New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 28-01-2013, 20:49
Feeling more at home

Default fallen of the program

Hi Guys,

I had a major slip up this weekend and have binged for the last two days. Im not proud of this as i was going so well.

Im going back on the program starting tomorrow but was wondering how the last 2 days have now affected y weight loss moving forward. Should I not see any weight loss for a week or even longer???

Cheers,
Old 28-01-2013, 21:11
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Re: fallen of the program

Hi there. I don't know what effect your slip up will have on your weight.
It doesn't matter now though, does it?
It's done and tomorrow's a new brighter day.
Just start again. What will be will be on the scales!

Hope tomorrow is great for you

Refeed started 8/2/13
Maintenance started 27/2/13
Old 28-01-2013, 21:29
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary

Everybody's body takes it differently, don't dwell on it, it's done, focus on getting back on track, and staying on track next weekend.

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 28-01-2013, 22:35

Don't worry about the scales for a while, just focus getting back into the plan and moving forward. It is good to think about the how and why the slip happened, notice the triggers that brought it on, and try to put a plan in place for the next time. There is always going to be the next time mate, but it is how you choose to deal with it that matters. Good luck going forward

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Started 3 January 2013 92.5kg's
Finished re feed 27 May 2013 54.1kg's
Maintaining is a work in progress
Old 28-01-2013, 22:54
Feeling more at home

hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I know everyones body is different but from different experiences what sort of slow down should I expect?

I also want to know so I can remind myself of how much it has put me back by the next time I get the urge.
Old 28-01-2013, 23:10

With a 2 day blow out, possibly a week, but as you said everybody's body's are different.

If i blow out with alcohol, i have an instant gain of 2 to 3 kg's. Not good.The main thing is to get back on the bus

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Started 3 January 2013 92.5kg's
Finished re feed 27 May 2013 54.1kg's
Maintaining is a work in progress
Old 28-01-2013, 23:42
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Dr Rixo,

Quote:
I know everyones body is different but from different experiences what sort of slow down should I expect?

I also want to know so I can remind myself of how much it has put me back by the next time I get the urge.
Most consultants tend to say "It will put you back a week!" My observations say that, once back on the Bus, that excess weight can be gone again within a matter of days.

BUT, the underlying "balancing of the hormones" has been upset, and THIS seems to be what can take a week or more to recover.

As an example, I've seen some gain (say) 3Kgs within a couple of days. This is usually "water weight" which is settled quickly (as it is not true fat gain) - but, they then find that their total loss for the week remains at/near zero, even though the excess water weight went within 2 - 3 days. And that happens due to throwing the hormonal balance out the window, so the true fat burning stops.

Some are unlucky enough to take 10 days or more before it kicks off again.

It might be time for a "Back on the Bus" refresher course Doc....

Getting back on the bus

Hope it helps,
Koh

Last edited by Kohinoor; 28-01-2013 at 23:44.
Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 29-01-2013, 18:29
Feeling more at home

Thanks for that.

I restarted the program today and man has it been rough. I am having massive cravings and am having to talk myself out of just throwing it away.

Its funny the little things I try to say to justify coming of the program.
Old 30-01-2013, 10:16
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Dr,

When considering eating food that is not on Plan, imagine a voice saying "Would you like Detox with that?" (in their best Macca's voice, of course.... )

Good luck with detoxing for the final time... Many diaries show that members come to realise it is easier to not deviate than to start over again. The girls have an IFC (their Inner Fat Chick) - yours is your IFB (Bloke) and that inner voice will gradually get weaker as you stay the course. Every time you slip, it's voice gets louder.....

Koh
Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 01-02-2013, 17:45
Feeling more at home

DrRixo - I totally understand where you are coming from. It feels like you're fighting a demon, that you are at constant battle with yourself. It can be crazyfying. I've been there in tears. Do yourself the favour and just jump back into. Don't worry about the scale - weigh once a month if you want too.

Get back on it girl.
I know I can, I know I can

Old 01-02-2013, 18:58
Cohens - 2nd & last time!

Everyone is different, I had a massive binge on the weekend... Which went till Tuesday then I started back on plan Wednesday this week and I've lost 2 kg's in 2 days... Good luck! X

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15
I have 60+ kgs to lose

Hop back on dr Rixo Good luck

Started 29 Jan 2013
Good luck on your journey. Meet you at the finish!

Tags
fallen , program