New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 01:12
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Any 2nd, 3rd, 4th Timers ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozilicious View Post
But no more! She says with a quiver in her voice, this time ....I will be strong. I decided to redo the blood tests, and rejoin with a new program (which is quite different to my old one of 4 years ago BTW)
Mine is also different but not too drastically (just 10 grams here and there)- what has changed for you Jozilicious?

Yes kindred spirits indeed, I am a feeling strong for this journey!

Old 04-02-2013, 19:39
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

My NYF Diary

So let's all make a conscious decision that this will not be our 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 300th time doing Cohens...but our LAST time!

Well done for biting the bullet and getting a new program Jozilicious! I was considering it (during my mental low in the 3rd week), but yesterday I finished my 4th week with my old program and I have lost 6.2kg's compared to my 5.8kg's the first time. I'm a slow loser - ha ha ha - this is the only place where we proudly call ourselves losers!

Nickychick - I think if we all compare our meal plans it will also be 5 - 10 grams here and there and nobody gets more food than the next person...but the WAY it's worked out is perfection!

Old 04-02-2013, 19:45
Feeling more at home

I like that Not2Much "Let's make this our LAST time"
Here here.
I know I can, I know I can

Old 05-02-2013, 17:45
Back on the Cohen's Bus..

I also love that idea Not2Much (hahaha, your name is confusing my sentence) ...This will be our last time
soon we'll all be chatting in maintenance land

Nickychick, not much changed on my new program ..also 5 or 10 grams here and there. On the whole I seem to be allowed less protein and more vegetable

I don"t really see anything wrong with hauling out your old diet and using that. I did it more for the 'head space' thing than for changing the diet because it wouldn't work.
I was using my old diet for 3 weeks while I waited for my new one and I was loosing on that one. Let's see how quickly I loose on the new one in comparison.

Have a great Cohen's day girls ..and drink, drink, drink water

Old 07-02-2013, 08:25
Feeling more at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozilicious View Post

Nickychick, not much changed on my new program ..also 5 or 10 grams here and there. On the whole I seem to be allowed less protein and more vegetable

I don"t really see anything wrong with hauling out your old diet and using that. I did it more for the 'head space' thing than for changing the diet because it wouldn't work.
I was using my old diet for 3 weeks while I waited for my new one and I was loosing on that one. Let's see how quickly I loose on the new one in comparison.
Hey sweet

I can also have x6 crackers and x3 fruit which was a nice surprise. I wonder how many others get more food when they get a new plan?

I would be interested in a comparision with your losses to see if you do any better with this new one. I will defiantly be updating my status in another 1.5 weeks when I can say I have been on my new plan for 4 weeks soild.

I certainly am keeping my water up even though it is 4 degrees here in London right now.

Goodluck to all of your lovely ladies xxxx

Old 08-02-2013, 09:58
On my way - To a new me.

I to am using my old program and the only hitch with it is i am strugling to eat all the breaky and by the end of the day i,m blotted with all the water. but i have lost 3.9 in my first week so very very happy with that. Good luck to all who are back on for the LAST TIME, hehe.. we will all be shrinking together..

starting date :31/1/13
FIRST GOAL 5kg DONE
Old 08-02-2013, 13:01
Part of the Furniture

Hi everyone, I'm back too!
I hope i make it this time.
The first time i did it, i made it to 20kilos loss , i gained back half of it.
But this time i am determined to do it again!

BELIEVE AND IT WILL HAPPEN!! I CAN DO IT .......... ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 16:22
Feeling more at home

Wow Shaz - that is fantastic - whoop whoop. I am also using my old program. During the week I stick to yoghurt and a fruit for breakfast - for me it's routine and I don't have to think.

Beijingpal - I've done this so many times too. Started on the 9th of Jan and have to date lost 8.3 kgs. We have to focus, and just do 100% every day.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:11
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey Guys!

I am also doing this for the last time.

I kept trying to start and failing to stay on board for a lot of last year.

At the beginning of the journey you feel like you can't see the end of the tunnel... you know you're on the right train... but it feels like it's going to take forever. Contrast that to when you are finished and maintaining and it seems like only yesterday when you couldn't fit into your fat jeans (for the record I have far outgrown my fat jeans). I just have to keep reminding myself that once you start, you start to feel great pretty soon thereafter. It's just about committing yourself to getting to the end. I am doing that. I am committing myself to finish this and to stay diligent for ever and ever.

Tomorrow is my restart. The last few times I have stayed in the maintenance section and I do love it there, but I think I need the comradeship of the diaries section to get the full benefit of the support on here.

I wonder if I should resurrect my old diary or start a new one?
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 14-02-2013, 17:41
Feeling more at home

All the best lil_doll. Everyone here is so encouraging and it's so great knowing that people get it, it's not a matter of "ooooh I'm so fat, I have like 5kgs to lose" - we have got some weight on our bones

Old 16-02-2013, 18:51
I have 60+ kgs to lose

Welcome back Beijing pal! I remember you from reading Saph's inspirational diary - welcome back!

