New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 08:20
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Annagirl- my journey to slim

Quote:
Good news today, I have lost a new 500 grams after losing and gaining the same 500 grams for the past 2 weeks
Woohoo !! One step closer to being a 70's girl !!

Keep it up,

Hugs,
Koh
Old 12-10-2017, 09:57
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Koh, I am also a little under 2kgs to a normal BMI, LIKE OMG!

I just went to buy some new pants (the 12's are history now, can't keep them up) and thought I would try on size 8's just to see and I can actually fit myself in size 8 jeans! not comfortably lol but they fit none the less. I feel like my new 500 grams and fitting my backside in a size 8's today was a higher power somewhere giving me the message of 'hang in there, you are getting there'.

Anna xxx

Finished refeed @ 25 weeks - lost 37 kg - 100 grams below goal.
Old 13-10-2017, 06:57
On my way - To a new me.

Another 600 grams down today just a whisper away from being a 70s girl and a normal BMI!!!!!!!!!!

I am daily weighing while I play around with my food because I am doing so much exercise now. I don't think these past 2 weeks of being pretty much stagnant have been for nothing, even my partner has commented how much my body shape has changed in the past week or so. Yesterday when I went to pick him up from the pub I was wearing clothes he hadn't seen before and he admitted to me he didn't even realise it was me when I walked in and I had my back to him lol for all his concerns that I was going to get too skinny he has certainly changed his tune, the number of times I will be doing something mundane and turn around and he is watching me with an almost creepy look on his face lol

I have just committed to going to the big races day here in NZ in November, kinda like the Melbourne Cup but basically you get all dressed up and girls fall over drunk in the garden (I have no intention of being a garden dweller) that is 4 weeks away so I hope to be at refeed by then but I have to go buy me a dress and hat to wear and I am super excited at the prospect of not spending the day hiding from the camera, that I will be comfortable in my own skin and quite happy to stand next to my friends and have my photo taken, something I have avoided in the past.

Anna xx

Old 13-10-2017, 08:06

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,
What great news !! I can imagine the smile on your face today.

Quote:
I don't think these past 2 weeks of being pretty much stagnant have been for nothing, even my partner has commented how much my body shape has changed in the past week or so.
Yeah, this is the "pointy end" of the journey where every Kg seems to make SO much difference. It is the final sculpting of your body back to where it desires to be weightwise.

With luck, this part of the journey should take all of those "problem areas" away. You know - those areas of your body that are like a problem guest at a party (always first to arrive, and last to leave.... )

Watch and marvel as the New You is formed. Make sure your brain keeps up with the changes. Hopefully, these last few Kgs leaving should cement your ISC's happiness, and she can tell IFC to rack off !!

The races sound like a "fascinating" way to celebrate !!

Hugs,
Koh

* ISC = Inner Skinny Chick.
You can guess what IFC is !!
Old 13-10-2017, 11:53
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Koh, I am really happy with todays result, it means I have kicked that annoying 500 gms that I was gaining and loosing for the last 2 weeks plus the 600 gms over night, so close to a normal BMI!!

It's given me the push in the right direction, I was just at my uncle's funeral and I stayed completely away from the cakes, slices, savouries and sandwiches (which looked delicious but I want to be skinny more than I want any of that) and came back to my office and had my chicken and salad, I can and will do this!!

Old 14-10-2017, 08:00
On my way - To a new me.

I am in the 70's!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I finally cracked it, it feels like its been a really long few weeks with many thoughts of giving up and accepting that I am just meant to be that weight, turns out I am not, it just needed me to find the right eating combination so I can continue to row and do cohens and now I feel like I have.

YEAH ME!!

Anna xxx

Old 14-10-2017, 16:47

My NYF Diary

Quote:
I am in the 70's!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I finally cracked it,
How bloody cool is that ? I am beyond thrilled - I am ECSTATIC for you, wee girl !!!

So there is a way forward, even if you're wanting to exercise more to keep your soul settled while you work your way toward Refeed. You have proved that !

That smile on your face must be almost set in stone these last couple of days. And now, a 70's girl - and you must be about to leave "Overweight" behind you too, aren't you?

