New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 22-03-2010, 13:57
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Re: Mumandnana's diary

Week four completed,weighed 68 kg, a loss this week of 2.3, that is a total loss of 7.8 kg or just over 17 pounds for the four weeks, total of 19 1/4 inches lost or 48.26 cm, blood tested, and really delighted with the program. Looking forward to the results from the blood test.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 22-03-2010, 15:13
On my way - To a new me.

Wow 7.8 in four weeks. I wish! what is your secret? I wish I could get that much weight off that quickly. Well done. Looking forward to following your progress.
Bern

Start date 04.01.2010. Next goals 62.2kg - achieved 01.05.2010. Next goal 57.2kg's.
Old 22-03-2010, 17:05

Hi Bern, Thank you for your kind words. I am doing this with 3 others and they are such a blessing. Do you have someone close by you can do the program with ? It really does help. If there is no one the forum family are really great both with advice and support. You and I are very close in weight but I have to go down further than you. You have lost sooo much already ! Very well done. I will go and look for your diary when I have finished here. The only thing I really struggle with is the amount of water, I was an incredibly poor drinker so this is my challenge and I want to see what the blood test results say.My friends and I are all softies but we agreed we would be tough with each other about this. I am soon to turn 57 and it is harder to lose weight as you age.I am a farmers wife and although we now lease the land I have big gardens- veggie,flower,two tunnel houses and two orchards and 10 grandchildren,3 cats,two house cows,and a big number of poultry of various ages so there is plenty of physical exercise. All the very best.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 22-03-2010, 18:26
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi mum,

Well done to you !! That is a very good loss for 4 weeks I do hope you will cast your vote in this poll. It's all about keeping the poll "up-to-date".

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5244
And, wow, you must have a very busy life, with all of them critters to look after Keeps you young, I guess, so not all bad eh?

Koh
Old 22-03-2010, 19:05
On my way - To a new me.

Mumandnana's, Wow you certianly sound busy I got tried just reading about all the things that you have to keep up with no wander your weight is coming off so fast. All I do is sit behind a desk most of the day, and I get a bit of exercise when I walk to the printer and the loo.

I look foward to following your progress.
Bern

Start date 04.01.2010. Next goals 62.2kg - achieved 01.05.2010. Next goal 57.2kg's.
Old 24-03-2010, 17:09

Red face Re: Mumandnana's diary

Thanks Koh and Bern for your kind comments , I already wrote this but it is not here I think I must push "preview post" and then forget to "submit reply" !! Silly me. I voted in the poll thing Koh. Bern, the folks here say exercise is not much good just yet so don't be anxious that your job requires you to sit, besides, the number of bathroom visits day and night must clock up quite a distance All the best and I will be cheering you on.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 26-03-2010, 14:04

Not long now until Monday weigh in. I am constantly amazed at how quick my shape changes, looking forward to measuring as well as weigh in. Some days I still have indigestion, any ideas about that anyone ? Thanks.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 26-03-2010, 14:38
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey Mum!

Oooh good luck for Monday!! How exciting!

And re: digestion. I try and drink some green tea after each meal (having one now in fact)

I have been told it aids digestion!

xoxo
Missy
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60s ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 26-03-2010, 16:01
Part of the Furniture

You're doing really well, and how great to have RL friends to share it with.

Start date: 1/1/2010 at 101.7kg

Started re-feed 31/7/2010 at 64.1kg

Started maintenance 21/8/2010 at 62.3kg

Maintenance mantra: Life is about choices, I'm choosing to be slim.
Old 26-03-2010, 16:41

Smile Re: Mumandnana's diary

Hi Lil_doll, thank you and thanks for the help with the indigestion, I think I have some green tea so I will happily try that. I am having my favorite food tonight salada cracker with most of my portion of mozzarella cheese,and half a tomato grilled then I stick my portion of raw onion to the melted cheese ! I think I will eat this every so often even when I am finished

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 26-03-2010, 16:45

Hi FYM, thank you. Yes it is just the best to have great friends to be accountable to. You and I have pretty much the same amount left to lose but I haven't done the amazing journey that you have ! Your loss is awesome

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 27-03-2010, 10:37

This morning I got a wake up call to keep paying attention. I was happily eating my curried egg with 2 vita wheat crackers when suddenly I thought "where are my vegetables" ? duh !!!!!!! So I went and got the right amount of cabbage and zucchini and ate them raw, the cabbage was fine but the zucchini ! Well, that will teach me not to forget them It just showed me what can accidentally happen so easily.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 27-03-2010, 11:53
I am here for good

Quote:
So I went and got the right amount of cabbage and zucchini and ate them raw, the cabbage was fine but the zucchini !
It would have been fine to quickly cook the zucchini - so long as you ate it within 15 - 30 mins of the rest of it. But good on you for beign strict on yourself!

