I normally spend on decaf coffee but it is so worth it. So I treated myself to a jar.

And extra P.P.S TOM came today after 5 days OP!! Amazing! This is my 3rd TOM since 29th July 2012! once I did refeed I didn't get one for 5 months! Which was worrying as I was every 28 days while OP?!

Anyway...yay for TOM (in a weird way)

xoxo

Last edited by ej_nz; 05-04-2013 at 14:02.
Old 05-04-2013, 14:55
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey EJ!

How was your cheesy lunch??

I bought my mum that Mocconna decaf. She really liked it. She is anti-decaf and usually has mocconna so I tricked her into drinking the decaf one day to see if she would even notice... Muahaha, sucker, had no idea! She sometimes wakes early in the morning- we're talking 3am and wouldn't be able to go abck to sleep, so what would she do? Have a coffee! That's why I got her the decaf. I haven't tried it, but maybe I will!

I am soooo stingerella with my fruit too! I leave it all for the last possible moment because I know I will want more! I can go without it during the day as I know I can have 2 pieces later... Weird logic! I loveeeeeee refeed fruit! I cry thinking about the goodies to come in refeed! Sliced banana toasted on rye bread with or without the smidge of butter! Mmmmmm! Popcorn!!! Lamb! Salmon! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! haha

Oh and grrreat news re: TOM!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 05-04-2013, 15:04
Part of the Furniture

Cheese for dinner for me wahoooooo, melted on a salada with mushrooms and tomatoes me thinks!

I save ne apple for after dinner and I crave something then, so finding only two fruits hard! BUT in saying that in the big wide world of maintenance fruit was not the first thing I grabbed - this will have to change.

35.5 weeks on the program, 100% true and finished stage 1 !!!!

Starting date 22nd Feb 2012
Goal 1-8 Complete!
Goal 8 - Complete 28th oct 61.6kgs started reefed

Started 1st April 2013 - Clean Up.

DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!
Old 05-04-2013, 15:15
Part of the Furniture

Hi Lil Doll...this was my post I posted on the earlier page about my cheese lunch......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_nz View Post
Hi Lil Doll! Oh how I love cheese day!!

I don't think I had ever eaten mozz cheese before Cohens...well maybe if it was on a store bought pizza for example, but I had never bought it at the supermarket....how could I have ever been living without knowing the deliciousness that is mozz cheese??

I had it melted over veges today...I was cold today, the cheese was melty, warm, stretchy and total deliciousness personified!

Makes me a little sad for dinner tonight tho! Hahahaha!

xoxo

Cheese meals are great! I was suprised one day to find a smaller option in M1 and had it for breakfast...oh my....what a way to start the day! Although I do wish either my egg or yoghurt options weren't in the same M1 category...some days I wish I could have yoghurt for breakfast and egg for lunch...
The dilemmas!!

Oh yea, I know Nic....fruit needs to be back on its rightful pedestal in maintenance!!

Look at you two stars being able to save fruit until after tea, so far I have used cheese, egg, fruit and cracker credits.

Dinner time is going to be severely under-rated!

Might bust out some courgette chips...my ghost chips, look like chips but aren't.
Not as superior as the potato ones I have made, but needs must while OP!

Also editing to add, that I did do more of my assignment last night before Silk started (Thursday 8.30pm (NZ Time) on UKTV for any Sky TV lovers out there)...go me!

Just spent another 5.5hours on it today and have one last question!! Yay!!

going to do more now....while the children watch a movie on tv...what an awesome attentive parent I am!
xoxo

Last edited by ej_nz; 05-04-2013 at 15:18.
Old 05-04-2013, 15:40

My NYF Diary

So many cheese lovers!!

It is everything you said it was for me too! Mmmm, deliciousness personified!!!

I used to watch silk too. It was our free-to-air tv in Aust. I think there were 2 seasons. I really enjoyed it!

We have UKTV on Foxtel here, might see if it's on that.

If the brekky meals were divided between the other meals, I would be in heaven!

Good luck finishing your assignment!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

Old 07-04-2013, 07:04
Part of the Furniture

Hi de hi!

Just had an apple "pie" with my cinnamon yoghurt...divine!!

Who would have ever imagined I'd be so pumped for cooked apple sandwiched between crackers as pie?
LOL!

Had a nice sleep in until 8.30am which is actually 7.30am because of daylight savings ending...so it was good to be up early but sleep in at the same time!

Day 7 for me today!! Whoop!

