New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Support Boards > Health and Medical issues

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57
Here to learn!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Women only thread re periods

This is a very interesting post thanks ladies. I think I am just the opposite here. I had a Nova T inserted about 3 years ago and from then on I have had long heavy periods. The first couple of days are always Niagara Falls (sorry TMI) with cramping. This is now my first TOM on the program and although I have the cramps Niagara Falls seems to have dried up a bit? Should be interesting to see if it will affect the length as well as I am normally about 12 days. PMS is also not as severe as its always been!!

No matter how many times I break down there is always a little piece of me that says NO, you're not done yet, GET BACK UP.

I am waterwise x 1

Goal 1:70kg - Done 6 Aug 2013
Goal 2: 65kg - Scheduled 20 Aug 13
Goal 3: Start pole-dance lessons
Goal 4: 60kg
Goal 5: Start refeed
Old 04-02-2013, 20:04
Feeling more at home

I know from my experience that with weightloss and the body going through change etc and trying to find it's balance you may experience changes with your period. If however the pain and flow continue to get worse, be safe and go see a professional - let him know that you are on an eating plan.
I know I can, I know I can

Old 05-02-2013, 21:13
Feeling more at home

And with posting on this thread yesterday, my period has come a week early AND there is pain in the tubes!! The amazing thing is there were absolutely no signs, no pms, nudda, just showed up. ooooh I need a hot water bottle for my tummy.
I know I can, I know I can

Old 03-03-2013, 23:36
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Guys going through my first TOM on plan and this cramping is giving me an absolute flogging I have never felt so sick and sore. I almost popped some ibuprofen for it but realized it may affect weight loss - is there anything that I can take? It's only day 1 very light but expecting there will be very heavy down pours judging by these cramps : ( no wonder I have been so snappy and tired last couple of days

Start date: 16/02/2013 at 105kg. Goal weight: 60-63kg.
Thankyou Jessy for the awesome Levi's!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:12
Here to learn!

My NYF Diary

Ooo I am so sorry to hear that Brooke and only replying now. I would strongly suggest a hot water bottle as I found the heat sooth my cramping so much! Then I would also highly recommend taking some pain killers so ease the pain as well. Put it in perspective, if you are cramping and its keeping you from having a good sleep its affecting your losses already. Not every one is affected in their weight by the pain killers so go ahead and get relieve you poor lady!! Big hugs!!

No matter how many times I break down there is always a little piece of me that says NO, you're not done yet, GET BACK UP.

I am waterwise x 1

Goal 1:70kg - Done 6 Aug 2013
Goal 2: 65kg - Scheduled 20 Aug 13
Goal 3: Start pole-dance lessons
Goal 4: 60kg
Goal 5: Start refeed
Old 07-04-2013, 21:44
On my way - To a new me.

All good advice here. I have a different question regarding periods. Does anyone else find their appetite different before during after??
Only reason i ask is that today I have come really close to deviating and the difference in my strength and determination today compared to usual is a little alarming. My period is due wondering if anyone else notices hunger spikes pms?

Goal - Under 100kg 11/3/2013 Under - 95kg 3/4/2013 Under - 90~~~~~ Under 85~~~~~ under 80(bmi overweight)~~~~~ under75~~~~~ under 70~~~~~ under 65(bmi NoRmAl)~~~~~ Goal 63-60!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 22:44
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Always......I get increase in appetite but more than that cravings for sugar....horrible.

It's a matter of just working your way through it I reckon and using a bit of chromium during these times can help greatly!!

Old 08-04-2013, 00:12
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary

oh yeah! Pre Cohen's sometimes I literally ate all day and was still hungry...was better on Cohen's

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 08-04-2013, 01:34
On my way - To a new me.

Perfect thankyou! Just thinking that it's that and it will pass makes me feel powerful again.

Goal - Under 100kg 11/3/2013 Under - 95kg 3/4/2013 Under - 90~~~~~ Under 85~~~~~ under 80(bmi overweight)~~~~~ under75~~~~~ under 70~~~~~ under 65(bmi NoRmAl)~~~~~ Goal 63-60!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 13:48
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Yes I get increased hunger the week before.

Meanwhile, I am approaching my 2nd period on plan and ZOMG, the pain.

Last night I actually thought I had eaten something bad. My lower back and tummy was just throbbing and today my uterus is having a great time cramping and making me wince! I am planning on heating up my heatpack any second.
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 08-04-2013, 15:26
On my way - To a new me.

YES Lil doll that was like me last night!!! Hope it passes pronto xx

Old 08-04-2013, 16:20
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

It never ceases to amaze me how this program and eating correctly can affect your cycle!

I am on the pill. I should be like clockwork... And going by the actual pills I should start my period on a Monday and end on a Friday. In the past it wouldn't start till the Wednesday and I'd be lucky if i's done by the Saturday.

Well all the cramping my uterus has been doing has gotten my cycle starting today! Yay? haha. I'm slightly annoyed cos I wasn't what one would call ready and I thought the cramps were just warnings not HELLO it's time, ready or not!

Also... on plan my symptoms are much worse. Like prior to plan it was like nothing was really happening. On plan, I had a migraine on Saturday and have had a headache since then... Not to mention the cramps and the back pain. It just blows my mind that's it's all due to my eating habits!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 08-04-2013, 16:25
Part of the Furniture

Oh just chiming in to say with my TOM it came on Day 5 of OP...no warnings no cramps just turned up, normally off plan I would get little niggles and some spotting, but because I am back OP wow...I think I am having a total TOM clear-out...sorry if TMI, but this just started so full-on!

I am kind of yay about TOm tho...being OP makes me wonder about the correlation between hormones and food too...I didn't realise my body was so sensitive!

now i do!

Old 11-04-2013, 12:54
On my way - To a new me.

I got TOM naturally for the first time in over a year 4 weeks into my program! so stoked. I barely felt any pain either so I was in complete shock when I got it.. usually it's excruciating (PCOS related I suppose) even when I got it because it was forced by the pill
If it was on time I would have got it a week ago.. i've been getting slight niggles as if I was going to get it.. so fingers crossed! I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating on time though? any other PCOSers got any info??
Old 11-04-2013, 16:47
Part of the Furniture

PCOS Here, my TOM hasn't been as painful when I am on plan compared to not on plan. It is regular when I am on plan and totally non-existent off plan.

I have random wee hairs that pop up from PCOS, the growth of them comes to almost a complete halt when on plan also.

being OP has a miraculous effect on my body stuff!

xoxo

Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 13-01-2014, 08:23
On my way - To a new me.

I'm glad I found this thread! I have always been regular, 3-4 days and moderate pain. Last month, holy moley! I was in extreme pain, snarling at everyone like a rabid beast and I had a heavy flow for 3 weeks!!! 3 weeks! I won't even go into the hunger I experienced!

I am due again and I am scared! LOL
Old 12-07-2015, 13:56
Excited for the new ME!

My NYF Diary

Have you experience to be delayed for more than 2 weeks and counting during Cohens? I'm usually regular but as I reach my Cohen's goal weight, my period hasn't came yet. Totally weird because there's no chance of me to get pregnant though.
Old 12-07-2015, 15:42
Back with a vengeance 😉

My NYF Diary

Trishie darling, if you are getting really worried then you should go see your Doctor. Just to be on the safe side in case there is something else going on. I personally haven't had any issue like this, I have been a few days late though, but they always arrive. I hope all is ok with you.
Hugs Andie 😉
Old 18-03-2016, 20:46
I'm new, please be nice to me.

Women are very strong enough to handle every situation.

Tags
periods , thread , women