New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 16:18
On my way - To a new me.

Default Hello! New to the forum, not new to the program :)

Hello everyone!

I am a mum of 2 little boys from Sydney. I'm in my 40s and have struggled with my weight my entire adult life - especially since I have had children.

I have been on the Cohen's program since September 2013. I am loving the program and believe in the Cult of Cohen's!

My start weight: 84.7kgs
My current weight: 61.5kgs
My goal range: 54-57kgs

I look forward to getting to know you all
Old 06-01-2014, 18:19
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Hello! New to the forum, not new to the program :)

Wow you're nearly there ridemum!!! Welcome! So close to the end now

Eating plan begins: 25 September 2012, 74.8kg
Refeed begins: 11 Feb 2013, 54.9kg
Maintenance begins: 2 March 2013, 54.9kg

Old 07-01-2014, 07:58
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you claireybell! I am so close I can taste it! LOL

I am starting to get hungry, stomach rumbles and disturbed sleep so I know that re-feed is only a couple of weeks away.

This is such an amazing program. I have tried almost every diet under the sun. You name it and I have handed over my cash. This is the first program that has WORKED for me.
Old 07-01-2014, 18:42
Feeling more at home

]Wahoo, you have had great results ,you will be on refeed before you know it, well done
Old 08-01-2014, 08:18
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg View Post
]Wahoo, you have had great results ,you will be on refeed before you know it, well done
Thanks marg. I am excited, but also scared to do reefed. Is that normal?
Old 08-01-2014, 15:31
On my way - To a new me.

Hey Ridemum welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your success so far! Cohen's is fantastic isnt it!!

I'm 2.1kg away from the top end of my refeed weight - and I'm terrifed - but not of refeed but of Maintenance!!! So I know exactly how you feel!

I spoke to my consultant last week and she said that if I'm finding the plan easy then I'll find Maintenance easy... but then I read diaries of people that had amazing determination whilest on the plan and on refeed and for what ever reason they fall off the wagon... From what I've read we need to tip toe into maintenance and not freak out if we have an increase, but work out why and deal with it and most importantly - learn from it!!!

Chat to your consultant about your fears too!!

Old 09-01-2014, 08:10
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennyhorse View Post
I'm 2.1kg away from the top end of my refeed weight - and I'm terrifed - but not of refeed but of Maintenance!!! So I know exactly how you feel!
Thanks Dennyhorse! I'm in the exact place as you. I have 1.7kgs to go to the top end of my range. I'm also terrified of maintenance. I have yo-yoed for so many years and have always had trouble keeping the weight off.

In fact, I went to a kids party the other day and one of the dads said to me, "Let's see if you can keep the weight off this time"! I replied, "I can't believe you're not divorced yet"!

Anyway, this program has definitely been the easiest I have ever been on. On other 'diets', I have always been hanging out to finish (or for weigh day) so I could have a treat - which was a major binge feed. For some reason on Cohen's, I do feel that this is a lifestyle change. I no longer obsess about food, I no longer feel deprived. I do feel that food is my fuel. So I am thinking this new attitude will help me in maintenance.

Good luck with you last couple of kgs and with your maintenance. Are you getting signs you need to reefed yet?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:22
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey RM!

Welcome!! Wow, you've done amazing! Congrats!

How rude was that dad?!!! OMG!! Loved your comeback though! haha.
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:33
Sticking to it!

Hi!

I just read your post on the turning point thread, and I just wanted to say that I was on the same boat as you too! I'm glad to read that you are so near your goal. I'm currentl.y 0.9kg away from my upper goal weight, and I'm excited/terrified about refeed too. So I do think it's normal.

Welcome to the forum!

Start Date: 7/15/2013
Week 4: 14.8lbs gone
Week 8: 8.8 lbs gone
Week 12: 10 lbs gone

Week 16: 9 lbs gone
Week 20: 8 lbs gone
Week 24: 6 lbs gone
Old 09-01-2014, 12:15
On my way - To a new me.

This is such a supportive forum!

lil_doll: thanks! I can be a bit of a b!tch when the need arises! LOL

Javanilla: Congrats on being so close to goal. I found this forum because I was starting to freak about reefed and wanted to hear other's experiences. It has been so good to know that I am not alone
Old 09-01-2014, 13:20
Creator of my Destiny

welcome RM,

Amazing journey so far, and now you are so close to the end. Congratulations.

I did have a little laugh at the comeback comment for nasty daddy!! Classic, I hope to remember that one if the need arises myself.
Old 09-01-2014, 15:19
On my way - To a new me.

LOL Excellent comeback RM!!! What turd!!

I don't have any refeed signs as yet - do you?? I'm in the middle of a 3 day plateau however and it's that good old TOM

Old 10-01-2014, 08:28
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennyhorse View Post
I don't have any refeed signs as yet - do you?? I'm in the middle of a 3 day plateau however and it's that good old TOM
I am having some refeed signs. One of the reason I came looking for the forum was that after months of feeling fantastic on the program I was starting to feel crappy. Since last Friday I've been getting hungry between meals and watching the clock at about 3hrs. I'm waking at 4-5am and not being able to get back to sleep. I am feeling drained of all energy, and snappy.