I am meant to weigh tomorrow but I will hold off as my tummy is really sore from TOM, which is quite full-on at the moment, so I think I will wait until that subsides, and be kinder to myself for the first weigh in

Hope all is well! Have a lovely day

xo
PS Lil Doll, I didn't know about SIlk at all until just recently, it seems its a bit old hat as everyone I mention it to has already seen it! I love it, I heard they are making another series...yay!

Old 07-04-2013, 15:48
Part of the Furniture

Ok, back again to tell everyone how much I would really like a piece of fruit right now.

Yip, you guessed it, I have already had my fruit allowance, and also, thumbs up to the braeburns I bought, those little rascals are tasty as!!

I actually bought a mango to slow down my apple fetishes I am having at the moment, half serve fruit of mango seems reasonable to me, especially at breakfast time when I have yoghurt and fancy a bit of fruit afterwards.

OK, that's all really....how's everyone else going? Are yo still with me? Or did the evil ways of the weekend tempt you away from the clean slate a little?

xoxo

Oh and PS. this colder weather is playing havoc with my water intake, I am frozen today...I feel like soup and garlic bread! *hurry up refeed*
xoxo

Old 07-04-2013, 16:49
Searching for ME again...

Ej you are doing so well! I wish I had your focus. I have had a couple of false starts on my new plan. At the risk of sounding dispondent, I just feel so 'stuc!.' I still have a week in which to start it but I don't know whats wrong with me! I can't seem to stay out of the fridge lately. I miss the old me!!!

Old 07-04-2013, 20:12
Part of the Furniture

That's OK....right now is always a good time to start!

This is my new mantra, as the old one of "a new start tomorrow" would see an unproportionate amount of extra carbs come my way before "tomorrow came".
LOL!

I think the no running/exercising for me at the moment is helping there, I know I am not exercising so it helps to reason the lesser amounts I am on at the moment.
Just finished the aforementioned assignment...yay! Celebratory drink of water!!! I am proud I am sitting at 2L mark today...this deserves a good star i feel as the high for today was 15oC...and even then that was a fleeting high because its been freezing most of the day here!

Or maybe I'll make a sneaky Moccona (decaf)...just cos I think I really did earn that one for studying so hard!

I made rice pudding last night for the gang, made it with brown rice and a small amount of brown sugar and a real life vanilla pod instead of essence, did it in the microwave, because being on Cohens and tenderly babysitting a rice pudding in the oven was a tall ask for me, so I nuked it instead.

It looked even better than my normal ones...I think brown rice was an excellent choice, smelled super yum. Hubby just warmed up the leftovers for pudding just before and put some french vanilla icecream on it, had to have my compulsory sniff of it, my way of being part of it...LOL! Look forward to partaking in a spoon of it in the future.

Oh I made the family for their dinner tonight a first course home made slow roasted balsamic tomato soup and then bacon and egg pie, made with fresh ingredients and with filo pastry. Super quick only 4 ingredients, filo, bacon, onion and egg.

They loved it. I was pleased to hear it was better than my mums one! Wow, now that's a compliment!

Oh and while we're on the topic of food...am I ever off this topic?? LOL.....I found a cool freddo frog when I was at the shops, it has 100s and 1000s in it and it looked like a real solid piece of chocolate, a good tasting bit, I bought a couple for the kids and when I gave them to them today after sport presentations (one got a trophy...super proud mum moment)....I noticed they were 35g.

I was shocked, I thought they were way bigger than than going by how big they looked and thought if I was ever ever desperate and had met my other criteria that one of those with carbs would be a great treat for me in maintenance.
I also decided not to buy things and have them here in the house, if I really want that chocolate bar, it would mean I would have to buy it the day of consumption, rather buy it for the day of consumption.

OK, rambling on a bit here....will get the kettle on!
xoxoxo

Last edited by ej_nz; 07-04-2013 at 20:22.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:27
Part of the Furniture

Morning EJ, week one down, are you weighing or still going by clothing? I bet you will be surprised if you weigh!

Well Clean Slate starting from me today, I feel off last night, All cohens meals still spot on but added in something that I KNEW I didn't need while watching a movie.

Had the show on the scales this morning which I ope is enough to make me keep going 100%, Sat (?) I was sitting at 2.6kg loss and this morning only 1.6kg loss - so that was MY fault! Positive side though at least I did not put on 1.6kgs and I am losing.

Hubby will be getting the hard word tonight about JUST SAY NO! hahaha harder than it sounds.

