New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 10:37
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Dresch's Dear Diary

Gday dresch list was a real motivator,

have to wait a bit longe on the socceroos sadly

i agree for me its the simple taste of cracked pepper that I am really enjoying these first two weeks. I have been using it for ages but not tasting it like I am tasting it now. Other than the yoghurt (and I prefer the Vaalia but a long way) I put cracked pepper on every thing else
Old 02-04-2013, 13:28
On my way - To a new me.

5.8kg in your first week is great Dresch. Well done
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44
Feeling more at home

Day Nine
Weigh In: 119.20kg
Weight Change: -250g
Total Loss: -6.05kg
Water Consumed: 2.5L
=========================================

I slogged through the water yesterday during a really busy day at work yesterday. I didn't finish in the office till 8pm but I cruised all day with lots of energy.

Dinner I broke out the curry powder to add some flavour to my cabbage and mushrooms in the pan. Pretty horrific piece of cooking, and this morning's semi burnt omlette wasn't much better.

What is amazing is just the steely resolve I have at the moment despite the fact my meals are depressing.

I used to love green capsicum and onion, and it feels like that's all I ever eat at the moment. Its like it is in EVERY meal at the moment. I need to sit down and come up with some alternative recipes.

Anyway. Enough complaining. On the plus side I actually feel lighter on my feet and the scales were down again this morning.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:21
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Hi Dresch, have a real good look in the recipe section for some creative ideas. Crumble your cracker allowance to crumb your protein in, use cauliflower blended and spiced with garlic or curry for a creamy sauce, coke zero or diet lemonade in your cooking to make sauce (try coke zero, some beef, tomato, onion for a good stew type one with some cauliflower rice), pan fry some fruit allowance and have with salad (mango and chicken works great). Oh and if you like asparagus give them a go panfried with a little lemon - taste nutty and great with chicken.

Congratulations on your huge first week loss and good luck changing the meals up a bit. I know how you feel. For me it's cucumber I've been eating non stop lately because its easy. lol.

Start date: 16/02/2013 at 105kg. Goal weight: 60-63kg.
Thankyou Jessy for the awesome Levi's!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:22
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

for 2.5L Dresch!!!

I'm a boring eater - whatever is easy! At the moment I'm adding grated ginger to almost everything. I love the flavour. Just changing the spices/herbs can change the taste of the same ingredients.

ďItís not that some people have willpower and some donít.
Itís that some people are ready to change and others are not.Ē ~James Gordon

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02
Feeling more at home

Day Ten
Weigh In: 118.65kg
Weight Change: -550g
Total Loss: -6.60kg
Water Consumed: 2.0L

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

The cynicism is slowly starting to wane. After a couple of slow days, I was thinking yeah this is just any ordinary low calorie diet. I'll drop a kg a week or so from here on and it is going to be tough. But I am up for the fight. etc.

Then I get on the scales this morning and I'm down 550g, breaking through 119kgs in one foul swoop. Even if my weight temporarily rebounds, I'm so far the other side of 120kg that I will never be 120kgs ever again. Ever, again. EVER, AGAIN.

Oh and just quietly I have worked from 8am-8pm the last two days, eating lunch at my desk and just churning and burning the work. I wouldn't have thought that was possible without coca cola previously.

Still grumpy as all hell in the evenings though. Watching cooking shows is not good for your health. Geez I wanted the homemade tortilla some contestant made the other evening.

Anyway. I have way too much work to do. I feel guilty for not reading and responding to other people's diaries but will catch up at some point.

Last edited by dresch; 04-04-2013 at 13:23.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

On your way to the 10kg mark, well done

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Started 3 January 2013 92.5kg's
Finished re feed 27 May 2013 54.1kg's
Maintaining is a work in progress
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hahahahaha I knew that cynicism would wane pretty quickly!!

You have done so well! Keep at it, keep that water up and you'll be under 100 real soon!

Have you thought of your next reward???
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 04-04-2013, 13:28
Feeling more at home

Dinner at Squires Loft with a client tonight and I'm actually looking forward to a nicely cooked steak (well half of their smallest one anyway).

1.5L down by 1.30pm. Lunch courtesy of my other half was really good too, we have finally been able to find some yellow squash!
Old 04-04-2013, 13:30
Feeling more at home

Next reward... not yet. I have no idea. I was thinking I might take an unscheduled day off work.

Inanimate object update... put on my watch this morning that is usually skin tight... now hangs off my wrist!
Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 04-04-2013, 15:20
On my way - To a new me.

Way to go Dresch. Enjoy your steak tonight. Maybe you need to stop watching those cooking shows? You're going great guns
Old 04-04-2013, 16:50
Im changing & loving it

dresch you are doing so well, its so amazing how guys loose very fast, I envy you although im not complaining im not exactly going at a snails pace thank God

This is round 2 and last

if you want to know your past look into your present conditions, if you want to know your future look into your present actions
Old 04-04-2013, 21:14
Part of the Furniture

My NYF Diary

Quote:
unscheduled day off work
Read "sickie"?

I've had 3 links taken out of my watch so far - oh what fat wrists I had!!!

