New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 28-03-2013, 18:55
On my way - To a new me.

Default Just booked an Intro Appt!

Hi All,
I have just spoken with the lovely lady in the Brisbane office, and I have booked in for the information session on 6/4! Very excited
I come from having done Sureslim a few years ago and lost nearly 50kg in a year, but have since put it all back on a more. Have tried a few times since then but never got the weight off, i feel i really need to be accountable to somebody.
Only downside for me is that they don't open on a saturday morning, so i have to try and drive down there (about 40min drive) after work, in peak hour traffic which is a pain. That was almost a deal breaker for me. But I'll look at going monthly for a weigh in, or fortnightly, and at least she offers phone/email support. So that might work for me too.
So according to Dr Cohen, i need to get down to about 69kg. I"m currently 131kg Seems like such a huge feat, and after many years of just getting bigger and bigger, i've always told myself i'd be happy at 90kg, so anything under 70kg seems like a dream to me, as i never thought i could achieve it. I'm hoping I am going to eat my words!!! lol.

So thats me Hopefully i'll be back soon with my plan at the end of April, and can start.

I'm going to start earlier with what she has told me today, and with the quantities i was given from Sureslim, and see what i can lose before I start.

Thanks everyone! Happy Easter

MM
Old 28-03-2013, 19:29
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Hi mm

I was brissy clinic too. It's great, you'll have a good journey with Sharyn.

I don't live all that far from the clinic, but I did the program by 'distance' so to speak.

I did all my weigh ins from home, just printed out the blood test forms as I needed them and emailed through my monthly stats. I didn't need to do the whole appointment thing for motivation etc, you may need to but I know the brissy consultant is fine with you looking into doing your program without having to make your way to the clinic.

Just a thought anyway!!

Old 28-03-2013, 19:59
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Just booked an Intro Appt!

Thanks so much for your reply
Yes ive thought that too about doing it as distance, at least I can speak with her over the phone. I'm hoping to get there at least monthly to touch base, & that work might let me leave a little earlier on those days.
It's very exciting and scary too. I've done so many diets that haven't worked (besides sureslim) which felt like a life time ago.
I've got hypothyroidism and PCOS syndrome because of my weight. I can't stand to see myself in the mirror or photos after gaining the 50kg. Luckily for me I've always eaten healthy, occasional blow outs on weekends and prob larger portion sizes of meats and veg.
Looking forward to seeing my plan and allowances
Old 28-03-2013, 21:33
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Hi MM, congrats on making a start with Cohens. Stick with it, do the hard work and it will work miracles for you!

Check in here as often as you need to get fantastic support. Starting to modify your eating before you start on the plan will help make starting on the Cohens plan easier.

Good luck and I hope to hear from you often!

ďItís not that some people have willpower and some donít.
Itís that some people are ready to change and others are not.Ē ~James Gordon

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!
Old 28-03-2013, 22:00
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Hi welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get that plan soon and get moving

Cohens is not hugely different to SS, but I understand SS was based on Cohens! So now youll be getting the original and best!

Good idea starting to eat clean now!

I'm MANGOIFICENT and WATERWISE!!! X2
Old 28-03-2013, 22:15
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you michellebell I'm so looking forward to being able to eat between the 5hrs and especially to have diet soft drink! After being on sure slim the last 8 yrs or so, it will be a nice treat!
One big thing that's different though is that on Sure slim you don't have to weigh lettuce, cucumber, celery and a few other things, as they are unlimited. And I'm going to miss pork as I don't eat a lot of beef, but it will all be worth it to be happy again!
Thanks Dezzy! I've been eating clean for a while now. Just need to concentrate on portions and no treats on weekends, then I've got it in the bag!
Have been looking at the hall of fame and I'm just gobsmacked! One lady lost over 60kg in 4mths! Unbelievable! What an inspiration! I'd be happy to lose 20-30kg in 4 months!
Old 29-03-2013, 13:46
Feeling more at home

Hey MM,

I'm in the 69kg category too! We must be the same height
I'm totally rooting for you all the way. I started at just under 142kg a little over 6 weeks ago and now I'm rocking the 120's. So I definitely know what you mean when you say it seems like a huge feat but you can totally do it. This forum has lots of great advice and heaps of great conversationalists.

Remember you're not alone!!

Lani
week 24: 101.8kg
Goal Weight: 67-69kgs

Old 29-03-2013, 14:24
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you so much for your post Ladi-Lani!! just what I needed to hear!
Wow you have done so well!!! If you're anything like me, you probably thought that getting in to the 120s was nearly impossible! But you've done it and in 6 weeks!!! You deserve a medal!! I can't wait till that's me!

Just want to get my plan already!! I'm thinking of asking her for the blood test referral so at least I could maybe get that sat morning before my info session, do I don't lose another week!
I'm burning to get started, the sooner I get started the sooner I get finished!!
One question, for breakfast, are two eggs an option? I had the choice of eggs, cheese or yogurt for meal 1, and always opted for the 2 eggs as they filled me the longest for the 5 hrs.