Anyway, new week, still feeling good, abit headachy but I know why and our test at training tonight haha still cant do a crow stand for a minute, hmmm.

35.5 weeks on the program, 100% true and finished stage 1 !!!!

Starting date 22nd Feb 2012
Goal 1-8 Complete!
Goal 8 - Complete 28th oct 61.6kgs started reefed

Started 1st April 2013 - Clean Up.

DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!
Old 08-04-2013, 13:09

My NYF Diary

Mmm, rice pudding! That is my favourite dessert by far!

Sounds like you are going well, EJ. One week down! I found that first week to be the hardest, then it was like 'well, I've come this far, don't want to have to detox again!'

Old 08-04-2013, 15:30
Part of the Furniture

Hi girls!!

Yip totally, come this far Lil Doll, I don't like Day 3 colly wobbles, so onwards and downwards!
Didn't end up doing the hot drink last night, went to bed instead

Nic, not weighing, I still TOM and I know that plays merry hell with the scales, no time to measure before work either this morning, plenty of time other days for such lark.

I'm going by feeling, I will know when it is right then.

Had a yucky day today...so pleased to be home....I want track pants and a lie down!

Instead, I will make everyones lunches, dinners and do housework instead! Oh and probably more of my assignment.

*happy times*

It could be worse, I could weigh more and have to do all of that....every cloud does have a silver lining!! LOL!!

xo

Old 08-04-2013, 15:58

My NYF Diary

LOL love your positivity, ej! No point complaining

Old 08-04-2013, 16:29
Part of the Furniture

Heehee...I need every little silver thread of the lining I can get today! Not with being OP...I thought to myself how blessed I am to actually be OP at the moment...its one less thing to worry about...how mad is that but it is certainly helping me.

Just found out when my exam is...in 6 months time...totally 100% meep! I think I may need a dead set plan to get me around that stressful hump!

How lucky we are to have all our foods sorted out, that's how I feel at the moment.
Junk food just adds to the junk of life I guess.

Does anyone have a recipe that takes 1 egg for allowance and make courgette fritter using plan vege amount please?

Love xoxo
Thanks xoxoxo

Old 09-04-2013, 06:44
Part of the Furniture

Day 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all

xoxo

Old 09-04-2013, 12:12
Part of the Furniture

Special news....

I am having pie for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is steak and mushroom pie to be exact!
Pie? you say...pie on Cohens?

Yip, made it with my steak allowance, mushroom + courgette + garlic from vege allowance and balsamic mayo and water to deglaze the meat juices when I cooked it all up in the pan, cracked pepper, into a plastic container topped with two crackers and left overnight in fridge.

Now the crackers are the "pastry" on top and when you reheat go soft and not chewy...OK so its not really a genuine "pie" but on days like today (freezing) I'll take it!

Will had to recipe list on refeed days...a bit of cheese under the pastry will be divine!!!

OK..that is all

xoxo

Old 09-04-2013, 15:17

My NYF Diary

Oooh fancy!

I am such a sucker, I can't bear to sacrifice my crackers during meal time- except on CHEESE day. I need my crackers to help me through the meal times. haha.

Yay for Day 9!!

Old 09-04-2013, 15:29
Part of the Furniture

The crackers are a bone of contention for me too Lil Doll.

It just wouldn't have been pie though without them!

Now I have use all my cracker credits (just had the last for afternoon tea)...I am on the downward slide to dinner time!

I usually have a tipple of the contentious diet soda after dinner, or while cooking dinner either, or!

I quickly took my measurements this morning before work...most down a little bit...big loss was off abdo and boobies...but TOM took care of that.

Surprised my thighs weren't smaller....I am sure they were looking smalller...even hubby commented! Maybe I measure in different spot? I have funny old legs at times!
The part around my knee is smaller (yay)!! I call that part my sausage bits, because they are the first spot I feel weight in my legs especially when I am sitting on them...they feel tight like sausage skin when I put weight on!!
LOL!

Maybe if I start up a dev free thread the badge can be a wee sausage...oh total riot!!

*die laughing*

xoxo

Old 09-04-2013, 15:32
Part of the Furniture

let's pretend this wee chap is actually an evil sausage...

Old 09-04-2013, 15:37

My NYF Diary

haha, a sausage ribbon!

Maybe your thighs have slimmed down just not where you measured? I use a freckle thing I have on my leg as my guide... Same with my upper arms.

Tags
back , clean , on plan , slate , start