ďItís not that some people have willpower and some donít.
Itís that some people are ready to change and others are not.Ē ~James Gordon

Cohens ~ Round 2
~~ Start: 18.11.2012 ~~ Goal 1: 70s, Done 20.1.13 Goal 2: Wear bathers, Done 8.1.13 (soooo hot here!) Goal 3: 77.7kg - Reach 'Overweight' status, Done 7.2.13 Goal 4: 60s, Done 29.3.13 Goal 5: 64.7kg - Reach 'Normal Weight' status, Goal 6: Zumba!, Goal 7: 50s, Goal 8: Final weight - 55kg!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45
Feeling more at home

Day Eleven
Weigh In: 118.70kg
Weight Change: +50g
Total Loss: -6.55kg
Water Consumed: 2.2L

Alright, so went to Squires Loft yesterday with a client and our respective partners. I order the 200g Eye Fillet with no sauce... side of chips... but I'm determined not to eat them.

Anyway, my client then orders an entree of ribs for us to share and lumps some on my plate. I had some. But they were tiny, maybe 20-30g.

I ordered some roasted vegetables, and they were SO tasty. I think I need to start grilling on our BBQ. I would've eaten my allocation, maybe slightly more. Not sure.

So I ate the 200g eye fillet, and I also ate a lamb chop. So I might have eaten maybe 60-70% more than my allocation all up. Deviation yes, but I'm not worried.

Oh and not to mention... I did leave those chips alone. My single most favourite thing in the world. Well maybe after coca cola.

So anyway. Small deviation, got on the scales, I'm up 50g. I am really not worried. Straight back onto plan today and you know its lunch time and I'm not even that hunrgy. And I have loads of energy. This truly is a wonder diet - if you want to call it that.

Apologies all for eating that lamb chop... it was forced on me by my client! But reading the Beck Diet book has taught me the most important tip... its about getting back 'on' diet and not letting yourself go when you make a mistake. Just because the switch went to 'off' doesn't mean it should stay 'off'.

Anyway. I am still mentally busy at work (which is SO rare). I promise to get reading other diaries on the weekend.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:09
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

You are right, Dresch! It is all about getting back on board!

I am not sure how I'd go after deviating, that's why I aviod at all costs!

Also FYI and this is true for refeed as well... Any oopsies don't usually show up on the scales until the day after the morning after... So, 2 weigh ins later. You'll see about that in refeed (but if you gain too much, you go back 2 days and that is the reason why, gains don't show for 2 days and they are considered accumulative).

But anyway... What really truly matters is that you can get back on board and keep losing!!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28
Feeling more at home

Day Eleven
Weigh In: 117.95kg
Weight Change: -750g
Total Loss: -7.30kg
Water Consumed: 2.4L

I successfully went to the football last night and did not drink. Forgot to pack a second meal to eat before I went to the pub, so ordered a chicken caesar salad with the dressing on the side. Only ate the chicken and a couple of lettuce leaves. The rest of the day, I ate perfectly which is just SO easy now.

I also didn't even eat my second portion of fruit. But I got through a lot of water. I'm guessing 2.4L but it could have been more.

Melbourne Victory won 2-1 in the most epic fashion. I have never seen a team steal a football game like that live. Bad news is that means I am now obligated to go for an 'away game' bender to Gosford next week to see if we can make the finals. I pledged to the boys that I would drink,

In other news, I sat down with my boss to talk about salary expectations for my internal move to Singapore with work. Discussion went really well, so I am buzzing.

Got to lose as much as I can before next weekend. Hopefully one night on the beers plus a few vodka sodas won't hurt too much.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:34
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresch View Post
Hopefully one night on the beers plus a few vodka sodas won't hurt too much.
The only way you will know for yourself is to do it. The scales will tell you the story

Great loss...2.7kg's to the first 10, you might get pretty close for the first 2 weeks completed

Get lots of sleep. Get sunshine. Laugh. Go outside and play. Avoid grains and sugar like the plague.
Started 3 January 2013 92.5kg's
Finished re feed 27 May 2013 54.1kg's
Maintaining is a work in progress
Old 06-04-2013, 11:02
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Dresch,

Quote:
I pledged to the boys that I would drink,
Yeah, no probs - a few drinks of water won't harm you !!

Quote:
Hopefully one night on the beers plus a few vodka sodas won't hurt too much.

It'll cost you a week on Plan - not that you'll gain so much that you'll take a week to lose it again. No, it is more that the "balance" you have been setting up in your body will be upset (quite upset) - and it typically takes up to a week to regain that balance.

What is it that has them wanting you to drink? Would it change the result of the game if you do? (or don't?)

I'd suggest you don't (it can be the first step onto a slippery slope) - but hey, it is your choice. Good luck with it,

Koh
Old 07-04-2013, 22:17
Feeling more at home

Day Thirteen
Weigh In: 117.8kg
Weight Change: -150g
Total Loss: -7.45kg
Water Consumed: 2.4L

Took it easy. Ate perfectly again. Watched the football... go bombers.

One more day till my week 2 weigh in.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:50
Feeling more at home

Day Fourteen
Weigh In: 116.45kg
Weight Change: -1350g
Total Loss: -8.80kg
Water Consumed: 3.0L+ +500ml Pepsi Max

Get in there! Went back to my parents farm yesterday and did 6 hours hard labour lifting 60kg++ logs of wood onto a sawbench. They will be able to stay warm in front of the fire, while I freeze without layers of fat to keep me warm.

I was a wreck on my way home, hungry and feeling not so great. Stayed hydrated all day and then the results are there on the scales.

I've crashed through the 117.5kg mark without collecting my gift and I'm fast closing in on 115kgs without any thought as to what I am going to buy there either.

14 weeks until my birthday, the required run rate to get under 100kg is down to 1.175kgs a week.

This is unbelievable.

Tags
dear , diary , dresch