New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Tips and Tricks on Cohen's

Notices

Old 29-06-2008, 13:49
On my way - To a new me.

Default Can you loose weight faster?

Hi all,

I know you HAVE to eat the crackers and fruit for the first two weeks on the program, but I was wondering that if you stopped eating them after then would you lose weight even quicker, or doesn't it have any effect on weight loss?

I know I'm sounding impatient to lose the weight but.... well, I have no excuse.... Christmas is coming!

Old 29-06-2008, 14:05
I am here for good

cocopop,

I think you will find if you search the forum that there are many people who have wondered the same and not many who found it makes one iota of difference. In my case it never changed a thing regardless of whether I ate them or not, but eating them helped me stay satisfied and not deviate so that means I have always eaten mine .... I may miss 1 or two every now and then but mostly I eat all mine.

I know others have tried cutting them out and seen no change as well. And some have added them back in and got better results than not having them.

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthr...ers#post161376

I know there were others as well ... I will see if I can find them.

You must eat them all for ten days ... then you could try cutting them out if you like and see if it does anything for you personally, but bear in mind they are the only carbs you are eating and your body needs some carbs to survive.

You will lose it at the rate you lose ..... I have never been able to change my rate of loss, as much as I would like to.... you just have to trust in the program.

Connie

"If you think you can, or you think you can't you're right! " - Henry Ford

Old 29-06-2008, 14:20
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Coco,

Gotta go with Connie re the crackers - but I did have one or two "other thoughts" that you should know:-

1. Staying "in the zone" is important (once you get there). It's all about staying as happy and unstressed as possible.
2. Early nights (2 hours after last meal, of course) can help. HGH does its best work when you are sleeping.
3. Stay deviation free. Those who do deviate may drop the gained weight quite quickly (2 - 3 days) but the hormones, seratonin, etc take around a week to "kick back in" again. Thus you are almost "starting again"....
4. Stay as "light" as possible - whether that means listening to CD's, or using meditation, or whatever suits. By "accepting" things and just living thru this, things just seem to "move" quicker.

I recall AJ saying "you may not be able to speed it up, but you can slow it down" (by deviating, etc.) Your body will lose at its best when you are following the plan, and staying as happy and positive as you can. When you think of it, you will be dropping it FAR faster than you put it on, yes?

Stay happy, Coco,

Koh
Old 29-06-2008, 14:20
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

You are setting yourself up for failure.......

I had the largest allowance of crackers of anybody on this diet so far I believe (I was allowed 9 CB/day with AJ just behind at 8/day). After the first 10 days I rarely ate more than 6 with only a few times eating all 8 or 9 (and that was during refeed mostly). For a week I didn't eat any at all. I never found that it made any real difference at all. However, depending on your fruit allowance you might make speed it up if like me, you were given a fruit allowance of 3 fruits daily. I didn't experiment with the fruits though as I like fruit and an apple a day.........good for the bowel movements (which if are not good, can lead to increases of weight until the dam breaks loose). Of course you could forgo the fruits and supplement with pysillum (sp) husk (I don't even know what that is?!? but they all talk about it on here) for the fibre replacement that apples give. What I did notice, however, is when I didn't eat "some" CB's I had absolutely no stamina. I think having the CB's is necessary to keep from having dizzy spells with small amounts of exertion (mine caused a fall while running a short distance and the subsequent removal of a molar and a broken denture as I literally fell on my face). Several others have noted dizzy spells when going without CBs as well. Best thing to do is follow the program. The Doctor knows what he is doing. You are paying him for his advice. If you aren't prepared to follow his advice, they you are wasting your time as it may not be the healthiest method. That's what this program is all about.

What the good Doctor has given you is a prescription based on your food. You wouldn't deviate on a prescription of antibiotics for other medical problems so why are you wanting to deviate on this prescription? You cannot set a time goal. The only goal you should be setting is the one to finish the diet through to total completion (refeed included) regardless of how long it takes. Christmas comes every year. Your health comes NOW until the problem is rectified (otherwise, you may not see the following Christmas!). Give yourself a different mindset and you will find the program becomes much easier.

Apologies if it sounded a bit harsh, but I tend to say it the way I see it (okay, I lack tact) and we like seeing successful "losers"!

The "New" Stallion

Last edited by sundaymorningstaple; 29-06-2008 at 14:23.
Old 29-06-2008, 14:33
Part of the Furniture

Hi Cocopop.
I do remember reading that someone found that their losses were better when they ate the same protien in a day, ie; chicken for lunch and tea or seafood for lunch and tea.
I have no idea if this is accurate but was planning to experiment myself when I am further into it.
Good Luck
Kate

[/CENTER]GOALS: 1st 80kgs DONE! 2nd fit into last years jeans DONE! 3rd 70kgs: DONE4th 67kg normal BMI & lowest Adult weight: 5th 65kgs: 6th Refeed weight
Old 29-06-2008, 14:36
On my way - To a new me.

Default Never mess with the program!

Ooh, I feel like I've just been dragged into the principal's office!

Hehe - OK, OK, I'll keep eating the fruit and crackers - the three of you have convinced me.

I promise to never try to not eat food again! ((Never thought I'd be saying THAT sentence))

Thanks for the replies and good advice (and spanking).

Old 29-06-2008, 14:44

My NYF Diary

Hi Coco,

When I spoke of "deviating", I wasn't thinking of crackers, as I believe they are "optional" after 10 days, yes?

So, my comments were more toward "how do you speed it up" (or, really, more like "how do you NOT slow it down").

Hehe - I remember trips to the Principal's office - the idea at the time (the 60's) was to always "book your seat" in advance....

