New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 15-08-2018, 13:16
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Starting again....

Thanks LM
Yes i am happy although I am fully aware that mostly it would have been fluid retention.
I hope to average out at about 1.5kg per week, that would be great for me I think. Next week's weigh in will show a clearer picture.

Start of week 2!

Day 8 Menu
Breakfast: YoPro youghurt
Snack: 2 crackers
Lunch: tuna & salad
Snack: apple
Dinner: mini meatloaf, zucchini, squash and cauliflower with mayo for sauce.
Dessert: apple slice

Swan

Last edited by SWANS05; 16-08-2018 at 11:30.
Old 16-08-2018, 11:38
Feeling more at home

Feeling great today...... I am sleeping sooo well, can't remember the last time I slept this well. Hubby comes home tonight, I am organised and he has been through all this with me before so he knows what to expect.

I am getting a new budgie tomorrow night. I had a budgie for many years and he died in February...... he was my best mate I miss him terribly and it has taken some time to decide if I really wanted another one..... I could never replace him but my house needs a bird and I need a companion when hubby is away.
This one has been hand raised especially for me from a breeder.... his name will be Fonzie!
I am excited to pick him up

Day 9 meal plan
Breakfast: YoPro yoghurt
Lunch: tuna and salad
Dinner: steak & salad

Have a great day everyone.

Swan
Old 16-08-2018, 23:09
Part of the Furniture

Aaaah budgies!!.. can they be house-trained?
I embarked on the Cohen journey in Jan 2010 and lost about 13.2kg in three months or so. I mostly kept the weight off since until recently due to immense stress and grieving. Here I am once again on August 2018, older, wiser and heavier...

--------------

Old 17-08-2018, 14:32
Feeling more at home

Hi LM
Yes they can be house trained. As it has turned out I am no longer getting my new budgie now. The breeder contacted me last night and said that the one I had chosen was actually a female..... i wanted a male
oh well back to the drawing board on that one!

Well Day 10 today (double figures)
Nothing really to report other than I have a really sore neck so that is annoying me

Looking forward to the weekend so i can do my food prep for the week again. I truly believe this is what is keeping me motivated and on track.

Day 10 menu plan
Breakfast: YoPro yoghurt
Lunch: Tuna and salad
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Mini meatloaf squash and zucchini with mayo sauce
Snack: Apple crumble

Have a good weekend everyone.

Swan
Old 17-08-2018, 18:20
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Is yo-pro yoghurt the one u make??? It took me ages to find a yoghurt that I could stomach especially a natural one because I always had childrenís yummy yoghurt so the switch to natural was a shock to the system lol

Use to it now though -

Just

First goal <140 - done 25/04
2nd goal <130 - done 28/05
3rd goal <120 - done 20/07
4th goal - 110
Old 18-08-2018, 15:46
Feeling more at home

Hi Just.... not sure where you are but we get it at Coles and Woolworths here. Its really thick and yum!

Day 11 meal plan
Breakfast: egg, asparagus, mushrooms, and spinach
Lunch: beef chow mein and 2 crackers
Dinner: eye fillet steak and salad
Dessert: apple crumble

Worked out today that egg meal is not enough for breakfast.... i have been starving all day!
Think i will stick to yoghurt.

Swan
Old 19-08-2018, 07:52
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Oh Iím a kiwi - we donít have as many choices here as u guys lol. So I stick with the least disgusting yoghurt lol

My taste buds are use to it now but when I started I needed to hold my nose and chug it or it wasnít going down lol much like tuna hated it with a passion but now itís the norm - oh and vegetables ewww and fruit didnít like that either basically my diet was cheezels, twisties and beer with cake for dinner or takeaways - donít miss it at all my wallet doesnít miss it either lol

Just

4th goal - 110
Old 19-08-2018, 21:24
Feeling more at home

Twisties and beer...

