New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 12-06-2007, 13:10
On my way - To a new me.

Default POCS & loose skin questions?

Hi Everyone,

I have just been to an information session about Cohens. The diet sounds fantastic but I would still like to hear from the ladies (as well as the men) that have been on the program.

According to my Cohens consultant I need to lose about quite a large amount of weight to get down to my goal weight of 53 - 56 kgs. I have resigned myself to the fact that I have to lose over all this weight but its still a scary thought. What excites me though is that every 10 kgs I WILL shed, is 10kgs closer to my goal weight and I know I will DO IT! Especially when my motivation is to be healthy and happy.

I still have a few questions though - I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (insulin resistance) and I am wondering if anyone else out there has the same condition and if they have found Cohens to have helped and how it has helped. At the moment I am taking Diabex XR 2000mg a day (a diabetic medication) for the insulin resistance - otherwise without the Diabex, I would only have 2 or 3 periods a year. I have been told by my consultant that I will have to quit the Diabex before I start Cohens. Has anyone else faced this sort of problem?

The other question is purely vanity With having so much weight to lose, I am wondering what happens to all the excess skin? I've been told by the consultant that it shrinks back but I would love to hear your stories and experiences.

I have been reading some of the posts and think that you have all done such amazing work and I only hope that I can be as successful as you all have been.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nat

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: X 12
Old 12-06-2007, 14:52
Feeling more at home

Default Re: About to become a Cohenite but have a few questions for the ladies......

Heya nat well good on you for going to the session youve taken the first step towards becoming a new you. All I can say is do it. I know it seems like a lot of money but the thing is it doesnt cost much when its for your life. You dont have to spend a lot on food every week which is really great. Ive been on and off the program for 2 years now. Ive tried many diets but no diet out there actually works this fast. I dont really have that much to lose but for me it is like losing 100kgs I just cant seem to stick to the program. The program is so easy though the best thing about it is no excersise that is so good. Anyways Im back on the plan again this is day 1 for me. Hope you get on board and join the program its so worth it. It truely is the easiest program out there to follow. Good luck hope to see you starting soon.
Old 12-06-2007, 14:56
Goddess

Default Re: About to become a Cohenite but have a few questions for the ladies......

Hiya Natasha...

Sounds like you are where I was a year ago.

I've lost 86kg, so it CAN be done, and it's NOT hard, you just have to WANT to do it.

Resolve yourself that it'll take you the best part of a year to finish, BUT, you'll add SO MANY years to your life it will definately be worth it.

If you're still wondering how it works, message me your phone number, I'll ring you.

Oh, and, the loose skin? Most of it goes away. I have a Little loose skin left, but then to have lost so much, I REALLY can't complain.

Your periods will come back of their own accord when you lose the weight. They come in slowly, as you lose, they come more often, till they're back regular monthly
That's the only thing I DON'T like about having lost the weight!!! hehe

I must say, and I hope you don't mind, but I'll say it anyway... If you're 84kg overweight to get pregnant now is insane. You risk not only your own health, but that of your baby's. Take the year, lose the weight, THEN get pregnant, and be a skinny, yummy, mummy who CAN get up off the couch to look after her baby.
(Sorry, but I'm know for the tell-it-like-it-is... and that's what it is... ). In fact, I'd be careful NOT to get pregnant on the programme, because then you'll have to stop without having done refeeding. I know it'll be tempting, I remember what it was like to want to have a baby, but, it's really worth the time to finish properly.

It'll be interesting to hear other views on this...

asy

Started: 4th July, 06 (MY independence day!) ... Finished: July 2, 2007 ... 88kg lost in 12 months
Don't annoy me... I just learned the Bat Bogey Hex...
Old 12-06-2007, 15:03
On my way - To a new me.

Hi natasha,

welcome!

i have been on the program for about 4 months, just in the last days of refeed.

I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, but never have taken any medication for it other than when I was trying to get pregnant. I was lucky to get 4 or 5 periods a year.

I had 21kg to lose and found that each month my period became more and more regular.

Good luck...

Started on 29 January 2007
Old 13-06-2007, 14:30
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Natasha,
I'm also in the NW Suburbs of Sydney...
Don't have any feedback on the medical issues that you are facing... My only suggestion in terms of getting pregnant would to do the program and then take a year or so to stabilise your weight before you get pregnant. If you lose alot of weight and then get pregnant straight away, your body doesn't have time to adjust to the new "slim" weight and its easy for it to all go back on again, very quickly! (it happened to me with my second child). I've heard people say that it takes about a year for your body to get used to be slim and to "reset" its natural weight. So, if you can wait a year after losing weight, it will be much easier to keep the weight off once you have the baby.
But, you will find the program will work for you if you are consistent with it. and it will make a huge difference to your health and your self esteem. and nothing works as fast or as effectively, that I've ever tried anyway!
Good luck!
Pen

Old 13-06-2007, 16:35
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Nat
I only have 29kgs to lose but to me it could have been 100kg - I still can't think about the rest of the journey yet cos it's overwhelming. Don't focus on the big numbers - just use 10% loss as a goal and focus on that. When you get there move to the next 10% goal. Chunk it down and you'll get there.

