New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 05:55
Part of the Furniture

Default Food!

As i sit here and almost gag on my yoghurt(i stupidly thought i needed a change) I wonder what a normal eating say is for the rest of you?

3rd week in and I find i am doing well but getting abit bored i guess with the same foods......especially when every night i am making diff yumm foods for my family. (apparently my food has been amazing since i started not eating, confidence in the kitchen maybe?)

A biggie for me is breakfast, while i love eggs i would love another option just in case ya know......

Any input would be appreciated

35.5 weeks on the program, 100% true and finished stage 1 !!!!

Starting date 22nd Feb 2012
Goal 1-8 Complete!
Goal 8 - Complete 28th oct 61.6kgs started reefed

Started 1st April 2013 - Clean Up.

DONT CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:47
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Food!

I am having yoghurt for breakfast every day. For lunch I am having chicken, meat or seafood with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, mushroom and green pepper, with balsamic vinegar. Have had feta instead of meat twice this week, that is very nice. Dinners have been plain and boring so far - meat and whatever mix of veggies I fancy, with salt and black pepper. Am finding breakfast and lunch fine, dinners are really tasteless. Will need to branch out and get some curry powder and chili flakes, I think.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:48
On my way - To a new me.

I can't picture myself ever having meat or seafood for breakfast, so can't help you there. Maybe you could do a yoghurt smoothie with fruit for breakfast? I think there is a recipe in the recipe book.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:17
On my way - To a new me.

Hi there,

Like you I gag on yoghurt, so I do eggs everyday. Some days I want a change, then smell the youghurt and eggs are good again.

Lunch tends to vary, but mainly salad and and chicken, turkey or cheese ( i go moz on my saladas) somenights, I will do 2 batches of tea so I have one for lunch, (with lunch quantities ofcourse), that adds variety too.

Dinner is getting more interesting, just need to be adventourus. I make curries, and stirfry and lettuce wraps. You can make your own version of tacos with your spices, and use a lettuce cups insted of taco, they are great. Also, crumb your chicken in salada and have a schnitzel, they are great too. Thia beef salad is also nice for a change. but nothing beats a good old grilled steak

I do lots of prawns and calamari for tea too, they are quick and easy and super yum.

To start off, i went throught the cook book, most of those rec are easy and yum.

good luck, and stick with it....

cheers

H

Old 09-03-2012, 12:22
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey nicoleS...

I found the yogurt varies soooo much between brands! Some are downright DISGUSTING (to me!). I like a creamy yogurt and found either Tamar Valley or the Yoplait NO fat to be the yummiest... the others were watery tubs of crapness (real word )

At the moment I have been having eggs for breakfast, as I am re-using my old program and was too hungry on just yogurt. For lunch I usually have cheese and steamed cauli (I am lazy at lunch) or if I MUST Tuna and salad... One the weekend for lunch I will have either Steak and salad or Chicken and salad. I also have prawns and salad, or fish and steamed squash.

I am a plain eater... And once I find something I enjoy I stick to it. My seasonings of choice are; fresh ground pink Himalayan salt and pepper, or just fresh ground pepper for my eggs, Mexican chilli powder or chilli flakes. Like I said 'plain' eater. I find a delicious cut of steak with just the pepper and salt is AMAZING.

As for vegies I go with what I know I like; mushies and spinach for breakfast... Steamed Cauli or squash... Salad ingredients are usually; green capsicum, cucumber, diced tomato, spring onions, lettuce, celery, spinach.

That is literally my eating habits in a nutshell!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 09-03-2012, 17:52
Part of the Furniture

Thanks girls for all your advice and ideas i tend to stick to the same thing also but find i dont look forward to dinner and am OVER tuna at lunch time.
Might head to the butcher tomorrow and get some mince and add abit more variety.

Thanks

Goal 1-8 Complete!

Old 09-03-2012, 17:58
Part of the Furniture

What curry powder do you use? I see there is alot going around with diff brands??? Might have to ring clinic Monday.

Goal 1-8 Complete!

Old 09-03-2012, 22:20
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Nicole, i also can't stomach the yoghurt it's gives me the most horrendous stomach cramps so i have egg and mushroom for breakfast, some days i do egg and tomato. Lunch is usually salad cause it's easier but that does tend to get boring so maybe try tomato and mozzarella on crackerbread and dinner I try to make it interesting, chicken or beef curry or beef and mushroom sauce or even soup. There are some really nice recipes in the Cohen book. Sometimes I just make up as i go along. Try and keep it interesting otherwise you might get bored.

Started 24/01/2012 - 130.5kg
Goal 1: Loose 10kg's - Done 09/02/12 - 14 days
Goal 2: Loose 20kg's - Done 15/03/12 - 38 days
Goal 3: Loose 30kg's - Done 21/04/12 - 37 days
Goal 4: Loose 40kg's - Done 03/06/12 - 43 days
Goal 5: Loose 50kg's - Done 20/07/12 - 47 days
Goal 6: Loose 60kg's - Done 24/09/12 - 66 days
Goal 7: Loose 2kg's - Done 09/10/12 - 16 days
Refeed Lost 3.1kg's - Done 27/10/12 - 19 days
Old 09-03-2012, 22:49
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi all,

I noted a couple of comments about "must get some curry powder".... and just wanted to warn......

There is a sticky called something like this (in fact, here's the link) :-
Check YOUR Curry Powder !! (aka CURRY- The bane of my existence)

Years have gone by, so do check with YOUR clinic before going that way.... maybe there are now some good brands available.

Koh
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50
Part of the Furniture

Thanks Koh I wil def check with my clinic on monday as the flabour last night was amazing, kinda felt naughty eating it haha.
I did lose 600gms since yesterday morning so im hoping all ok

Goal 1-8 Complete!

Tags
food