Back to yoghurt today and what a difference... not hungry at all! Yesterday i was absolutely ravenous all day! Did all my food prep for the week today so all set to go

Day 12 meal plan

Breakfast: yoghurt
Dinner: lemon, chilli chicken breast cooked in the air fryer with cauli, squash, zucchini & asparagus
Dessert: Apple

Have a great week everyone!!!

Swan
Old 21-08-2018, 15:09
Feeling more at home

Did not have time to post yesterday..... really busy at work, then went for a walk after work then had to go to a friends place to pick something up so got home late.... had dinner and relaxed and forgot to post.

I prepared all my dinners for the week on Sunday afternoon so I am all organised for the week again...... i have even done enough protein to last next week as well so will only have the veg portion to prepare next Sunday.
I love being so organised...... it makes all the difference.

Day 13 meal plan
Dinner: Beef chow mein
Dessert: Apple slice

Day 14 meal plan
Dinner: mini meatloaf and veg

I just realized it's weigh day tomorrow! That came around quick!!!

Have a good day everyone

Swan
Old 22-08-2018, 09:11
Feeling more at home

Well weigh in day today and a very disappointing 0.6kg

That being said, 4.5kg in 2 weeks is not so bad I guess

08.08.2018 75.6kg Starting weight
15.08.2018 71.7kg (-3.9kg)
22.08.2018 71.1kg (-0.6kg)

I am wondering if maybe I am doing too much exercise...?? My program was designed at a time in my life where I was lazy and did little to no exercise.

Now I go for a 8km walk most days so I wonder if that is the problem. I am not going to stop walking because I really enjoy it and it is my stress release time after work.

I will do another couple of weeks and see how it goes..... then i might just have to up the protein grams a little to compensate for the exercise (not going to pay for another program).

Day 15 meal plan
Dinner: eye fillet steak & veg

Goal for this week is to be in the 60's by next weigh in.......

Swan

Last edited by SWANS05; 22-08-2018 at 09:17.
Old 22-08-2018, 10:15
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Swan,
I think you might've just solved the issue:-
Quote:
I might just have to up the protein grams a little to compensate for the exercise
When one has a Program made "just for them" it is indeed made for "the person they were at that time". The fact that you have introduced exercise is LIKELY to upset the mix a wee bit.

Now, I haven't said it in years, but I used to say it regularly so all would know - "I am NOT a Cohens adviser, but I am widely read and have gleaned a lot of good info from Asy (originally) who was then a Cohens Consultant and a successful Cohenite who shed 88Kgs in one year. I also have learned a lot from all of you. So, when I speak, I am mostly repeating what others have taught me."

I also believe that the Plan is SO effective when followed to the letter because it is giving overweight (or obese) people the BEST chance they have of getting into better health as quickly as possible. To that end, the amounts are tailored for each individual according to their initial blood test (and that tells a WHOLE LOT).

BUT......

It feeds each individual just enough to keep their "core body happy" (i.e. the trim body and its functions that are all underneath the "fat suit" being worn). So the brain, heart, etc are getting enough sustenance to get by. But to move around, the body must draw on its stores of fat to convert them into energy to power muscles. That might not be technically correct, but it "makes sense" to the average person, so I use that analogy.

Now, since your Plan was developed for someone who DIDN'T walk 8Kms daily, the food it provided would likely be less. As one whose core body now exercises, that body needs more food than what was on your original Plan. I can't tell you "how much more", but I can say you are on the right track when you are thinking of increasing your food to compensate for the exercise.

I would think a slight increase in carbs also would be good to convert them into energy for the exercise. Or, maybe protein AND carbs? I dunno for sure. Since your Program is old, perhaps you can't ask a consultant, but others who have done what you are doing might drop by with some answers for you. Here's hoping.....

I can direct you to an old topic that talks about the "food vs exercise" subject - several different people responded to it, so it should give you some good ideas to try.

