New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 29-03-2013, 18:12
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Dresch's Dear Diary

I am really struggling today. Breakfast and lunch was fine, but just went for a hit of tennis and I am feeling SO knocked up by it. It wasn't exactly five sets in the Australian Open, but enough of a calorie deficit to make me feel rough.

Compound that with people around me eating chocolate and chips.

Alright, enough of a whinge from me. I am staying strong!

Thanks everyone for reading and replying. I love this website.
Old 29-03-2013, 21:25
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Dresch,
Tennis will be fine once you start feeding your body again (Refeed time, or later). Meanwhile, do take it steady - here's why.....

http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=324246#post324246

Asy also used to say "If you feel the need to exercise, just lay down on the sofa for a little while until the feeling passes"

A bit humorous, but way more than a grain of truth therein. Take it easy on the exercise for now, and allow your body to stabilise into Cohens

Koh
Old 30-03-2013, 08:36
Feeling more at home

Kohinoor that quote is hilarious.

It was such a light game of tennis, like my HR would not have gone above 130.

Anyway, lesson learned. And I do like the suggestion in that thread that you should try to do this exercise as close as possible to your next main meal, allowing yourself to replace energy soon after.

Lastly, I think a slow walk is all I'll do from now on. Which is a massive change for someone who loves to do a high intensity cardio workout (spin class, etc.).
Old 30-03-2013, 08:45
Feeling more at home

Day Five
Weigh In: 120.40kg
Weight Change: -1100g
Total Loss: -4850g
Water Consumed: 1.5L + 2x200ml Coke Zero
=========================================

Geepers. Another 1.1kg off overnight. I didn't drink anywhere near enough water yesterday (only because I was feeling so rough). Yes, I know, drinking water is critical to feeling good, but yesterday the mind didn't control the drinking arm.

Anyway, I am going to slug the water today and not fussed if the scales don't move overnight.

But seriously, 120.4... 400 grams until I'm under 120... Credit card is going to get its first workout tomorrow or Sunday at the latest I'm thinking!

Eating my yogurt as I type this, and urggggh. That phrase "food is your medicine" takes on a new meaning when I have to eat yogurt. I'm like a kid having to take cough mixture.

Have a good weekend all.
Old 30-03-2013, 09:36
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Egg and vegies is goood for M3. well done one the huge loss....new you where going to slay this...

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Started 3 January 2013 92.5kg's
Finished re feed 27 May 2013 54.1kg's
Maintaining is a work in progress
Old 30-03-2013, 14:38
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Quote:
Eating my yogurt as I type this, and urggggh.
I just don't understand people NOT liking yoghurt!! I could eat it for every meal!
Koh's quote about lying on the sofa until the urge to exercise passes is one method - dreaming about exercise while the HGH Fairy works his magic works well too!!

ďItís not that some people have willpower and some donít.
Itís that some people are ready to change and others are not.Ē ~James Gordon

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!
Old 30-03-2013, 15:53
On my way - To a new me.

I'm with you on the yoghurt front Dresch.... hate it! Well I like it usually but can't stand the natural unsweetened stuff! Really have to force it down (and I do add fruit etc to it). I'm loving my vegetable omlete each morning these days
1st goal - 10 kilos lost (done 4/3/13) 2nd goal - 20 kilos lost (done 8/4/13) 3rd goal - 30 kilos lost (done 20/5/13) 4th goal - 1/2 way through my journey - 35 kilos gone! (done 10/6/13) 5th goal - 40 kilos lost and into the 90's! (done 8/7/13) 6th goal - 50 kilos gone and in the 80's! (done 28/8/13) 7th goal - 60 kilos lost and into the 70's!! (done 13/11/13) 8th goal 70 kilos gone and in the 60's!!! Bring on refeed I say....

Old 30-03-2013, 16:01
Home Sweet Home .........

That's one of the negatives of finishing for me, I'm going to have to find time to exercise

Old 31-03-2013, 08:44
Feeling more at home

Day Six
Weigh In: 119.55kg
Weight Change: -950g
Total Loss: -5.70kg
Water Consumed: 2L++ (not quite sure as I was drinking glasses at my friends house) + 200ml Coke Zero

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yesterday I made two steaks with asparagus and mushrooms. Yeah I ate it again because the first steak was just so delicious. That really gave me a lot of encouragement, because so far my meals have been a mixed bag of either "edible" or "like medicine". Whereas, this was tasty. Yeah I wouldn't mind a side of BBQ sauce, or relish, but I'll survive!

Anyway, I cannot believe I have lost another 900 grams overnight. A day earlier I had not hydrated properly, so I made sure yesterday I got the water in. As a result, I was absolutely at peace with the fact my weight would likely go up.... it didn't. I lost another 900grams. WTF. Wooohooo.

