New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Support Boards > The Poll Board

Notices

View Poll Results: When Do You Weigh Yourself ?
Dailey 98 57.99%
Weekly 54 31.95%
Fortnightly 4 2.37%
Monthly 11 6.51%
Not at all 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2007, 22:06
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default WHEN DO WE ALL WEIGH MOSTLY!!!

An on going poll to see when people prefer to weigh - and remember the plan Specifically states " Do not weigh yourself more than once every four weeks"

Do not reply to this poll with a post - if you wish to discuss "Weighing and When"  -  Please start a new Topic on the board.

This poll is purely "curiosity" for information - of "when" and "how often" most people weigh.

You will see the result after voting and you are only entitled to vote once in this poll.

Andy.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:36
Goddess

Default Re: WHEN DO WE ALL WEIGH MOSTLY!!!

You know, I've had this discussion with lots of people...

This is how I read it.

Weight and weight loss are cyclic... As are our hormonal cycles (male or female, although admittedly worse fluctuations in females).

Our weight cycles, whether up and down or linearly (if we're not losing weight), it still cycles... It might be that it goes 90,91,89,90,92,89,90... etc, or if we're in weight loss mode it may be something like this: 95,93,94,95,92,93,94,91,... etc...

Now, our hormonal cycles also make us fluctuate weight wise, especially with fluid retention.

So...

Being as that both of these cycles are running at the same time, it stands to reason that, at some times, they'll both be on the 'up', and sometimes they'll both be on the 'down' phase of the cycle.

OK? With me so far?

Therefore, being as our hormonal cycle is roughly every 28 days (4 weeks) it is logical that if we weigh ( and take blood samples) on a 4 weekly cycle then we're basically hitting the same point in our hormonal cycle, and thus reducing the influence of that one cycle at least.

That's why we weigh 'monthly' (well, really every 4 weeks would be ideal), that's also why the blood tests are taken on a 4 weekly cycle.

See?

So. The way I see it, you're quite welcome to weigh daily. I don't think it matters, BUT!!!

!!!!!BUT!!!!!

Don't get psychotic if your weight goes UP a little and DOWN a little. You MUST make allowances for the cycles and their convergences.

If you think you're going to get nuts if the scales go up and down, even when you know you haven't deviated, and even when you know they're going down overall, then put them away...

Gosh I hope that makes some sense. It's just my theory, it might be wrong, but that's as I see the whole 'when do ya weigh' issue.

Hope it helps someone,

asy

Started: 4th July, 06 (MY independence day!) ... Finished: July 2, 2007 ... 88kg lost in 12 months
Don't annoy me... I just learned the Bat Bogey Hex...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:29

ASY - That is a great tip for everyone - thanks so much for your input - I am sure that there are lots of new forum users and those just starting who still need to find their own level in weighing and when to weigh.

I intend to leave the poll going and hopefully new starters and anybody can use it to gauge how often to weigh on and off the program.

Thanks

Andy
Old 14-11-2007, 21:42
Part of the Furniture

Hi Andy,

I have hit a vote for f/nightly as I will be going into the Cohen clinic every 14days. I hope I can hold out and use it as a treat but that may be a bit tough to stay of the scales.

Congrats on almost being half way - you are making great progress, I can't wait to start seeing the results.

Take care
Daisy.
Old 15-11-2007, 08:51
Feeling more at home

Hi All,

I weigh and measure weekly....

Helen

Old 15-11-2007, 18:38

But Helen did you vote !!!!!!

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt] When you vote you can then see the results !!!!!!! [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]
Old 20-11-2007, 04:17

bump bump bump !!!!!!!!!
Old 20-11-2007, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asy
You know, I've had this discussion with lots of people...

This is how I read it.

Weight and weight loss are cyclic... As are our hormonal cycles (male or female, although admittedly worse fluctuations in females).

Our weight cycles, whether up and down or linearly (if we're not losing weight), it still cycles... It might be that it goes 90,91,89,90,92,89,90... etc, or if we're in weight loss mode it may be something like this: 95,93,94,95,92,93,94,91,... etc...

Now, our hormonal cycles also make us fluctuate weight wise, especially with fluid retention.

So...

Being as that both of these cycles are running at the same time, it stands to reason that, at some times, they'll both be on the 'up', and sometimes they'll both be on the 'down' phase of the cycle.

OK? With me so far?

Therefore, being as our hormonal cycle is roughly every 28 days (4 weeks) it is logical that if we weigh ( and take blood samples) on a 4 weekly cycle then we're basically hitting the same point in our hormonal cycle, and thus reducing the influence of that one cycle at least.

That's why we weigh 'monthly' (well, really every 4 weeks would be ideal), that's also why the blood tests are taken on a 4 weekly cycle.

See?

So. The way I see it, you're quite welcome to weigh daily. I don't think it matters, BUT!!!

!!!!!BUT!!!!!

Don't get psychotic if your weight goes UP a little and DOWN a little. You MUST make allowances for the cycles and their convergences.

If you think you're going to get nuts if the scales go up and down, even when you know you haven't deviated, and even when you know they're going down overall, then put them away...

Gosh I hope that makes some sense. It's just my theory, it might be wrong, but that's as I see the whole 'when do ya weigh' issue.

Hope it helps someone,

asy
Old 21-11-2007, 23:01
Part of the Furniture

I weigh daily because I chart daily. This helps me when I need to backtrack for various reasons including TOM/AF, BM's etc.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38

Just thought as we have a lot of new starters on the forum we might bump this up and see how the results look.

So please vote - all that haven't - just for fun.

But its still over 50 % that weigh daily !!!!!!!!!!!!! ..................... interestingly predictable I would think.

Andy
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40
Feeling more at home

Hi all,

I have been on cohens for 4 weeks today. I weigh daily, it gives me incentive to try harder or inspiration to continu, depending on the results...lol

Started Refeed 23/8/2008 at 59.5kg. Finished refeed 6/9/2008 at 58.6kg .
Old 17-02-2008, 21:23

Just giving this a bump - as we have a fair few new starters on the block !!!!!!

The more votes we get the better the results - lets say 20% of total members would be good.

That would put it at about 115 votes as of today !!!! (17/02/200

So if you haven't pressed the button - please do

Have a good week - I will for sure.

Andy
Old 28-02-2008, 12:51
I'm new, please be nice to me.

I weigh daily too, unless I had deviated, and I know that weighing will probably depress me.

Measurements I do weekly!
Old 13-03-2008, 21:07
Feeling more at home

I probably wiegh myself twice a week, always first thing in the morning.
I do my measuring on a Sunday night and don't have a routine for jumping on the scales.
My scales are about 1.5 Kg out (over) but this just gives me a bit of a guide as to how I am going in between the 4 weekly visit to the clinic.
Nect clinic visit on the 31st March.... cross fingers all good...

Jodie

Started Cohens on 3/2/08 at 95.5kg
1st goal lose 10kg Done (7/3/0 2nd goal 80kg (half way) Done (13/4/0 3rd goal 75kg DONE 4th goal is to just finish this program....
Old 09-07-2008, 00:06

Default Vote Now !!!

This is an older poll that I have bought up for the new members on the forum to vote in.

Andy

Tags
weigh