New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 14:46
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Annagirl- my journey to slim

Ticker updated

Finished refeed @ 25 weeks - lost 37 kg - 100 grams below goal.
Old 11-07-2017, 00:54
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Awesome Annagirl,

You are steaming along there. I am picking you are a younger person, simply because you appear to be shedding the Kgs almost with ease and in larger amounts than most. Awesome....

Quote:
I am not sure about my clothes, some are looking really baggy but I certainly don't feel like the usual 5-7 kgs is a clothes size for me
Well, you would be right about not feeling that 5 - 7 is one size as that only applies once fitting into size 18's and below. Above size 18, I have no idea just how many Kgs are expected between each of those larger sizes (20 and on up from there). Certainly it would take more Kg's off than just 6.3Kg to come down one size. Could it be double that? I don't know.

The 6.3 Kg that is the usual amount of weight between each size comes from the old "stone" or 14lb for those of us old enough to remember them. Each stone added typically took you girls up a size (well, two numbers per size - so from 10 to 12, then 14, then 16 as you added each stone. And 6.3 Kg is equal to 14 pound (one stone).

Anna, I suspect you might well be into the "Normal Sizes" now, so watch out for each 6Kg or so from here on. Woohoo !!! In the final stages, you will be blown away by how much "final sculpting" takes place over the last few Kgs.

Regards,
Koh
Old 11-07-2017, 06:58
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Koh, I like being called younger but I don't think I can claim that prize, I am 42 lol
I started a size 18 and at the moment I'm in mostly 16s but I can just fit in 14s so for almost 20kg I feel like that's not a big size change but patience is a virtue, here's hoping for some body sculpting going on in the coming weeks. My partner cracked me up last night, he was like I'm so proud of you, you have committed to this 100% and now your fat is less dense and you feel boney, I thought that was amusing.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:29
Part of the Furniture

I'm, 42 too! 43 next month

AZ

Start Day (05/06/18 ) - 72.0kg
Week 1 (12/06/18 ) - 68.3kg
Week 2 (19/06/18 ) - 67.1kg
Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -
Old 11-07-2017, 11:56
On my way - To a new me.

74 was a good year! Mine isn't until December

Old 12-07-2017, 12:19
Part of the Furniture

Bloody good year

AZ

Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -
Old 13-07-2017, 15:38
On my way - To a new me.

Today I am going to put down my rambling thoughts.
I have been working my way through the Beck Diet book and to be honest I don't really know why but its actually making me feel worse not better; I am not a binge eater, I am not a sneaky eater, I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff or chips or anything, I don't feel the urge to eat because something bad or sad happened, I've always sat down to eat my food, prior to Cohens I ate healthy, I exercised a lot and I am not ok with telling myself 'I am human, we all make mistakes' if I fall off the plan. I don't think I am a hormonal or emotional eater (from working my way through the book) I think I am just an over eater (too much of a good thing) with dud hormones which is probably why Cohens suits me so much. The rules are absolute, you can either have it or you can't, there is no room for movement or over eating something that tastes good and there is no room for me to let the unfed inner child pop out and over eat so I am not 100% sure if I am going to keep reading and doing the activities, maybe I will skim and take what I need from it and not worry about the rest.

I am trying to not let it bother me (damn you and regular weighing but it keeps me honest) that my losses have slowed down, I know it was to be expected but I am sure like everyone I hoped I was special and I would have this done and dusted in 12 weeks flat or something ridiculous so time for an acceptance and move on, one thing I will take from the Beck book is the 'oh well' phrase, the suggestion is when you want something you can't have you just say 'oh well' and move on and waste no more energy on the thought.

Anna xx

Old 14-07-2017, 11:05
Part of the Furniture

I've only lost 200g this week so far (in 4 days). I actually had lost 400g but gained 200g overnight.

Your losses are still amazing!!!

AZ

Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -
Old 17-07-2017, 08:41
On my way - To a new me.

Week 7:
This week I have got rid of (it's not lost, that would insinuate I want to find it again) 1.1kgs and another 7 cms. That brings my total to 18.9 kgs and 80cms in 7 weeks!! Pretty excited about that.

I know the issue for me this week has been the water because it has been so bloody cold here and stress as my dog had a massive surgery last week and she wasn't recovering well so we have had like 6 trips to the vet.

I feel like I have turned a corner clothes wise, I was kinda sitting on the fence in sizes still fitting my bigger clothes but this week all my clothes suddenly seem too big, my skinny jeans are baggy and my knickers won't stay up.

My partner was away fishing for 3 days and when he got home the first thing he said was 'sh*t look at how thin your face is getting'. I bought a 20kg bag of dog biscuits yesterday and I simply cannot believe I was carrying that around 7 weeks ago, no wonder I feel so much better especially when running around a netball court!

Anna xx

Old 17-07-2017, 09:48
Part of the Furniture

Well done Anna! You must have "re-sized" last week! Feels good, doesn't it?