Started 29 Jan 2013
Good luck on your journey. Meet you at the finish!
Old 17-02-2013, 06:22
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Everyone,

I started Cohen for the 1st time in January last year. lost about 16 kgs and had gallstones so had to stop the diet for 2 months. after that I tries to start numerous times but struggled to go beyond week 1.
I have started again now and it is Day 10 for me. Have had a loss of 4 kg and feeling great.I am using the old program and I feel this time I will do it

-NSS

Goal 1: Under 100 kg; Goal 2: Under 95 kg; Goal 3: Under 90 kg ;Goal 4: Under 85 kg; Goal 5: Under 80 kg; Goal 6: Under 75 kg ; Goal 7: Under 70 kg; Goal 7: Under 65 kg; Goal 7: Under 60 kg ;Goal 8: Final Goal weight
Old 18-02-2013, 14:22
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Thanks LouBean

Good luck NSS! Sounds like you are going great!!!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 19-02-2013, 18:25
Part of the Furniture

Hi Sixty-plus.. you are right, i subscribed to Saphs thread....
please do so in my thread My diary... beijingpal.

Lets do this together since we have more or less the same amount to lose....
beijingpal

BELIEVE AND IT WILL HAPPEN!! I CAN DO IT .......... ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!
Old 29-03-2013, 09:58
Searching for ME again...

Well.....here I am. Its been a while. I hope this is for the best. I had great success with the program in 2009. I then moved overseas and while I maintained my weight for three years, unfortunately 2012 saw me completely unravel. I don't know what happened. I finally had a great job and a group of wonderful friends. But for some reason which still isnt entirely known to me, I began eating for comfort. I wish I had all the answers. I was advised by a professional that these types of things can often come about when one moves away from their family etc. I suspect that has something to do with my undoing.

So after struggling for the last year and not wanting to do anything hasty by packing up my life and moving home, here I am at last. Back in NZ. Where I am HOPING the support of my family can aid in me seeing my way out of this awful habit I created to somehow comfort myself (I think?!) I never struggled with this sort of thing previously and have been forever condemning myself for where I am at. After struggling with the onset of PCOS in my early twenties I really thought after finding Cohen's I would never have another problem in controlling my weight. "I got this."

Turns out that currently, I don't. I never kept a diary during my first journey. It was new, exciting and the results were so motivating! I am not naive to the fact that this journey will be tough. I remained DF the entire duration of my plan last time and currently I cannot imagine practising that same focus. Its going to take everything I've got. Because Its between my ears and my self esteem that needs the most work.

I figure something has to change this time. So I am considering keeping a diary this time around. My official start date is 1st April. Look foward to hearing from you all....

xx

Old 29-03-2013, 18:15
Part of the Furniture

Hi Hayley!

Welcome back whereabouts in NZ are you now??

I'm in CHCH, I am back for 2nd time, not sure I got it right with my first time? neve felt that balanced feeling others speak of even though i did do refeed to the letter and absolutely no deviations while on plan.

xxx
Old 29-03-2013, 18:25

Hi ej

I am going through the Auckland clinic this time but went through CHCH my first time. I believe I was one of the first in NZ to complete the program as it had only just been introduced into the country at that time.

After my first week, I did begin to feel like I was in the zone. I had tried for so long to lose weight due to PCOS and was used to slogging myself at the gym, that it was refreshing to have a plan to follow and to trust. I actually went below my goal last time as my body tends to be comfy around 52-53 and I can maintain with ease provided I stay away from sugar and processed muck.

Unfortunately my state of mind really isnt where it used to be. I'm hoping I can work on that though. How long ago did you complete the program ej? Do you think perhaps you didn't feel 'balanced' due to mindset or other factors?

x

Old 29-03-2013, 18:34
Part of the Furniture

Hi Hayley!

Oh cool, I am glad you are in the 'zone'....i hate the jittery bits and dizzy head of detox! :S

I went through Chch, I 'finished' refeed in October 2012, I don't think I was ready to start refeed when I did, infact my consultant went and ordered it well before I was ready, she did it behind my back, I was mad, but then I was worried that it was only valid for about 6 weeks once its made before it won't work so I started it...but I didn't feel really ready.

My hormones are all over the place, in fact my husband (as sweet as he is) actually commented how quick tempered I am ever since I came off plan to do refeed and then maintenance, he is right, I am a total b*tch to be around some days!
I too have PCOS (early 20s diagnosis too) so you can imagine my great surprise when I was getting my period every 28 days when on OP, only for my TOM to go completely AWOL once on refeed and in maintenance.
I thought maybe it was cos I was too light? Now I am heavier than when I was on original plan and getting regular monthlies, and so far its been 7 weeks since my last TOM.

Sorry for the long reply/rant!

Hoping my old plan will still work??
x
Old 29-03-2013, 18:42

Ohh Believe me I'm far from the zone yet. My official start is 1st April but I am going to try and start tomorrow!

I totally sympathise with the out of wack hormones you poor love. I don't know whether I have been comfort eating due to hormones or vice versa? The chicken or the egg and all that....

Thats wonderful news your cycle returned. I have been on the pill for years but always play with the idea about coming off it and regulating things naturally. I just can't fathom how quickly the weight goes on. How much do you have to lose? I know I ordered a new plan more for the "fresh start" mentality...

x

Old 30-03-2013, 15:20
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Hi Hayley. Congratulations on starting on the 1st April! One step at a time - stepping onto the Cohens bus is the best first step you'll ever make!

I read a quote at the end of someone's diary today (sorry can't remember whose ) about the disease of 'being overweight' is 'chronic' - it never goes away but it can go into remission as long as we keep up our 'medication'. (Medication being healthy foods and keeping toxins to a minimum.)

Maybe Koh could move the last few posts to the New Diary section of the Forum - so you can continue it as your own.

ďItís not that some people have willpower and some donít.
Itís that some people are ready to change and others are not.Ē ~James Gordon

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!

Tags
2nd , 3rd , 4th , timers