How soon is that one? Can't be far away now...

Rock on Champ...

"Her heart pounding, legs screaming, her rhythmic steps vibrate through her whole body as she pounds her way toward the stadium entrance. The buzz of the crowd crescendoes - they have seen her image on the large screens set up in the arena. They know she is coming, and the place is getting set to erupt as soon as she sets foot on that circular track at the stadium entrance... Nearer, nearer..... The sound of the crowd swells in anticipation..."

Old 16-10-2017, 07:01
On my way - To a new me.

Busy work day so just a quick update

Week 20
-1.6 kg
Total lost 32.5 kgs & 162cms

I can't believe this weeks results after the last couple of weeks of crawling along, 1.6kgs!! I am well and truly in the 70's now, just 200 grams away from a normal BMI!! Only 4.4kg to go to my revised goal weight.

Super excited!!!!!

Anna xxx

Old 18-10-2017, 08:53
On my way - To a new me.

So had my 20 week telephone thingy with my consultant yesterday. She thinks I am just a couple of weeks away from ordering my refeed. The plan is that I am going to get to 4kgs above my cohens goal weight and then order my refeed early, she suspects refeed symptoms will hit me like a ton of bricks because of all the exercise I do and that I am most likely one of those people that will never get to their goal weight because of the muscle tone I have. I am already feeling hungry and unsatisfied after meals and very cold so definitely heading in the right direction.

I still can't quite believe how I have changed my life in just 20 weeks
*I have reduced my thyroid medication as I had all the symptoms of being over medicated
*My skin is better and clearer than its been in forever, nails growing really well etc
*I sleep better
*Way more energy
*My rowing stroke has improved so much, running around on a netball court is easy
*No PCOS symptoms at all
*Regular 'normal' periods
*I no longer have to shop in the 'fat chicks' section of any shop
*I just feel happier in myself

Got my first 'you are starting to look gaunt in the face' comment yesterday, I am OK with it and not letting it get to me, I said to the person let me get into a normal BMI and then we can talk, I went home and asked my partner if he thought I was getting gaunt in the face and he said no way that I look amazing so I think its not so much that I am getting gaunt in the face, I am threatening her status of being smaller than me but what people need to realise is I am not doing this for anyone else but myself, I have completed the last 20 weeks committing to doing this (and sacrificing a lot too) for my ultimate goal of taking the pressure off my body so I can continue to do the sports I love, I am still only the 5th oldest in the netball club, maybe I can get to being the oldest
I have learnt a few things along the way on the journey too, mostly you can't be 'sort of' doing cohens, you can't allow 'cheat meals' etc to sneak in or you will pay for it in your results, if you are prepared to live with these things reflecting in your results then that is ok but I am not, my plan has always been to get rid of this fat I have been carrying the best way possible. I have learnt this the hard way, the weeks that hunger kicked in and bad stuff sneaked in my results were not good (week 15), I have also learnt a lot about exercising on cohens along the way, you can see in my results from week 18 and 19 where my exercise amounts increased significantly and my losses reduced significantly and this was because I had pushed myself into starvation mode but by making some tweaks to what I am eating I have countered this so I can continue on cohens and continue to do the sports I love.

Thats me for today

Anna xxx

Last edited by annagirl; 18-10-2017 at 09:44.
Old 18-10-2017, 15:22
Part of the Mod Team

Hey Anna

Good on you - and any gauntness or shrinky bits will sort themselves out within a few months after finishing, so don't give that another thought!

You sound as if you are in synch with your Consultant, and have discovered for yourself that, just a you can't be a little bit pregnant, you can't be a little bit on Cohen's.

For me, the absolute nature of the program was and remains, liberating. So easy, just follow the program and the results simply appear.

I am still at my End of Eating Plan weight, which for me is still above the weight I would like to be, but s'ok, that's how it is.

I put on last summer's crop pants today, and the knot was still in the drawstring. Held away from the body, it is clear to see how my girth has changed. 30 cm around the waist doesn't sound like much but it sure does look like much!