AZ

Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -
Old 17-07-2017, 10:15
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you AZ, I see you have made another downward move too!

I cleaned out my wardrobe last night of everything size 18 and above, they no longer fit me and I plan that they are never going to fit me again! Even the size 16's are loose, I can now comfortably wear the size 14 jeans I bought the other week so I can't imagine what size I will be when I toss the other 20kgs!

Old 17-07-2017, 15:07
Part of the Furniture

Only 500g for me this week

You are doing great. Size 14!!! Another 20kg and you'll be a size 6!!!

AZ

Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -
Old 18-07-2017, 14:53
On my way - To a new me.

EEEK!! Size 6!! I am tall at 5 ft 10, I can't even picture being a size 10 let alone smaller, I doubt I would get to a size 6, I don't think I have been a size 6 since I was about 4 years old

I can't believe how fast this time has gone so far, next Monday I am at week 8. I am hoping to meet 2 targets by next Monday, 20 kgs down (only have 600gms to go) (I am still like WTF 20 kgs in 8 weeks, thats insane) and half way ( 1.05kgs) and I think it will be the following week that I will hopefully hit being a 80's girl. I was hoping to be done by 1st of September in time for rowing but I don't think I will be, if I work out my average for the last 4 weeks its going to be October before I am done. In the grand scheme of things I am ok with this, its only 5-6 months of my life, took me way longer to put it on, but we will see, the bod will do what the bod will do all I can control is what I put in my mouth and give it the best chance of kicking all the fat to the curb.
Anna xx

Old 20-07-2017, 15:37
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

I just found your diary Anna and had a good read! All I can say is WOW!! You've had an amazing journey so far and just ... WOW! Your weight loss has been phenomenal and it's been so exciting to read your diary! I can't wait for the next half!!

Looking forward to following you has you fly towards goal!

WTG!!

Louise

Louise

"Just follow the plan, maintain your new habits and you will be rewarded!"
Old 20-07-2017, 18:56

My NYF Diary

Rock on Annagirl - you are acing this !!

Koh
Old 20-07-2017, 21:55
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you Koh and Louise for visiting my diary. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, I can't believe how many comments I am getting from people now, those around me are really noticing the difference now and asking how I am loosing so much in such a short amount of time, when I tell them I'm on a specially prescribed eating plan they want to know more, a friend has now joined up too and has just finished her first week with great results. Gotta love sharing the secret!

Old 20-07-2017, 23:26
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Annagirl,

I chuckle when people start to notice, it's the Cohen effect, wait till you see people you haven't seen for quite some time, that will be the most rewarding experience when you see the look on their faces.

Keep going, you are almost there!
Toodles
Vexy

Goal 1 - 82
Goal 2 - 78kg

Goal 3 - 74kg
Goal 4 - 68kg

Our personality don't change when we lose weight! Its cause you treat us differently now; that changes our attitude towards you!
Old 21-07-2017, 08:52
On my way - To a new me.

I am getting that already Vexy, last night I went to pick my partner up from the pub (his usual weekly thirsty Thursday) and I had been at netball training so was in sports clothes and someone I haven't seen for a few weeks came up to me and goes 'omg what have you done with all that weight, its falling off you' and this was a guy!!!! I didn't think guys noticed these things until it was blatantly obvious.

I can't wait to nail this next 20 kgs and have a body that actually matches my activity level although now I am back to netball I cannot believe the difference running around a netball court with 20 kgs less makes, I had a hard training last night and today I am not even sore, normally I would be hobbling around like an old lady.

I have a bit of a challenge today, my partners nephews wedding, I am sober driver so there will be no temptation for drinking, I made the wedding cake and its chocolate so there is no temptation there because I can't eat chocolate, the temptation is going to be the food, I have decided I am going to eat what is there rather than taking my own but I will make smart choices and drink lots of water and hope for the best. While this is a deviation I am not going to look at it as one, I am going to view it as life happens. I really dislike the word 'deviation' in my mind it is so negative, the word has under tones of 'you failed'. I am going to adopt the oh well life happens theory from the Beck Diet Solution for one meal and tomorrow morning get up and start again.
Anna xx

Old 21-07-2017, 14:42

My NYF Diary

Hi Annagirl,
Make sure you eat some protein before you eat the meal (to keep your blood sugar levels even, eat a tub of yoghurt, or some cheese first), and drink heaps of water. That should minimise any bad effects at least.

How are you coping with the netball? I read that "It's OK to continue with it if you were doing it before Cohens" - SassyK was another who was active before Cohens and she kept it up throughout too.

And yeah, I can only imagine how great it must feel to not be carrying 20Kg extra around with you. Awesome !!

Rock on, Anna
Koh

Last edited by Kohinoor; 21-07-2017 at 14:47.
Old 21-07-2017, 21:58
Part of the Furniture

You have such a lovely and balanced approach Anna. You will be so fine. Have a lovely time and enjoy the wedding!

AZ

Week 3 (26/06/18 ) -

Tags
annagirl , journey , slim