New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 14-05-2018, 22:33
I'm new, please be nice to me.

Default Super Dietgin

Hello everyone! This forum is not as buzzing as it was 10 years ago when I first did Cohenís, nevertheless it is still a great support platform for the trickle of us 2018 dieters.

My name is Gin, I first did the program to lose weight after baby 1, then got pregnant and had to stop the program before I reached my goal! Fast forward 10 years and I have 30kg to shed

Itís always been in the back of my mind to try Cohenís again, but it takes courage to commit to the price and restrictiveness! But here I am. Bit the bullet and signed up. This is week 2 and so far I have deviated once in Motherís Day... but I will not beat myself up! Just dust off the crumbs and start again!
Old 15-05-2018, 07:53
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Super Dietgin

Welcome Gin,

Yes things are a lot quieter in here now for sure.

Did I "know" you on here by some other name 10 years ago? If so, it is likely you can still access your old diary - I might be able to find it for you. But that is totally up to you.

Stay strong especially in these early days, and (as you probably know) things just seem to get easier for most of the journey. Rock on Gin,

Koh
Old 17-05-2018, 07:43

My NYF Diary

Hi Gin,
How's it going? Are you thru the dreaded "detox" yet? Perhaps you are one of those who didn't actually have the dreaded bit, and it all went smoothly.

Do let us know hey?

Koh
Old 21-05-2018, 21:32
I'm new, please be nice to me.

Hi Koh! Thanks for checking in on me. Iím not sure what the detox phase is, but does it include not losing any weight?? Been feeling a little discouraged as I have been following my diet 100% and resisting all urges to deviate, but this week (week2) I have not lost any weight! Week 1 was a 3kg loss, so I think I was expecting similar. Still determined to stick to it. The weight has got to start budging Soon right??
Old 21-05-2018, 22:19

My NYF Diary

Hi DG,
Detox usually takes a few days - can be headaches, and general feelings of unwellness. After that, things usually start to come right and by 3 weeks one is often "in the zone" - and that is a phrase coined by some on here as the hormones get invoked and you get the seratonin buzz. Apparently this is something like "Everything just feels great". Maybe has a "ten feet tall and bulletproof" aspect too? I don't know - but the words I've read indicate it is a nice place to be in.

Re the weightloss - each person's journey is different. Most first week losses are the biggest you will have in the whole journey. Second weeks can be big, but can also be miniscule too. Many things can impact on how soon you will lose how much. Those with less to lose lose less quickly. Older folk lose less quickly than youngsters. Women lose less quickly than men (usually).

Best you can do is to run your diet by your consultant (to make sure you aren't shooting yourself in the foot by eating something you shouldn't be eating). These can be simple things like buying the wrong salad dressing, or buying grated cheese instead of block cheese, using a curry that is on the banned list, etc.

Do your best to get such things sorted quicksmart and carry on DG.

Koh

Tags
dietgin , super