You are very close to the end now, so glad you have shared the journey with us

Lotsa love for the Home Run
Kristine

Lost 28 kilos in 2006 and 15 kilos twice since then. 25 kilos to lose this time. With Cohen's, I know that I can do it, watch me dance along the beach to a slim new me!
Old 19-10-2017, 07:08
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Kristine,

You are quite right, for me the plan works too, there is no grey areas, you can eat this and you cant eat that, simple, follow the rules and it works, I like that, it suits how my brain works. I can happily eat the same foods again and again knowing that I am doing my very best to set my body up to burn fat.

You have done so well, I am not sure I would be able to go back onto the eating plan again once I am finished, while I like the simpleness of it it is so very restrictive and now I am reaching the end I am getting so hungry and not 100% sure I could commit to this feeling again if I had to.

Anna xxx

Old 19-10-2017, 10:35

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,

I can almost hear you smiling as you type this (or is it more a look of incredulity?) :-
Quote:
I still can't quite believe how I have changed my life in just 20 weeks
*I have reduced my thyroid medication as I had all the symptoms of being over medicated
*My skin is better and clearer than its been in forever, nails growing really well etc
*I just feel happier in myself
All of those GOOD THINGS that have come about because you took a chance and decided to do Cohens. Could you have even guessed how much good it might do you when you first started?

Anyway, as your news is SO GOOD, I wondered if you would mind re-creating it in this thread (link below), so that others can stumble over it in years to come, and begin to realise just how much good this program does for so many.

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5249

That has to be my most favourite thread in here. On a read-through (as an outsider) one can be forgiven for thinking "Nah, this Cohens thing can't possibly be THAT good!"

Rock on, Annagirl !! You are running like a champ !!

Koh
Old 19-10-2017, 13:17
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks for the visit Koh, I am happy to share my experiences in that thread, after all it was me reading the experiences of others that has helped me along the way.

This week I am a very naughty cohens girl, I have rowing 3 times this week and last night I played netball (summer league has started and when I committed to it I thought I wouldnt be on cohens any more- I naively thought I would loose 20 kgs and be happy with that but am now cruising to the cohens goal rather than my goal which was umm about 20 kgs above theirs). After playing netball I felt a bit emotional, silly I know, but I could not believe the difference it made running around the court with 33 kgs less, the coach commented after the game at how much lighter and quicker I am on my feet, not bad for an old girl at 42 lol yes yes I know 42 isnt THAT old, but it is for playing netball, I am currently the 5th oldest in the netball club because the joints just don't cope with running around on concrete doing all the stops and starts into ones twilight years. Hopefully I have bought myself a couple more years playing netball as I truly love the game and cant imagine sitting on the side line.

Not long to go now and my body is telling me so, HUNGRYYYYY but I know that the exercise is influencing this too so I am just hanging in there for as long as I can.

Anna xxx

Old 20-10-2017, 06:58
On my way - To a new me.

Today my update is......... SOOOOO HUNGRYYYY!!! Like looking at the table leg wondering if adding a bit of salt and pepper will make it taste good. My partner even copped an earful last night from mucking me around and delaying when I could eat, it was so unreasonable for me to snap and I felt pretty bad about it but you don't mess with a hungry girls eating!

I am still too far away from goal for it to be real refeed signs and I know it is because of my exercise levels and I have taken it a bit far with netball on Wednesday night and then rowing last night (and we did a lot of rowing last night) so what worked last week with adjusting how and what I was eating hasn't worked this week.

My body feels in conflict, I hurt all over from the physical activity of rowing which is a feeling I actually like, it tells me I have done something and the endorphin's or whatever it is that are released when you exercise like that are addictive but my body is screaming out for more fuel if I want to push it like that. Not sure what the answer is there, I just have to hang in there another few weeks and then I can order refeed.

Dreaming of peanut butter on toast today, like wtf I am gluten free anyway lol

Yours hungrily
Anna xxx

Old 20-10-2017, 09:16

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,
I'd think that getting your Refeed ordered should be a major consideration. Some girls just don't get to goal - and you already have a suspicion you will be one of those, because of the extra muscle you carry.

By all means, try adjusting things a bit more to compensate for the exercise - or cut back so that you aren't stressing things so much as you apporach Refeed. These are things I think you should discuss with your consultant.

