New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 20-01-2018, 11:01
I'm new, please be nice to me.

Default tapertamara's Diary

Hi all!

Hopefully I am in the right place (If I am not, feel free to help out!)

I started the Cohen's program in Sydney on the 8th of January 2018 - I am now 12 days in and feeling pretty good. With 50+ kilos to lose, it will be a long journey but I'm hoping it will be a fruitful one!

I started the journey after months and months and months of research and reading forums. I was always an athletic kid/teenager and after an injury in my late teens and then subsequent life I find myself double the weight I should be and full of angst.
I've done some pretty crazy exercise based things in the past which didn't seem to put too much of a dent in anything and after the PCOS, insulin resistance, endometriosis and infertility diagnoses I fell into a 'what is the point of trying?' slump.

But whilst I stare down the barrel of 33 and after the above mentioned research it's time to find a different way to get this under control.

SO HERE I AM!

Week one was pretty brutal to be honest but I managed to pick up a flu at the same time and in 42c weather so I am unsure if the crazy headaches and temperatures were part of the week one detoxing or the illness/weather... either way, I'm glad it's over!!

Despite being advised to weigh in monthly, I did a cheeky week one weigh in on Monday just gone and had already lost 3.2 kilos but I have since put the scales away to curb further temptation.

I have also found myself out for dinner twice in the last twelve days, on both occasions I brought my own dinner and drank water which I am SUPER proud of myself for... I figure if I can get through all of that in my first twelve days then I have a pretty good chance of beating this thing!

Now my challenge is consistency... would love your help with that!

Tam

Old 20-01-2018, 16:57
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: tapertamara's Diary

Hi Tamara,
Quote:
.... and after the PCOS, insulin resistance, endometriosis and infertility diagnoses I fell into a 'what is the point of trying?' slump.

Well, let me tell you, you have come to the right place I've been around here off and on for many years now, and have seen some AWESOME results from many ladies on here, and sorting out most of the problems you mentioned. I dunno about the endo bit, but the others all seem to react positively to the Cohems regime.

In all cases, it is all about consistency that wins. So find whatever works for you to stay consistent, and you'll be hitting home runs in no time at all. One particular thread is often-read, and one particular post within that is linked right here - it shows ConnieK's results after Cohens and after a test for PCOS symptoms.
http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthr...788#post169788

While in that topic, why not read the other posts and pages of it. This topic shares "What Physical changes have occurred for you, apart from weightloss, while doing Cohens". Some of the results are simply jaw-dropping, and this topic puts a smile on many dials. Enjoy,

Koh
Old 22-01-2018, 15:10
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: tapertamara's Diary

Hi Tamara, congrats on the 3.2kg loss!! 50kgs to lose can feel daunting but this EP gives you everything you need to smash it (I started with a total of 68 to lose sniff sniff and many others on the forum have had large numbers to drop and succeeded), and I really hope you see and feel improvement with the health issues you are experiencing. No expert here but yes, reading the post in the link from Koh and just personal experience with health issues I've had some minor some more major it's extremely difficult to imagine that with how clean the eating is on this EP that there wont be improvements.

Tags
diary , tapertamara