New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 21-09-2015, 05:33
On my way - To a new me.

Talking I'm back, too but can't access program!!!!!

Hi everyone! I did the program back in 2008 and one year later did a second attempt to get refeed correct. I lost almost 50 pounds the first time but I deviated on refeed and did not complete it. I started gaining and ordered program a 2nd time and still messed up on refeed.

So back to square one and I am now all the way back to old weight and then some. I recently had treatment for cancer and I am totally cancer free now but I need to lose this fat to help it not come back.

I thought of this program again and sadly I can't find both of my programs!!! I only found my refeed guide...... I am still looking and trying to find them.

I am in the USA and I see their forum is no longer in existence.. it was 1pdforum.com. I was sooooo happy to see this one from AU is still here!!! I read my old diary and it is very motivating!

I'm going to keep looking for my programs but if I can't find them, I may consider paying for another one. I just don't want to have to spend the cash if I don't have to!!

Nice to see this site again!!
Old 22-09-2015, 08:02
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: I'm back, too but can't access program!!!!!

Welcome back Ms Jiggles (love the name) and also a massive AWESOME for being cancer free!!!
Perhaps if you call your clinic they should have it on file and perhaps resend it to you. I was told that the program works as long as you haven't gained more then 10kgs (sorry unsure what that is in pounds)
This is my second time giving this a decent go (a few stop and starts in between) and as I never made it to refeed I called them and they sent me out a general guide - so they defiantly hold details.
Good luck and all the best
Westie x

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Started (for the 100th time) 15/09/2015 at 87.6kgs
Goal 1 - 5kgs DONE 29/09/2015 (actually 5.3)
Goal 2 - 70's DONE 17/10/15 79.9 WHOOP WHOOP
Goal 3 - 75kg
Goal 4 - 60's
Old 26-09-2015, 07:46
On my way - To a new me.

Hi! I found my programs! Now to decide if I am really ready to do this again!
Old 26-09-2015, 09:04
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

If you went looking for your books, then that is the sign that you want to do this

WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 27-09-2015, 12:00
On my way - To a new me.

True but I'm a little worried. The popularity of this diet (and most related forums)seems to have decreased significantly! Why? Too many failures? Is a re-feed really not very realistic? Is this diet too drastic? What's going on?
Old 27-09-2015, 17:02
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Not sure why it is so quiet, maybe new cohenites are unaware of it. I am guilty of reading but not posting, never quite seem to find time to post

For me Cohens worked. I began in Nov 2011 and finished refeed in April 2012 and lost close to 30kg and have been in maintenance since then. Yes, my weight goes up a little (probably 5kg at the most but usually hovers 2kg above my ideal weight) but due to fitness goals I struggle to go back onto plan as I don't want to stop exercising. That has been my biggest challenge so far - finding the right balance between food and exercise.

To be successful at Cohens, you can't deviate - not even a little. It takes will power but if you follow the rules, then you will succeed. It is totally worth the work and effort however it is a lifestyle change - but an excellent one.

WB

WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 01-10-2015, 16:56
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks for your kind reply! I'm happy you did well on this program. I'm still deciding what to do. Still contemplating all my options.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:40
On my way - To a new me.

Just want to Update this thread for future readers. I found my old programs and started using the one that was closest to my current weight and it is working. Have lost 7.6 pounds (3.44 Kilos) in one week!

I read somewhere that you can use your old program if you are not more than 20 kilos over or under your starting weight on that program.

Tags
access , program