How is the indigestion now? I only ever had it pregnant and found that getting up and moving around a bit after a meal helped. And TUMs were great - I am not sure if they are allowed but they are basically calcium and magnesium. Check with your clinic first before taking them, just in case.

Your weight loss is great but the size loss is amazing - you are half a metre smaller!! Have you held the tape measure out to where your starting measurements were so you can physically see how different it is??

Start 91kg on 5 December 2009 Started Maintenance 64.3kg on 15 July 2010
Goal to be under 3kg of maintenance start weight on the 15th of every month
Maintenance mantra: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!
I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 6
Old 27-03-2010, 15:37

Thank you for your help jlou, I went and did the tape measure thing and I could not believe my eyes ! That HAS to be the greatest motivator EVER ! Hard on the heels of shock and disbelief was the thought yuck I was really huge. I don't know why the inches came off so quickly ( I am not complaining ) It just seemed that the weight loss didn't match but I went from a 16 to a 12 ( bit tight ) just like that and now those " bit tight " trousers and track pants are very baggy in the legs and bottom, still fine in the waist though. I noticed the very 1st week that the texture of the adipose tissue ( fat ) on my upper legs had become very different, kind of squishy and the hollow at the base of my throat had appeared and the two little bones on either side of that were showing. By the 4th week my shoulders were becoming defined and my shoulder blades were showing. Sorry to waffle but I am constantly staggered at the rapid changes happening. How can it do all these things so quickly ?
I forgot to take the green tea last night but I am drinking a cup now so I will see what happens. Could the indigestion be toxins releasing?
I am looking forward to you getting back from your trip to see how you did weight wise ( not trying to rush your return or anything but just when it does end
Your wallet will be a great deal lighter ! What fun you are having ! Maybe we can see some pictures when you are home and rested? Happy rest of your trip.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 29-03-2010, 12:04
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey Mum,

Sounds like things are going well and you're enjoying the losses! Things do change quickly on Cohens!! Quite amazing!

xMissy
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60s ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 29-03-2010, 12:58

Week 5 complete and another kilo gone and 2 3/4 inches gone so that is great. All set for another week. Looking forward to a challenge I joined ( I get a valid reason to weigh again , I use all sorts of invalid reasons so I might as well have a valid one Food is still yummy and despite looking sideways at hubby's chocolate mint treats, GRIFFINS no less !! I have not been tempted to cheat. Man is he slow cleaning the packet up! No really, I hope he is enjoying them.
Missy the green tea did not work and jlou I have not asked my clinic about tums yet. I wouldn't mind knowing the reason for the indigestion but really it is no biggie.
The hermesetas came to nothing as I googled it and it has saccharin in it but thank you to everyone who helped me over that matter.
I tried the Mango Chicken recipe last week and top marks to whoever "invented" the recipe ( I must go and see and vote on it, it was great )
I must dream up some goals and rewards and record my weight losses in an easy to read format. The best reward is simply getting to goal weight,refeed, and maintenance. Must confess maintenance really scares me as I know my response when getting to goal weight on another program ( at least twice, I have an idea it was three times ) and the breaking free before I got to goal on the numerous other programs I have done and it wasn't pretty! Anyway why waste time worrying about that now, I have a neat journey to complete first.
I just went and got a Salada and he's got 4 left ! No, I did NOT pull back the wrapper ! he left it off
Another exciting bit of news, I can get my thumb and middle finger around both wrists ( one at a time ! ) and on one wrist my finger and thumb over lap. I saw a joke once about a man who was losing weight and he lost it all on one side of his body and the sign on the clinic said " half price deal" !

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 29-03-2010, 18:58
I am here for good

Hi Mumandnana,

Your diary is approved and is now in the Personal Diaries Section.

Connie

"If you think you can, or you think you can't you're right! " - Henry Ford

Old 29-03-2010, 22:57

Hi Mumandnana - you are doing so well - how exciting

Thanks for my pm also. I really appreciated it. Close to a third of the way already. - awesome!

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: x 2
"Tonight, when you lay your head on your pillow, forget how far you still have to go. Look instead at how far you've already come."
Bob Moawad
Old 30-03-2010, 04:16

Hi Missy, yes, the changes that happen so quickly are amazing.
Hi mum chum, thank you for your encouragement. You also are doing great.
Hi Connie, thanks for approving and moving my diary.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 30-03-2010, 10:00
settled in for the ride

wow you are going great its so exciting to see the ticker moving. It sure helps with the motivation. Lol I had some size 26 trousers that were difficult to get over my hips let alone done up and now i can leave them done up and they fall down my hips. I soooo happy so i can bet how happy you are

Tags
diary , finished , morning , mumandnana , tomorrow , week , weigh