I have so much more energy now than what I previously did. I may be a bit sleep deprived and usually I would be lethargic but I'm not anymore. I also haven't had heartburn since I started - the 1st time for at least 10yrs!

I read that Dr Cohen originally designed the program to improve fertility so it seems you are in the right place!

Good luck and I wish you well on your journey
Amanda

ReStart date: Sunday 4th May 2008
Old 14-06-2007, 15:55
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks so much everyone for your words of support and your own personal experiences.

I have phoned the clinic and said that I am definately going to join the program. Just one problem first - I have to stop the diabetic meds and wait for them to completely leave my system. Dr Cohen says that that will take about a week so still cant do my blood test for another 7 days

But as they say "these things are sent to try us" but I will get there and Im gonna be a "hottie" in no time

Thanks again everyone!

Natasha

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: X 12
Old 14-06-2007, 23:02
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Nat,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your situation. Your words have led to a fascinating insight further into this Cohens program. So, forgive me if I go "off track" a little with this (I think it could help many others)

Quote:
I read that Dr Cohen originally designed the program to improve fertility so it seems you are in the right place!
This quote from Ecogirl is the second quote tonight that had me thinking that this forum needs a place for "special" thoughts. So, Asy, is it possible for a separate forum to be created for those "not to be forgotten" thoughts that pop up here from time to time.

And the first quote? Hmm - well, I've forgotten but I'm sure I'll remember it again some time soon

Kohinoor
Old 15-06-2007, 07:43
Goddess

Yup, can do, Kohinoor.

Maybe tonight when we get home, I'll set up a star posts section or something, let me think on how best to do it.

asy

Started: 4th July, 06 (MY independence day!) ... Finished: July 2, 2007 ... 88kg lost in 12 months
Don't annoy me... I just learned the Bat Bogey Hex...
Old 17-06-2007, 08:37
Feeling more at home

Hi everyone

I'm really so excited about all this... Thanks to all of you - I reached this site by accident (although I believe that nothing happens by accident) and I really look forward to everything and all the encouragement. In the end we're all in the same boat, whether we've got to lose 10kg or 84kg. The effort is the same in the end, don't you agree? Well, good luck Nat, I'm sure everything will turn out just fine in the end, and you are going to look gorgeous in no time. Just hang in there!

Huggie
Old 17-06-2007, 11:17
Part of the Furniture

Hi,

I'm only new to this program too and can say without a doubt that I'm certain that I'm on the right diet and have the best support. Thanks to the people on this forum you are the best. All I have to do is read some posts and I feel better for it.

For those thinking about joining Cohens, now is either the right time or not. You will make the decision when the time is right so hang in there till then. Don't be put off by the amont of weight you have to lose. If you wait you will have more to lose.

Everything takes time and can only be done one step at a time and this includes weight loss.

Best wishes

Melissa

First started May 26, 2007 97.5kg; Cohens Goal range 51-54kg
Old 17-06-2007, 11:30
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
For those thinking about joining Cohens, now is either the right time or not. You will make the decision when the time is right so hang in there till then. Don't be put off by the amont of weight you have to lose. If you wait you will have more to lose.
Mel's right. It's either the right time or wrong time for you.

Cohen's is 50% about following the plan and 50% getting your mindset right to follow it. I can't stress enough how much your mindset plays a big role in this programme. You have to commit to it fully for it to work. You have to live, breathe and most importantly, eat, the Cohen's way.

While that may sound daunting, it's not. Anyone can be successful on this program, if they want to be.
Old 17-06-2007, 17:33
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Natasha,

Before starting Cohens, I went and had the tests done for PCOS. Came back negative. I was really struggling with losing weight, even though I did heaps of exercise and ate the 'right' foods.

I also was getting extreme ovulation pains that would last up until my period and then I would suffer from excrutiating period pain.

Since doing Cohens everything has returned to normal. I still get ovulation twinges and then period pain - but NOTHING like how it used to be.

I agree with those that have said to lose the weight and then maintain it before trying to fall pregnant. Your body will thank you for it in the long term.

Also I think it was Amanda who mentioned that Dr Cohen is a fertitility expert. This was how he came to creating this program. You are definitly in the right place.

Congratulations for chosing to do Cohens. For all of us it has changed our lives for the better. You have a long road ahead - but it is an easy journey.

Best of luck

Cheers
MiniMe

Tags
cohenite , ladies , loose , pocs , questions , skin