New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 17:16
Trial & Feedback ...

My NYF Diary

Lolololololol

Old 04-11-2014, 18:15
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Re: The Clean Slate

I'm loving asparagus at the moment too - having it morning, noon and night mmmmmmmmm maybe will melt the cheese for Friday night treat. Cheese is my BIG downfall esp as the other half always snacks on cheese and crackers before tea.

Not ever having run for pleasure, I have enjoyed running over the past year and really missing it as I have stopped exercising for a couple of weeks to concentrate on OP - I am not looking forward to losing the fitness level I had achieved.
WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 05-11-2014, 08:13
Part of the Furniture

WB - running is great once you get over the initial hurdle of breathlessness huh? lol! Yes, I agree....hard to get back out there when you feel you have lost a bit of the running mojo...but I know with just getting out there it makes a difference each time

First day went well...I was in bed early (8:45pm) and my husband was like "this is great you never get to bed early"....he is early to bed, early to rise person...I am normally a night owl (when not following Cohens...when I am OP, re-feed or maintenance like last time...always to bed early and up early!!)

Today is day 2....woke with a headache...still there a little, but I was expecting that. Had to use up a fruit last night...can't believe I nearly did not eat all my fruit allowance - I only get 2 pieces so not sure how that slipped under the radar!!
lol!
Although, I do remember why I would have my fruit during the day and not post-dinner last time.....fruit after my dinner makes me feel hungry again? weird...I was feeling fine after dinner and then 20 minutes later remembered I still had a fruit allowance left, so ate it and then felt a bit weirdy in the tummy. Not true hunger but it felt yuck like pseudo hunger pains.
Anyway...I have decided fruit is for snacks during the day today and I hope that helps me out a bit better!
Even though I had a headache when I woke...my eyes feel so much clearer...now this has to be psycho-somatic....I mean, I am only day 2....but I can't explain it....my vision seems sharper and I have improved mental clarity? This cannot be right....so soon???

Last edited by ej_nz; 05-11-2014 at 08:16.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:05
Trial & Feedback ...

My NYF Diary

Lol EJ ... one of the huge bonus' is being able to sleep! Perhaps your eyes seeing better is the clarity? Decision made to go back on OP; day 1 done successfully; and feeling like you can do it. Your foggy brain is now focussed on the job ahead - go with it EJ - sounds like you are well on your way now, the headache won't last too long (as you know).

I only ever ate my fruit with my meal as I got the hungries when I ate them as snacks ... it worked for me.

Have a good day chickie babe

Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 06-11-2014, 03:18
On my way - To a new me.

Hi everyone, I am back OP also as I have gained around 20kg since reaching maintenance in April 2013. Travelling back and forth to the USA has taken a real toll on my eating habits, and a partner that loves "date night" means I have not been as aware of my choices as I should have been, combine that with a fear of getting on the scales as I knew they would have gone up meant that my IFC was laughing and rubbing her hands together in glee. I tried my old program but just could not stick to it at all, there was always a little voice saying "just one won't hurt....."
I then applied to get a new program in the USA but was turned down as my blood results were off due to medication I had been on for the flu.
I was so depressed when that happened, but still could not find the motivation to stick to my plan.
Then something happened that made it all click for me....Tommy officially proposed to me and presented me with a beautiful engagement ring. I now had until March 2015 to lose what I had gained. It was like a switch had been flicked, overnight I was not interested in sugar or fatty foods, I have now been back on plan for 8 days and lost 3.9kg.
This has made me realise 2 things
1. I am goal oriented. I need to constantly have significant goals to achieve what I want.
2. Even though we are told not to, I need to weigh daily. If I don't I get an u rational fear of the scales.

So, hello to all who are here, looking forward to moving forward towards our goals together
Old 06-11-2014, 03:35

My NYF Diary

Hi Fee, and welcome back!

Congrats on the 'big motivation'! It really is amazing that we are so controlled by these goals...I think of them as motivations (on the positive side - when we have a big event coming up and nothing can stop us from being determined) VS excuses (on the negative side - could also be a big event, or any event will do - but certainly any excuse not to be determined; Christmas, b-days, etc).

Anyhoo - looking forward to follow your diary again - and do show off your bling!

Old 06-11-2014, 07:43
Part of the Furniture

Hi Fee!

Wow....congratulations on your engagement!!! That is wonderful news and I agree...a lovely goal to be working towards (asides from the weight loss hee hee).

I'm back for a 2nd go too...so here's to us!!!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:12
Faith is the first step

My NYF Diary

Hey Cinderella! Congrats lovely on your special news xxx. So, did you go back and try for a new plan after the meds were out of your system or found you could stick to the old one?

To be truly enlightened is to embrace diversity...

Do or do not...there is no try
Old 06-11-2014, 15:32
Trial & Feedback ...

My NYF Diary

Congrats Fee!! Woo hoo ... excellent motivation for you. xx

Old 06-11-2014, 17:53

So glad to hear the happy news of your engagement with Tommy - your story was a true love story that I loved following.

You are one determined women so I know that you will shed those 20kgs - however make sure you continue to post so we can continue to be part of the "happy ever after......"

WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 20-11-2014, 07:57
Part of the Furniture

Hi everyone!!!

Just reporting in to say I have lost 5kg so far for my Clean Slate...I hope everyone else is trekking nicely too.

Keep us updated....would love to hear from you!

Tags
back , clean , on plan , slate , start