New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 18:48
Part of the Furniture

Default Re: The Clean Slate

Yes this is true....I use a freckle on my arm and lost 0.5cm off arm in a week (which is a bit for my arms).

Sausage bits were down 1.5cm...fist pumps for that!!

You are probably right...maybe it was all in the way the tape measure was for the thighs...hips and derriere down 1.5-2cm too

Joy Joy Joy Joy!!!

Oh and also, I got a pair of pants on clearance for $15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is awesome today!! xoxo

Old 09-04-2013, 20:26
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Well done EJ for achieving your goal - getting back onto plan. I would love to go back on plan for two weeks but struggling with the idea of giving up exercise. I know that I can't eat OP and exercise as well so will just have to try and be strong on the no carbs. Does this sound like an excuse am struggling with that as well.

Anyways, enjoying reading your posts, keep up the good work
WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20
Feeling more at home

Haven't had the best results since Monday, seem to be at a stalemate. I think my body is a bit confused but I am soldiering on because even though the scales haven't moved much in the past 3 mornings, I can visually see a difference, as well as feel it. Getting comments 'again' this week ie 'you look like you have lost more weight', so in a weird way I guess I'm shrinking. I should have started taking measurements from 1 April - hindsight is so wondrous!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21
Feeling more at home

BTW, do we HAVE to eat the crackers??? I just find I don't want them this time round, I'm really enjoying the whole 'gluten free' feeling on top of all the other benefits.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:32
Part of the Furniture

Drafty - only for the first 10 days of OP. Then after that its up to you. You can have a certain type of rice cracker on plan for gluten free option....check your plan for the brand name.

Oh I wish I had the same fortitude as you! I love me some tasty Saladas!

xo

Old 10-04-2013, 10:34
Feeling more at home

I usually do too, but I just don't fancy any kind of gluten at the moment - really enjoying my veges and meat. I find that the salada bloats me - any crackers do. I'm sure I am wheat intolerant. And I just feel soooo much better on non-processed foods, that's something Cohens has taught me.
Old 10-04-2013, 17:59
Part of the Furniture

Oh that's awesome you have discovered what makes you bloated...do rice crackers bloat you too? Or cassava chips? (maybe save trialling that until maintenance)...cassava chips are nice.

I think they are a carb of some kind...a root vege I think?

OK...ending day 10 today!! I have been more successful with water today, bought a nice tall and skinny drink bottle that holds 800ml, and believe me the extra 50ml makes such a difference from my old one, esp on chilly autumn days here! brrr!!!!

I am about to cook tea...steak and portobello mushrooms, and maybe some courgette?? yum!

I woke up this morning and had a "moment" where I thought...gee can I really keep going? Not from a physical point of view, just a mental bump in the road, now I am on this side of it I am pleased I am OP.

Makes me think about things that bother me and try to deal with them better, I was in a bit of a state because there was a sudden change of plan in my routine, at least my trusty plan was on hand to let me know what M option to have...makes life easier for me in such instances.

I do need to bake muffins for my family, but I can't be bothered...I am buying that stuff at the moment, just don't want to smell it baking.
Infact, husband has gladly put up his hand to buy a slice from the Couplands store, he was rabbiting on about raspberry slice and I said I'm not baking at the moment, so he is more than happy to buy the slice and I am pleased becasue I don't have to spend time baking something I am not eating.

(Just quietly, slices like that are fiddly somewhat...so I probably wouldn't even be bothered to make it even if I wasn't OP!!) Shh I won't tell him that.

He loves his sweets, he must have chocolate every day, he exercises like a trooper though, so he is balanced.
He is one of those admirable people that can open a block of chocolate and break a piece off slowly and not eat in one go....as long as he can have a little bit each day he is happy.

His reward is to be able to have some every day, rather than a whole heap and then nothing for months (like me...LOL!!!)

Hope everyone is going well...what sbeen happening???

xoxo

Old 11-04-2013, 07:02
Part of the Furniture

Day 11 today....over the week and a half hump now!

How's everyone going?

Loved my apple today....I wish I had an apple the same as I just had the size of my head...that would be Cohen's bliss!

I have another message cup for OP days...

Keep Calm and Carry On.

It brings a smile to my face whenever I see it.

Carry On peeps!

xoxo

Old 11-04-2013, 10:34
Part of the Furniture

Apple the size of your head hahahaha if only! lovely to see you for coffee miss training made me feel much better about yesterday lol x

35.5 weeks on the program, 100% true and finished stage 1 !!!!

Starting date 22nd Feb 2012
Goal 1-8 Complete!
Goal 8 - Complete 28th oct 61.6kgs started reefed

Started 1st April 2013 - Clean Up.

DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:45
Feeling more at home

I've started buying smaller 'kiddie' apples, so I can have 2 of those plus another fruit. One kiddie apple for m/t and a/t works perfectly, saves cutting in half and risking browning.

ej_nz I just find any carbs bloat me - how awesome is that for a reason to quit them!

But yesterday I did have my salada, and today too, as part of my lunch. I'm okay with smaller amounts but do prefer not to have any.