She knows you are doing extra exercise, and that it keeps you happy to do so. Other things need to change to compensate. No-one knows your body/mind/soul like you do, and I'm sure your consultant would be well aware that "we are all different" and that her role would be to help you achieve in safety. My major concern (as you know) is that you keep yourself safe and not be (e.g.) fainting from hunger, or unsteady on your feet, mentally dulled, etc that can lead to accidents !!

And, as a bit of an idea, check out the diary of one who was still many Kgs above goal then HAD to start Refeed (I may have already linked it, but I think it would help you to re-read it NOW... ) There might be some clues in there that can help you.

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthr...872#post226872

Do read on from that post - Shanara went on to Refeed way earlier, but then continued to shed more weight as more food came down the pike !! So it can work for all, even if different for all.

Anna thinks>> "Hmmm.. now what is my consultant's phone number again?"

Hugs,
Koh
Old 20-10-2017, 12:25
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Koh, thanks for your comments, as always, something to think about especially reading that diary.

I don't think I am ready for refeed I just need to not exercise as much but I'm just one of those people, when I commit to something I see it through to the bitter end, like cohens and like how I have committed to netball and rowing, I just need to find a way to make it work for me. I am going to have a planned increase in food (cohens food) meal tonight to see if it makes any difference to how I feel, I have also stalled my weight loss again this week after last weeks 1.6kg which leads me to believe I have put myself back into starvation mode and my little fat cells are screaming to the food entering my system that they want it all.

I know I am close to refeed, just not quite there yet, I still have too much fat sitting around the bod, especially my stomach and thighs. I still have 4 kgs to get to the revised goal weight which means its 8 kgs from my original goal weight which is still quite a bit. Monday is my offical weigh day but I expect to be in a normal BMI then so long as nothing drastic happens in the weekend lol

I will just keep on keeping on for as long as I can, I am sure once I have eaten the table leg and I am looking at the cat drooling that I will accept it is time.

Anna xxx

Old 21-10-2017, 22:54

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,
Thanks for posting in that awesome thread - it is such a happy thread for so many, and now you too.

Good luck with "settling" on the right way to handle the extra exercise. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Rock on,

Hugs,
Koh
Old 23-10-2017, 03:22
Feeling more at home

All the best for your weigh in Anna!! 👍🏻👍🏻😃
Old 24-10-2017, 07:42
On my way - To a new me.

Week 21
-.5 kg
Total lost 33 kgs

I am inching towards goal, SOOOOOOO HUNGRYYYYYY, as of yesterday I now have a normal BMI which in itself is a massive accomplishment, I haven't had a normal BMI since before I had my oldest daughter 23 years ago.

I am miserable hungry, when I got home from work on Friday night my partner asked me what I wanted for dinner and I burst into tears and had a wallow in self pity about how hungry I was, poor guy didn't know what to say or do lol I am really lucky, he is so supportive of me and loves me unconditionally fat or thin, he knows my reasons for doing this and while I am happy at my current weight he knows that I need to push past these last few kgs and get to refeed and is my regular cheerleading club when I need to get out of my own head.

I am struggling with I eat and within less an hour I am hungry again.

Yours extra hungrily
Anna xxx

Old 24-10-2017, 08:30

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,
Mate, it sounds like you could be pretty much THERE !! At Refeed time, I mean. What does your Consultant say?

If a Basset Hound can ever become a chicken, that's ME right now. I feel like a Mother Hen that is concerned about one of her chicks - and I am concerned about you. Please call your consultant today to discuss this.

I've come to learn that you want to "push through to the end" with everything you tackle, and that is admirable. At times though, that very stoicism can work against you. This is (I think) one of those times. It is time to allow someone else "in authority" to call the tune - and that is your Cohen consultant.

Lots of good vibes coming your way, and I hope to hear that your Cohens person has ordered Refeed - or, better still, that it had already been done some days back, and YOU HAVE IT in your little hot hand !!

Hugs,
Koh

Last edited by Kohinoor; 24-10-2017 at 09:14.

Tags
annagirl , journey , slim