Last night I went round to a mates house and took asparagus, mushrooms and a small steak in a tupperware container that I then cooked for dinner. I then proceeded to watch them eat loads of fish and chips. Even last night's weight loss aside, that saved me a couple of thousand calories and even a possible burger at McDonald's on my way home.

So yesterday I bought those sunglasses even before I had clocked under 120kgs, which was a bit presumptuous. I am urgently seeking suggestions for my under 117.5kgs gift!

Actually hoping I will plateau soon because this is getting ridiculous.

Keep it up everyone.

PS: 15 weeks till my birthday. 19.5kgs to lose. Required Run Rate: 1.28kgs per week. Now I am starting to believe it is possible I could be sub 100 by 30 years old.

Last edited by dresch; 31-03-2013 at 08:56.
Old 31-03-2013, 08:53

Well done Dresch....will be interesting to see how you go for the month.....The most i have read so far is 16 kg's , but everyone is different

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Old 31-03-2013, 09:55
On my way - To a new me.

Far Out Dresch, you are on fire. Love seeing your numbers go down. I'm trying to stay strong and not weigh myself LOL. The steak sounds so good and thats what i was wanting yesterday too. Think i'll have a steak and salad today.

Thanks for cheering me on. Pasta is my most missed food too but as you say, i haven't missed it as much as i thought i would. Feels so good to be in control of your food and feeling the benefits.

Have a great day xo
Old 31-03-2013, 11:52
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Dresch, if your 'run rate' stays this high, you'll be nudging sub-80s by your birthday!!! How does that wiggle your wicket!!?

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!

Last edited by Michellebell; 31-03-2013 at 11:53. Reason: Forgot the question mark!!
Old 31-03-2013, 13:55
Feeling more at home

Haha. No chance of that happening. I am sitting on the couch watching some mountain biking and road cycling and I am fantasising about being able to play serious competitive sport (at that weight) some time next year.

Butterfly... I wish I had your resolve to only get on the scales once a week. It is that kind of willpower that will serve you well in this task.
Old 31-03-2013, 18:47
On my way - To a new me.

Wow! You are doing so well Dresch! I'm guessing your loss for the 1st week will be about 7kilos so will stay tuned to see if I am right or not
I used to be a daily weigher too but am now doing it just once a week (weigh day tomorrow). I am sure you too will be a weekly weigher
1st goal - 10 kilos lost (done 4/3/13) 2nd goal - 20 kilos lost (done 8/4/13) 3rd goal - 30 kilos lost (done 20/5/13) 4th goal - 1/2 way through my journey - 35 kilos gone! (done 10/6/13) 5th goal - 40 kilos lost and into the 90's! (done 8/7/13) 6th goal - 50 kilos gone and in the 80's! (done 28/8/13) 7th goal - 60 kilos lost and into the 70's!! (done 13/11/13) 8th goal 70 kilos gone and in the 60's!!! Bring on refeed I say....

Old 31-03-2013, 19:46
Feeling more at home

Wow your losses are amazing! Second what you said about yoghurt. Blech! It was never my favourite thing and still isn't! I only have it now for variety in the mornings.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:24
Feeling more at home

Day Seven
Weigh In: 119.50kg
Weight Change: -50g
Total Loss: -5.75kg
Water Consumed: 1.5L + 2x200ml Coke Zero

No loss overnight. Ate to plan yesterday again. I just couldn't get myself to down the water, and I felt rough for much of yesterday afternoon. Getting a bit frustrated that I don't have the energy to carry out some semi active tasks.

Alright, only one thing to do today and that is to drink more water.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27

The energy will pick up, your body is still adjusting to a clean healthy way of life. Restis always good too.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Hey Dresch. Great losses. And just remember if your scales stay the same - then the fat miners are at work (or the body sculptors! )

I don't think 1.5L is enough water though - you will flush the toxins stored in fat away better if you drink more. That could be the reason you're feeling a bit 'rough'.

Cohens ~ Round 2
Old 01-04-2013, 23:53
Home Sweet Home .........

I agree Michelle. Hope you got through your water today.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:48
Feeling more at home

Day Eight
Weigh In: 119.45kg
Weight Change: -50g
Total Loss: -5.80kg
Water Consumed: 1.5L

So I failed to get through the water yesterday, but I ate well. Well I did put a tablespoon of pasta sauce into my bolognaise for lunch, but I'm not feeling particularly guilty as everything else was to plan.

Last night I did Cauliflower and Feta soup... which wasn't too bad at all. Think I might try creating some other soups over the next few days.

Yoplait Yoplus for breakfast this morning. Good chance that will be going in the bin tonight. That was awful. I'm giving Jalna one more try otherwise I will stick to the Tamar Valley stuff.

Managed to go for an hour long slow walk last night without feeling terrible.

I have started to experience vivid dreams (which I never have/remember previously) in the last few days, that has been fun.

Tags
dear , diary , dresch