New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 12:50
Feeling more at home

Thumbs up On the way to a new me

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, though its been a month I have been on Cohen's.
My Journey starts like this..
I am always a thin child and teenager but things started to change once I crossed my 20's, when I have to leave home for my higher studies. I have been piling up lot of kilos on me since last 3-4 years. It took a while for me to realize that , and I can see the damage it has already done to my body .. but its never late to correct a mistake and luckily I have found Cohen's. It is the first ever diet I am doing.. and hopefully the last one too...

I have lost 8 kilos in first month with some deviations and have another 17 kilos to loose to reach my goal weight.. this one is a wonderful forum and you guys are awesome.. I am regretting now that if I had found this forum a month ago, I would have lost more than that.. But its never late for a change.. Hoping that I will make some good friends here and my weight loss journey will be a smooth one..

Last edited by Mylife; 10-07-2014 at 15:38.
Old 10-07-2014, 13:46
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary
Default Re: On the way to a new me

Well done MyLife, 8kg is amazing for your first month.

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 14-07-2014, 11:59
Feeling more at home

Thank you very much for the motivation Ciors... I have gone through your other posts, you are so inspirational..
Old 14-07-2014, 14:36
Feeling more at home

Last week was a not a good one.. had been sick, got deviated for 2 days.. and its clearly seen on the scales .. but the good thing is nothing has been gained, I was exactly at the same mark as of the last week (78.7 kgs).. week 6 starting today and I am determined there will not be a single deviation this week .
Old 15-07-2014, 16:32
On my way - To a new me.

Hope the first day of your sixth week went well!

Cohens June - December 2014 - shed 39.3kg
18 June 2015 - beginning a new journey.

Old 16-07-2014, 11:02
Feeling more at home

HI LLL,

Yeah this week started well. I felt a bit hungry on monday which is normal after a break and yesterday was a good one. I usually prefer weighing everyday and yay today I was exactly standing at 78 kg, which is 0.7kg loss in 2 days .. How are you doing so far.. All the best to you too..

Old 16-07-2014, 16:24
On my way - To a new me.

Great loss in just a few days!

I'm doing really well, I've just complete my first 4 weeks deviation free, and plan to keep on trucking. I had my weigh I'm this morning...but unlike you I DIDN'T want to know my results. No doubt they are awesome, as I am also breast feeding my 11mo, but I have a long road ahead, and I'd prefer to focus on how I feel and just getting through each day. So I had my consultant write the results down, and I will look at them one day when I am ready to. I know how bizarre that sounds.

Good luck with your sixth week!

Cohens June - December 2014 - shed 39.3kg
18 June 2015 - beginning a new journey.

Old 12-12-2017, 15:19
Feeling more at home

Ok here I come again. Last time I couldn't finish my refeed due to some reasons and I am back to square one. Now I am weighing 90.7 kg today and my goal weight is 62-64 kg. I want all the motivation from amazing fellow cohens people. This time there is no turning back on the way to a new me

Old 12-12-2017, 17:38
On my way - To a new me.

Welcome back, there are a few of us doing the program again and hanging around the forum so hopefully we can all motivate each other ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-12-2017, 20:46
On my way - To a new me.

Hi my life
As Tess said there are a few of us back here, so you're in good company.
I restarted a diary to keep myself accountable & for the company.
Take care
Jen

Old 13-12-2017, 19:53
Feeling more at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingme View Post
Hi my life

As Tess said there are a few of us back here, so you're in good company.

I restarted a diary to keep myself accountable & for the company.

Take care

Jen

Thanks Jen for the positive reply. Yes let us hold together and get through this journey. Take care you too.

Old 13-12-2017, 19:55
Feeling more at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tess840 View Post
Welcome back, there are a few of us doing the program again and hanging around the forum so hopefully we can all motivate each other ☺️

Thanks Tess, all the very best on your journey too. I am looking very positive and focussed and keeping up to the program without deviations. Letís get this weight off from our lives once for all.

Old 15-12-2017, 20:06
Feeling more at home

Good progress in the last few days. I can already see scales going down and I am 1.8kgs down. Been sticking to the program 100% and I am proud of myself

Old 19-12-2017, 14:14
Feeling more at home

Thumbs down Re: On the way to a new me

DEVIATION!!!

It was really hard for me last weekend to stay focused and stick to the diet plan. I tried really hard on Saturday to keep away from food while my husband was eating and was successful. But on Sunday we had guests at home and I got deviated from plan. I am angry on myself.

Weekdays are working perfectly for me without any deviation. With Christmas holidays coming soon, I am getting really worried. Need some motivation.

Old 20-12-2017, 08:58
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Mylife,
How I survived 6 months on plan is firstly remove the word 'deviation' from my vocabulary, deviation was not an option, its quite simple I was either allowed that food or not allowed that food, if I was allowed it all good, if I wasn't allowed it it wasn't an option. Now there was many times that I technically deviated by eating unweighed amounts but I did not consider that to be a deviation (as you can probably tell I don't like that word) it was making the best of the situation. With all the christmas food etc coming up you are better to eat an unweighed quantity of allowed foods (think steak on bbq, roast beef etc) than to be eating foods off plan so survive those festivities, if you are going along to functions take foods you are allowed as your dish (mango sorbet, steak, chicken kebabs with allowed veggies etc) and if you are hosting then include those sorts of things on your menu so they temptation isn't there.

I worked out along the way that I wanted to get the weight loss part of cohens done as fast as I humanly could and I knew that putting a single thing in my mouth that was not on plan was just going to slow me down and make it take longer. If you have slim friends or family have a look at how they eat, there are very few people that are slim that can chow down a full meal with all the trimmings and 3 servings of dessert (and we hate them that can) the majority of slim people stay slim by eating mindfully and you rarely see them shoveling the cheese platter and emptying the sweet bowls into their mouths.

I have 2 little self talk things I tell myself constantly now I am in maintenance- 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' and 'I dont reward myself with food I'm not a dog' I know how I need to eat to keep this off and gorging myself on Christmas food isn't going to work for me.

You can do it!!
Anna xxx

Finished refeed @ 25 weeks - lost 37 kg - 100 grams below goal.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:17
Feeling more at home

Hi Anna, Thank you very much for the motivational words.

Yes, 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'.

Now I am back on track with Christmas and holidays over. This time I have told all my friends and family that I am on Cohen's, so I have got all the support from them. Also I have my PhD graduation coming up in May and my parents are coming from overseas to attend the graduation. I want myself to be the best I can look on that day. So I have four full months to achieve my goal weight. This will keep me going.

If I don't reach my goal weight before the graduation, not a problem. I will still be in the best shape and size than what I am today and I will continue to reach my goal weight.
Count down begins.

4 months or 17 weeks till my graduation.

Last edited by Mylife; 08-01-2018 at 10:22.
Old 08-01-2018, 16:24
The return of ConnieK ;)

Hi MyLife,

I'm sure you have probably seen it but this thread is also good to understand how eating things you shouldnt affects your progress. http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7521

ConnieK

Finished July 2008 - Maintained to December 2015
Time to fix myself again in 2018
"If you think you can, or you think you can't you're right! " - Henry Ford