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6408

Note that the thread above relates to Maintenance - but the truths therein apply to the Plan as well - e.g. if you SKIP a meal, you do yourself a big dis-service !! See ConnieK's post in that link about how she felt dizzy one day.......

Hope it helps,
Koh
Old 22-08-2018, 11:54
Feeling more at home

Thanks so much for your input Koh...... you always have great words of wisdom. I will persevere for the next 2 weeks and find out what my first 4 week total is like and if it has not improved I will consider the alternative. I look forward to reading through the link you sent me.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to my diary, it gives me motivation to know someone is reading and that i am accountable to the forum and not just myself!

Swan
Old 22-08-2018, 13:22
Part of the Furniture

Thanks as well Koh!! I too greatly benefit from your advice and support -- even reading advice for others, it helps me with an ahah moment. Like Swan, reusing an old programme that may not be suited for me. I stopped weighing myself and started noticing physical aspects instead. It might be my imagination but even though I am heavier -- I am actually smaller than what my previous weight was. Perhaps a result of those years after Cohen's when I was running 5km regularly. Swan, like you, I am losing weight much slower than expected but I do feel fitter than before!
I embarked on the Cohen journey in Jan 2010 and lost about 13.2kg in three months or so. I mostly kept the weight off since until recently due to immense stress and grieving. Here I am once again on August 2018, older, wiser and heavier...

--------------

Old 23-08-2018, 19:57
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Hey

Um I donít do exercise at all - in fact I hate walking from my car into the office hahaha.

I have lots to lose though and still heavy so the slightest exercise affects my joints, bones and general well-being and Iím not kidding. My muscles hurt for days my joints hurt for weeks after and I almost pass out directly after - I think if I was to add exercise in it would have to be extremely slowly - Iím not lazy by any means itís just something my body canít handle at the moment

Just

4th goal - 110
Old 24-08-2018, 10:40
Feeling more at home

Hey Just...... I was much like you! Zero interest in exercise, ate all the wrong things, drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney!!!

I must say I have given myself a complete overhaul in the last few years. I no longer smoke (stopped 18 months ago), I only have an occasional drink and I love going for my walks. My only downside really is I love food...TOO MUCH!!
Chocolate and ice cream are my best friends.. not to mention chicken twisties.

I actually eat really well through the week when I am at work because there are no outside influences..... what I take with me I have to eat, I do not get a lunch break so I can go home earlier. There are no shops or anything near where I work so I have to have what I take.

At home it's a different story......
My partner has 2 teenage children that stay with us 50/50. They have the most appalling eating habits of anybody I know (nothing to do with me, I stay out of it for my own sanity!). There is always soooooo much junk food in our house so temptation is everywhere. I have tried to stay on track for the last 8 years but sometimes I go off the rails. I eat absolutely nowhere near as bad as those kids do (I get cross at their dad for letting them eat the way they do and encouraging it by buying all the wrong things, but it falls on deaf ears.....after 13 years I have given up!). But I find I have to be that much stronger for the time that I am at home.

Anyway... rant over!

Day 16 meal plan
Breakfast: Yoghurt
Dinner: chicken and veg

Day 17 meal plan
Breakfast: Yoghurt
Dinner: beef chow mein

Have a good weekend everybody

Swan
Old 28-08-2018, 18:13
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Ahaha - SAME!! As in I use to eat anything, everything and even swapped out milk for actual cream lol nothing like cocoa pops and a bowl of cream to get ya body primed for a heart attack!!

I am awesome at work - at home in particularly in he weekend I miss bad food ALOT - I like to watch Masterchef and salivate at that food the. I like to torture my senses and read dessert recipes on Pinterest lol

Luckily though Iím tired at 9.30pm and read a lot of Ďstuffí on the net then as soon as I realise itís 9.30 Iíve completed another day DF and itís time to go to bed with my lovely HCG lol and start again the next day.

Sounds like ur doing well anyways

Just

4th goal - 110

Tags
starting