Finding it very weird this week that my scales are up and down, no real loss since Saturday, yet my clothes are looser, workmates commenting 'am I losing more weight as I am looking slimmer', in fact overnight I gained 500gms so shall I blame the salada?!? Sticking to the Plan so I can't see what's going wrong. Trying to up my water to more than 2 litres as well.... bah humbug
Old 11-04-2013, 12:48
Feeling more at home

ej_nz I bake more now than I ever did - in fact I never did. And I create amazing meals for hubby (who is a slim-jim). I just live vicariously through him, if I create and bake I feel satisfied. I manage not to taste-test most of the time. Last night I made an amazing muesli bar for him and didn't taste a crumb - that was a bit harder than usual cause it was full of nice sticky rolled oats/dried fruits/nuts/sugar/golden syrup/butter - ooooooooh yum.... but the smell was enough for me.
Old 11-04-2013, 15:36
Part of the Furniture

Oh Drafty....you don't know how alike we are!!!

When I did plan 1st time I would bake up a storm and relish the delight on my family members' faces and I was satisfied with that.
Oh and also....you mention the combo of rolled oats/dried fruit/nuts/sugar/golden syrup....we were separated at birth....I ended up after refeed wondering how evil was it to eat dry museli as my carb allowance!! Sanitarium toasted...yum!

Do you love (or used to love) Cookie time bumper bars? I found Mother Earth ones in the shop (baked muesli slice....apricot choc to be exact) taste just like them...but less fat.
At CountDown here in NZ (oh yea...are you Kiwi or Aussie??) they had 2 boxes of Mother Earth bars for $5!!!!

Oh it took all my strength to walk away. I love them so much!

xoxo

xoxo

Old 11-04-2013, 16:41
Part of the Furniture

Just came back to let you know Drafty...times like that your body can be re-shaping...sounds weird but its true.
Feel slimmer in your body and clothes etc..but scales don't show it, reshaping is occuring.

Got to love Cohen's for that!!

PS If you haven't tried the Mother earth bars...don't even start! Especially their Anzac one also.
Oh Anzac biscuits....guess what''s coming up in 2 weeks time!! LOL!!
I saw the Poppy sign out today when I was buying a coffee.
And guess who won't be baking Anzacs this year?!!

Haha! My poor neglected family.
Just can't cope with the smell of them baking with coconut in them...its divine! So are homemade muesli bars for the same reason...not going there either!

xoxo

Last edited by ej_nz; 11-04-2013 at 16:43.
Old 11-04-2013, 21:07
Part of the Furniture

Tomorrow is Day 12!! Yippee!!

2 more days and I can pick or chose when to start refeed if my body fancies it! Yeehaa!

Wow, that has actually gone really fast! Another side effect of Cohens I have remembered from being OP, when you just focus on the day ahead how quickly the days turn into weeks, which turn into months!

Feeling really good today, my skin has been so much clearer and face less puffy than 10 days ago...plus I got TOM so that's awesome, as that's always normally really bad around then.

I have some flash recipes I have found that I look forward to making my mum for mothers day special lunch and are cohen friendly for maintenance guidelines.
I forgot how much crap goes into processed foods, and then remembered the awesomeness of some of the vegan recipes me and my friend from work have tried...totally amaze!

At one point, I loved dates more than chocolate!?!!

xoxo

Old 12-04-2013, 08:11
Part of the Furniture

Day 12.

Check it!!

Old 12-04-2013, 14:45
Part of the Furniture

hi all!

My husband has a saying from his rugby days (they used to banter about before a rugby game) that goes something like this..."winners make it happen, losers let it happen"....I always found that a bit terse, but rugby being more of a man's world (no offence to any girl rugby players out there), the message was probably the right tone for a man.

Anyway...imagine my surprise when I was out one day and I found a cute paper weight, it is a cube and made from glass, the underside is the patterned side and can be seen from all angles because the cube is glass and the quote written on it says
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

This is a gentler version of my hubby's rugby quote I thought and I bought the paperweight and I just looked at it now.

i thought it was a good quote to share.

Hope you like it! What's up for the weekend??
xo

Old 12-04-2013, 15:18
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Nice quotes, EJ!

And yay for nearly being refeed ready!!! That was a nice stint on plan!

And yayayayayay for period etc!

Oh and Dafty, not sure if you're just re-doing your plan for a little wee bit or not, but people fully On plan shouldn't really have 2 smaller apples and count them as one. I have read that each apple contains the same amount of sugar (fructose), no matter the size. I can't explain it as well as I originally read on here somewhere... Just wanted to mention it in case any full plan peeps were reading
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?

Last edited by lil_doll; 12-04-2013 at 15:28.
Old 12-04-2013, 16:13
Part of the Furniture

Oh that is good to know Lil Doll!

I don't feel so bad now for wanting apples the size of my head! Lol!

Haha...not sure when I will be ready to start refeed...but at least with cracking the 2 week mark (as I am not weighing) i will wait for the signs....

But knowing me I could still be another 4 weeks off yet...makes the next 4 weeks a bit more exciting however!!

xoxo

Old 13-04-2013, 16:07
On my way - To a new me.

On the topic of fructose and apples .. This website has the nutritional breakdown by different serving sizes...http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1809/2

I find fruit size very confusing as I proudly showed my small apple the first week but was told i could have a big one. So i always pick the big ones!

sorry don't know what happened to my ticker.

End Refeed weight 71.2 kg
Bunny hop challenge
Loss of 6.75 kg in the bunny hop challenge.

5kg Challenge
Starting Weight - 92.9 - 5 kg gone 21/1/13 (87.8kg)
Old 14-04-2013, 07:32
Part of the Furniture

Yes, I am another large apple hunter too...I can take awhile to choose my apples!!

Tags
back , clean , on plan , slate , start