New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Tips and Tricks on Cohen's

Notices

Old 21-05-2009, 22:21
On my way - To a new me.

thanks so much for your help. will eat some more chilli

oh and carrianec - I don't think that we are allowed to donate blood when we are on cohens. I wanted to donate but the guide says not to over the loss period. afterwards it is all ok though

Old 21-05-2009, 22:36
On my way - To a new me.

One way to help 'speed it up' is to move your meal 1's to the end of the day and have the bigger meals at the start of the day. This 'confuses' the body and you will find it starts coming off again.

I tried exercise when I had about 10kgs left to go..... big mistake. I totally stopped losing weight and got really hungry. As soon as I stopped exercising the weight started coming off again.

So, keep up your sleep (at least 8 hours), keep up your water, and move your meal one's to the end of the day. Hint, omelette with salada's and fruit seems a whole lot more than yoghurt and fruit at the end of the day.

Good luck, tanya.

Old 22-05-2009, 02:37
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

great! there goes my plan to lose a god 350 grammas-interesting about changing the meal order.

Old 23-05-2009, 10:17
On my way - To a new me.

thankyou so much for both of your replies. From tomorrow morning (considering that I just ate my poached egg) I am going to start having my meal one in the morning and see how this goes for a week - fingers crossed I will be one step closer to that plane to Europe!!!

Old 26-05-2009, 07:11

Default Re: speeding things up

Kit, I just heard on the news that an ingredient in curry or tumeric-curcumin helps get rid of fat in mice maybe it will help humans too.
http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2009/...0651242785049/

Old 26-05-2009, 12:20
On my way - To a new me.

thanks carrie anne - will try that over the coming week. Tomorrow (as it is weigh in day) I am going to start a week of having my meal 1 at dinner time to see if this helps at all - and compare it to my other weeks.

Old 26-05-2009, 13:16
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

As Marc said, follow the prgramme to a tee and you will lose weight in the fastest possible weight.

My other comment is about perception. Even at it's slowest, Cohen's is faster than any other weight loss method I know of. The old adage rings true here:

A watched pot never boils

Keep weighing 2 or 3 times a day and you see very small losses. Weigh weekly or monthly and you'll be amazed at how quickly you are losing weight.
Old 26-05-2009, 13:55
On my way - To a new me.

thanks baloo.

I am not upset by any means with the progress I have made over the past 8 weeks. In fact, I am overjoyed.

If it were not for the fact that I plan to be backpacking through Europe from mid July for 3 months I would not have a problem. I just want to be able to finish this before I go on my adventure - having to weigh food in a youth hostel is not going to be easy!!!

thanks for your support though. I totally agree that it is all about perspective. I would just like, if at all possible, to do everything possible in my power to make sure that I am as close as humanly possible to finishing this program before I head overseas!!!

Old 26-05-2009, 23:45
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

What you can do is possibly make yourself sick. This programme has you on a diet that is "Just" above starvation mode. Dr. C has fine tuned it so well that you will loose the maximum amount of weight in the shortest possible time WITHOUT causing damage to your health. Any modifications or adjustments that aren't Cohen approved can lead to your body going into starvation mode and then, no matter how little you eat, you will not lose any weight at all. When the body goes into starvation mode it tells the cells to store any and everything it gets as it doesn't know if it is going to get more or not. Therefore your losses come to a screeching halt.

The tuning of the HGH and Serotonin levels and the control over the insulin production is key to the whole program. Upset those three items and you are on the road to disaster. It will come off differently for each individual as is planned by Dr. C. in the best interest of your overall health. Nothing is too hard if the result is worth it. See Barczar's diary. He traveled almost constantly for the 5.5 months he was on the program last year and he also lost 43kg during that same period. (And when he flies it's always Business Class and 5 star hotels and entertainment by oil company CEO's and such. There is no such thing as too hard. It's just how badly do you want to finish it 'right'. Worrying about it only causes stress which slows it down further. Instead, spend more time getting sorted to do it properly and who knows, if you are resigned to do it right, the mind won't be stressed, and you might lose it anyway before. The body and it's mind is an awesome piece a machinery. But, just like any piece of machinery, if you over rev it. you could blow a gasket!
Old 27-05-2009, 16:47
Feeling more at home

Green Tea is supposed to increase the metablism, I try and have a couple a day.

Starting Weight 96kg Goal Weight 58kg
Lost 38kg on Cohens
Refeed starting weight 58.2Kg
Old 03-06-2009, 20:40
On my way - To a new me.

Default speeding things up

Hey - I wanted to reply to my previous 'speeding things up' thread ... however, I cannot for the life of me find it!!!

A few of you suggested that I change around my meals, so that I was having meal 1 for dinner to see if this helps

I tried this for 1 week. I lost a little under average - so it does not appear to have totally sped things up or anything, however, I could be slowing down or plateauing so I'm not sure how accurate this is. Maybe it does not work / change things for my body. that being said, others might find that this really helps them - I don't want to put you off!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 00:57

Default Re: Can you loose weight faster?

i am trying it all this week. I was at 74.1 on monday,74.1on tuesday and finally down to 73.9 this morning so tonight I will have a yogurt for dinner and an apple. I am going to wait until friday morning to weigh again.

I hope it shows something significant because I am hungrier at night than I am in the morning.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:05
On my way - To a new me.

H carrianne - I hope that it works for you. For the past week, I found that an egg with apple as a dessert felt a lot more substantial than yoghurt for dinner. Maybe this could abate your hunger a bit more?

Old 24-09-2009, 16:22
It's up to ME!

Thumbs down Re: Can you loose weight faster?

carrieanne, the Cohens Book says NOT to donate blood on the program!!

1st Goal 80 kg done (18-11-09)
2nd Goal 70kg done ( 28-01-10)
3rd Goal 60kg done (19-4-10) Now the REAL battle is to maintain. Its NEVER over!! Still battling!

Take-2 Goal: 62-65 kilos
Start: 74.4 kilos 1-1-2013
Finish: 63 kilos 5-6-2013

Take-3 Goal: 65 kilos
Start: 82 kilos 5-6-2014
FINISH ???
Old 24-09-2009, 17:36
Part of the Furniture

Battler, I think Carrieanne was joking about the blood hehe You may not be aware of her smarty-pants nature...

Old 24-09-2009, 18:34
On my way - To a new me.

Someone mentioned that when they stopped exercising the weight dropped again. Would this apply to yoga? Or only cardio workouts? Anyone has any actual experience that could help answer this question? Thanks!

Tags
faster , loose , loss , speeding , tea , things , weight