Koh
Old 29-06-2008, 14:48
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor View Post
Hehe - I remember trips to the Principal's office - the idea at the time (the 60's) was to always "book your seat" in advance....

Koh
Wow, I'd completely forgot about that one. It was the same in the US as well!
Old 29-06-2008, 15:29
On my way - To a new me.

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor View Post

Koh
Amateur stuff! In 1982, for a month, I had to do ALL my lessons in isolation in the office next door to the principal AND had separate recess and lunch to all the other kids!

Looking back now I can't believe they thought I was that naughty - compared to the kids these days I was a little angel.... (need "angel" smilie)

mmm.... there we go!

Last edited by Cocopop; 29-06-2008 at 15:31.
Old 29-06-2008, 16:40

My NYF Diary

Quote:
Amateur stuff! In 1982, for a month, I had to do ALL my lessons in isolation in the office next door to the principal AND had separate recess and lunch to all the other kids!
Hehe - well, when it came to visits to the Principal, I never wanted to be any more THAN an amateur

You must've been a "bad bugger" eh? (You little angel you)

Koh
Old 29-06-2008, 19:03
On my way - To a new me.

i was at my girls school one day a boy was sent to the pricipals office for not doing his work in class the principal said
mate you have to do your work whether you like it or not
the boy got right in his face and said make me ..
when i was at school you would get 6 strikes of the cane..
not that i ever got the cane he he

starting date 5/6/08 weight 109.8/1st goal under 100kg.reached 1.7.08 2nd goal under 90kg reached 16.8.08 3rd goal under 80.reached 12.1.09 4th goal under 70.
Old 29-06-2008, 20:52
On my way - To a new me.

Default A story about "a friend".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheree View Post
...the boy got right in his face and said make me ..
The REAL story....

... I, oh, I mean "the boy", got right in his face and said make me...

Old 29-06-2008, 22:31
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

In addition to everything said above, Cocopop, consider the following. I eat three fruits and six crispbreads a day. If I cut them out completely, the extra calories I save each day would take about three weeks to add to one kilo of additional weight loss. That's really not going to hurry my progress along very much at all, and I would struggle with the diet more, and not enjoy it as much.

AJ.
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 30-06-2008, 08:18
On my way - To a new me.

Yes AJ, that is SO true - I must say I love the crackers and fruit! And the whole reason for loving this program so much is because it is so easy, so why would you make it a struggle? If I wanted a struggle I could have stayed on SureSlim.

I have seen the light!

Old 12-11-2008, 14:00
On my way - To a new me.

hey all,

i noticed in the posts that people were saying they have 6 crackers and 3 fruits a day. Is this different for weveryone ?ci only am alloiwed 5 crackers and 2 fruits. Is they any particular reason for this?

thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 14:10
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

It's different for everybody. All diets are primarily the same with what is allowed and not allowed (with exceptions of things like eggs, etc. - which would probably be a result of the medical forms filled out & blood workups). What is different is the quantities of all that is allowed. Each person's individual quantities are different and are designed for the individual. Mine was probably the highest seen so far as I was allow one more Crispbread than AJ was (up to 9 per day - but I rarely ate more than 4 to 6) as well as three fruits/day. Which I always consumed! Apple a day keeps the doc away! Plus gives some of the needed fibre (never had any problems that way throughout the program).
Old 12-11-2008, 14:19
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Stef

I have the same allocation as you. I think it would have a lot to do with age and activity. We have desk jobs so we are not running around like a lot of others. I dont think I could eat 9 crackers a day. The only time I could have was when I deviated with beer the night before and I felt so bad for the next couple of days. Have not done that again and wont!

keep well

100 % deviation Challenge YEAH!!!

Old 21-05-2009, 14:04
On my way - To a new me.

Default speeding things up

Hi - I was just wondering if anybody has some good tips on what helps them speed things along. I am planing on traveling to Europe for a couple of months in about 8 weeks and I want to be off refeed by this stage (otherwise, I will have to push my trip back and leave later). I have found that, as expected, I have dramatically slowed since my first 4 weeks ended (first 4 weeks, lost app 12 kgs - next 3 weeks, lost app 3.5 kgs)

other than sleep and plenty of water - is there any other tricks of the trade that people have found helped.

I am really ecstatic with my progress - however, do want to be able to go and have fun in the European summer!!! youth hostels and a cohens friendly diet surprisingly do not mix!!!

thanks for your held

kit

Old 21-05-2009, 18:29
Don't feed the animal

Hi Kit,

I don't think there's anything you can do to speed things up. I'm in the same situation as you, I leave for turkey in 4 weeks and need to be off refeed as well.

Personally, sleep hasn't helped me much, whether I get 5 or 9 hours sleep makes no difference to me. Last two days/nights I had finished my 3L water early, had early nights with unbroken sleep, but no movement on the scales each of the last two mornings. Yes last week, less water and lat nights working and lost something every morning.

So although over the long term sleep and water may help, they don't seem to 'speed' things up.

The next day, after golf - which is a 3 km walk pushing a heavy golf bag, I've had some decent losses, but I haven't played enough to be confident of a pattern yet.

Being stress free is something else that people say helps keep the weight coming off, but again I've not noticed the trend in my own figures.

Just stay deviation free the entire time, stick to the guidelines 100% and you'll be assured of the fastest loss possible for your body. There's no more we can do.

Started Cohen's Lifestyle on 9th March 2009 - Lost 22.4Kg in 14 weeks. Goal Achieved.
Started again 19th Feb 2019.

Old 21-05-2009, 21:47
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Eat chili powder?-didn't some one say that speeds up the metabolism too? I am going to donate a pint of blood to see if that doesnt lower the number on my fancy new digital scale.

Tags
faster , loose , loss , speeding , tea , things , weight