After reading through the forum I realised that this might be time for refeed. I contacted my consultant who agreed that it sounded like it was time. However, at that point I was still 4kgs away from the top of my range and I felt it was too far away from goal to start. So she has given me little adjustments to make to the EP (swapping meals around etc) to help me hang out a bit more.

Since then I have lost another kg or so and I am managing the reefed symptoms. I have my 20 week blood test in one more week, so I am hoping to hold out until then. My consultant will order my refeed after this.

I didn't realise it would be such a big deal deciding when to refeed! I thought you just got to goal and did it. I didn't realise you would have hunger, disturbed sleep etc.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26

My NYF Diary

It's all part of the fun, RM! Hahaha.

Almost every diary you read that approaches refeed goes the same. They question why they feel hungry, irritable, moody, have sleep troubles, can't stop thinking about food and they always say 'surely it can't be refeed yet?'... It is quite amusing! haha. It's like we don't want to step out of the comfort of the original plan, and maybe we want to continue losing weight etc... but sometimes you even lose some in refeed.

Anyway... Good luck holding out till next week. I'm sure you'll do fine! As they say 'hunger is not an emergency' (at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself!).
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

Old 10-01-2014, 11:28
On my way - To a new me.

lil_doll: LOL I know! I was thinking, "what's wrong with me? This program has worked so well, why do I suddenly feel horrible"?

I will put my hand up and say I don't want to step out of the comfort of the original plan! At the moment everything is laid out for me, I don't have to make any decisions, I just follow what is prescribed to me. I think my issue is that I had a little blow out at Christmas. I allowed myself to have 2 days off and I didn't handle it as well as I thought I would. Now I am nervous that when faced with trying to maintain, I won't handle it. I guess that's what refeed is for! To experiment with what works.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:55

My NYF Diary

That's right, RM... Plus, something I have learned the hard way (I am a returner), is that when it comes to maintenance, there is no rush! People always talk about taking baby steps.... And, my goodness, it is SO true. There is just no hurry to eat the things you have been missing. The food in refeed is amazing. Your taste buds are so sensitive, the simplest of things taste amazing. We need to relish in that and not go crazy for the things that really should be kept as 'treats' and once in awhile foods.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:26
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Hey there Ridemum,

Well done on your weight loss and being close to refeed! Yep, we are all terrified of beginning refeed and maintainence. You are not alone.
I am being very careful, Christmas was hard work with the choc about the place, but I feel like I am back on track now.
I'm eating basically a modified plan type diet, but larger portions obviously, I have a drink on the weekends and some of the nice nibbles.
You can do it! It's a learning process during refeed to see what your body reacts with.. The foods you have a reaction with are the ones you need to be careful around.

So, short answer? Yep normal to feel scared.
If you feel safe within the program with rules and boundaries set some for yourself in maintainence.
It is a juggle but absolutely do-able.

P.S. Love the come back to the nasty Dad, well done perfectly said!
A list of suitable come back that sprang to my mind..
"meow bitchy girl"
"don't let you mind wander too far it's too small to be let out on its own"
"You know people like you don't grow on trees, they swing from them"
"OMG ..... IT spoke!!"
Refeed 10/10/13 Total lost start refeed 30.5kg
End Refeed lost 30.8kg

Maintaining 26/10/13
GOALS: 10 Kg--done!, 15kgs--facial & massage-done!, 20kgs--new riding boots-done!, 25kgs--Can't decide? But- done!, Target weight! New riding outfit-done!!

Last edited by Relles; 11-01-2014 at 06:40.
Old 11-01-2014, 22:28
On my way - To a new me.

Ha! I like the "don't let your mind wander too far it's too small to be let out on its own" one Relles! Very funny!

Glad to know I am not alone in feeling a wee bit anxious about the whole reefed / maintenance thing. For the last few days I've been doing the adjustments to my plan my consultant gave me. It has really helped with the feelings of hunger and the early wake ups have dropped off.

Although tonight my family had hamburgers & chips from down the road for dinner. My 4yr old son gave me a kiss after his dinner and I had to stop myself from licking his little lips!!! That smell of hot chips nearly did me in!
Old 13-01-2014, 10:07

My NYF Diary

LOL @ licking your son's hamburger lips! hahaha.

I hope everything's going well! I am getting close now too, and it is rather exciting. I'm not really feeling too hungry as yet. I am a little excited to start eating the fun stuff in refeed!

Old 13-01-2014, 11:50
On my way - To a new me.

How far are you off refeed lil_doll?

The only food I am really missing / craving is nuts! Is that nuts? I never ate them before Cohen's, now I dream about them. Please tell me I get to have nuts in the near future!

Tags
forum , program