Thanks again, looking forward to sharing our journeys together!
Old 29-03-2013, 15:08
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Egg for breakfast ... Yes. My plan only allows 1 though - I'm not sure if anyone is allowed 2.

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!
Old 29-03-2013, 15:35
Feeling more at home

MM, trust me, rocking the 120's will be you in no time!!

And ditto on the egg. I'm pretty sure it's 1 egg for breakfasts (definitely for me anyway). I hope that's not disappointing news!

Old 29-03-2013, 16:26
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks for heads up with the egg! I've eaten two eggs pretty much everyday for the last 9 years since starting sure slim, so to go down to one is a big change, especially cos I can't have my piece of mountain bread. But if it means it will make me lose weight I gotta do what I gotta do! & this is the reason I am trying cohens because I need a change.
And like I was talking to mum about this morning, she said not to stress about it if its 1 eggs, because at least on this plan you can snack, so I can have a fruit and crackers/s mid morning. So it doesn't need to fill me for 5 hours. Do you get a veggie allowance with your egg?
Old 29-03-2013, 16:27
On my way - To a new me.

Ladi-lani - I'm at 131 now... Just up from 127 recently, so I'm hoping to be in the late 20s when I start, so all being well I would want to be in the 110s after a month
Old 30-03-2013, 06:39
Feeling more at home

Well then! You'll be rocking the 110's in no time!!!

Yep You do get a vege allowance with your egg. In fact this morning I had a scrambled egg with mushroom and half a tomato. It was yum as!

Old 30-03-2013, 06:51
On my way - To a new me.

I usually had steamed snow peas or asparagus with my eggs, but now lately I've been aking more of an omelette with onion or leek, grated zucchini and green capsicum, sautťed that and place in on top of your egg omelette, then fold the egg over it. So good!

Hehe thank you! ill hold you to that comment! Lol
Old 30-03-2013, 14:57
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

I have grated zucchini with my egg. And even though you can only have 1 egg - choose the biggest size!

Cohens ~ Round 2
Old 30-03-2013, 15:05
Part of the Furniture

Yum for asparagus!

I loved asparagus when I was on OP with my grilled chicken, especially on the colder evenings, it was my "comfort" food when my family were busy having pies and pasta type meals.

Yay, I am excited for you!
x

Old 30-03-2013, 20:40
Feeling more at home

G-day MM,

You should check out Faithy's old diary. She lost an incredible amount of weight. Might give you some inspiration

The fact that you are here is awesome. You might find that the forum is all the accountability you need to stay on track. It's great to be able to call the clinic when you are really struggling...but you will find that you get an amazing amour of motivation and support just by coming here. If you can commit to logging on and reading...and of course posting...you will find you come along leaps and bounds.

Take care and good luck...you can do it I have complete faith in you.

AE

Old 30-03-2013, 21:23
On my way - To a new me.

I just have to say first and foremost, the support here is absolutely amazing! Thank you all for welcoming me here, from the bottom of my heart.
You are all so positive, I love it

Great tip michellebell ! I normally have the extra jumbo size so will stick with that!

ej... I bought so e gorgeous mini asparagus today! I've never grilled it before but have seen it done, so I'm def going to try it. I love it with grilled fish! Thank you for being excited for me!

Almosteden... I have looked at her diary, so amazing. There are so any inspirational ppl who have succeeded and dropped so much weight! Makes it all feel a bit more achievable!

I'm nervous about the goal weight that's set for me. But I'm sure once I start on plan and the kgs come off, it will feel more achievable. I haven't been md 60kgs since grade 7! Back in 1994!! Seems like a huge feat, but I'm going to work in blocks of 10kg.
Old 30-03-2013, 21:28
Part of the Furniture

Yay for asparagus!!

its really yum with a quick spray of olive oil spray from the aerosol can type stuff (if you are allowed it in your plan...it will say if you are)....and a wee grind of sea salt then done in the george foreman style grill.

Amaze!

You will wonder how you ever ate cardboard tasting processed foods at all!
It is wonderful!
xo

Old 30-03-2013, 22:09
On my way - To a new me.

Sounds yummy!

I eat very clean now, just too much of a good thing I think! Lol. I like the structure of a plan, I think that's why I did so well on sure slim. But now ive got so much to lose, I'm nearly 31 and we were hoping to start trying for a baby, but I can't like this. Not to mention my periods are not regular at this weight, gotta love the pcos symptoms! When list weight last time they disappeared, so I'm hoping they will this time. How nice it will be to not have to have my chin and lip waxed every 3 weeks! And this time, lot of my fat is all around my belly, which it wasn't last time. Don't you just love hormones! Lol!
So I'm hoping the good drs plan will get my body back to doing what it needs to!

Tags
appt , booked , intro