New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 26-03-2011, 19:05
Feeling more at home

Default New Rule!

Hi

I was wondering if there are any rules here, I know this is a support network but I am also tired of reading about some members negativity on here, seriously, at this stage in time this forum is my life line, and when you are feeling down and tired the last thing I want to read is how bad cohens is!!!

Please stop mentioning how other diets is better! I have nearly lost 10kg in the last 4 weeks, I need to loose 25kg(16kg left), I also know that this is not for the faint hearted so I say either do it and be commited or stop and stop filling peoples minds with negativity! I am totally over it!

Yip you are right today is one of the hard days for me, not food wise I just feel tired!

Hope I did'nt cross any lines!

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 26-03-2011, 19:39
Getting up again!

Default Re: New Rule!

Hi Chloe

I've never read what you are taking about? Unless you are reading peoples personal diaries, where they express their own emotions about how they are feeling?

other than that, every other post is generally positive and informative.

Everyone's journey is clearly different, some have good days, some have bad, some have 50+kgs to lose and are on an emotional journey as well as physical.

Its all part of the journey..

Hopefully you'll begin to see the positivity shine through as I do.
Old 26-03-2011, 20:17
Feeling more at home

Hi Michelle!

Thank you for stopping in, I realise people express themselves in this forum, but bagging this eating plan, could really cause doubt in a time of weakness!

We all have a history and part of finding yourself is letting go of the past and dealing with the emotions involved. I saw a couple of very negative remarks which directly doubt this eating plan and suggest that there might be better ways of doing it!

I hope you have a good day!
Old 26-03-2011, 20:22
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Chloe,

Quote:
I was wondering if there are any rules here,
The major rule is that "ONLY those who are doing Cohens can have a Diary". Others are welcome on here (if not, I couldn't be here ) to read, support, etc.

Quote:
I know this is a support network but I am also tired of reading about some members negativity on here, seriously, at this stage in time this forum is my life line, and when you are feeling down and tired the last thing I want to read is how bad cohens is!!!
On some occasions we take it upon ourselves to remove posts (when deemed required). Usually when someone "over-steps the mark" - but that doesn't happen very often at all, as we have a marvellous group of members who respect each other.

Like Mich, I suspect you might be reading a Diary - and, if so, it is up to them to say how they feel, etc.

But wait - there IS a solution for you !! If you go (top, right) to "UserCP" (User Control Panel) you can click on that, see at left "Settings and Options", and down in there is "Edit Ignore List". What does that mean?

It means YOU can choose to Ignore a particular member (or members). Add their name to the list, and you WILL NOT SEE their posts any more. How's that?

Koh
Old 29-03-2011, 12:51
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey Chloe...

Geezy geez do I know what you are talking 'bout

Personally, I have not found other people's struggles to affect me (or is that I have allowed them to? hmm). Their journey is their journey, mine is mine and that is that. If anything, I see them struggle and think to myself, no way am I going to deviate and risk having trouble getting back on the bus and lengthening my time on the program.

I remember a forum member, fornight (from maintenance section now) once apologised in her diary to say that she would be unable to visit other people's diaries and offer support, as people talking about deviating and struggling with the program (ie: mentioning names of things they deviated with- not helpful for someone trying to combat their own cravings).

So, maybe you should stick with some forum members who you relate most to (ie: similar amounts to lose, similar starting times, etc) and only view their diaries... Most of the other sections are safe.
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 29-03-2011, 14:47
Feeling more at home

Thanks Missy

I just felt a bit down as this lifestyle change is harder some days than others, and I just felt so upset when I saw a member questioning this program. I do feel much better now as I can start to slowly see the changes.

I started on the 3/3/11 with the program at 88.95 very similar to you, how long have you been on the program now?
Old 29-03-2011, 15:09

My NYF Diary

Hey Chloe,

Just heading towards my 6 week weigh-in... Though I have already 'done' Cohens and reached maintenance, but due to my own fault, I re-gained pretty much everything I lost. I originally started at 92kgs. So, I am preparing myself to lose a bit slower than others this time around.

I don't want my failure/s to put a bad light on Cohens... and if I didn't believe in the program 100%, I wouldn't be back on it, right? I just hope people can understand that.

My re-gaining was due to nothing else other than my own self-sabotage/self-destruction. And I promise that if the maintenance guidelines are followed, you won't regain! I did follow the guidelines at first, but after I went through a tough time, I went back to my old habits and self-medicated with food... Then I can thank my denial for why I put back on so much.

We do have similar starting weights... How long have you been on program now? Is your goal weight similar to mine?? Mine is actually lower than 66. 66 is what I got to last time but then I showed refeed symptoms and was advised to start refeeding even though my goal was 60-63. Recently they have started to account for age in the goal range, so my new Cohens goal range is like 55-58kilos... I will see how I go this time. My main concern, seeing as I am re-doing my program, is to at least get back to where I was, but unless I show signs for refeeding I will stay on Phase 1 for as long as it takes.
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

Old 29-03-2011, 15:49
Part of the Furniture

hi Lil_doll...

you regained all the weight you loss? because you did not follow the refeeding???
thats what the consultant said, and i thought it was not possible....

thanks for sharing.... when i get there i'll ask for some tips from you. if its okay....

one quick question: what is the most no!No! in the refeeding program?

BELIEVE AND IT WILL HAPPEN!! I CAN DO IT .......... ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!
Old 29-03-2011, 15:56

My NYF Diary

Hey BP...

No, I did follow 'refeed.' which is when you introduce different foods to your diet (like other proteins, other vegies and different fruit) and during this time, you are stabilising your weight... The next part is called 'maintenance' and you are technically a FREE agent, and you can eat whatever you want, but maintenance does come with some guidelines, so you can enjoy the foods you love, with the ability to 'reset'- which is when you go back on a Cohens' like diet (ie: not many carbs) for a few days and keep your body in balance. Do you know what I mean?

Refeeding is just like being on plan, you still weigh everything... but you get different choices It's fun... Oh my goodness, it's so fun! A bit of hard work, but worth it, as you get to taste food you haven't had for awhile and everything tastes soo strong!

Last edited by lil_doll; 29-03-2011 at 15:58.
Old 01-04-2011, 20:11
Feeling more at home

Hi Missy

My range is 61-64kg I will start refeed at 65kg. I cant wait to get there, I am now 4 weeks in and standing on 81kg so making progress, but I want it to be even faster as I am not the most patient person LOL. This might teach me to become more patient!

Hope you had a good week and that the weekend will be great!
Old 01-04-2011, 21:08
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Chloe's, if your range is 61-64kg, why are you going to start refeed at a weight above your range? Doesn't make any sense. If you can, you would be much better off going to the bottom of your range. It's easier to put on an additional kg or two if needed after you hit maintenance rather than trying to start going back to the programme and trying to psyche your self up to lose the couple more if need be. You cannot hurry the programme nor can you short circuit the programme. But you can sure stuff up yourself on maintenance if you are not careful, so it's wise to give yourself as much buffer to play with the learning curve as possible.

Just my POV. SMS
Old 01-04-2011, 23:59
Feeling more at home

Hi

I do not want to weigh 61 kg as I saw a photo of myself at that weight and I did not look good at all, just skin and bone! I want to be healthy, at 74kg I am in a healthy BMI by 65kg my BMI is 22. 65kg is what I use to be comfy with, and maintained this weight very well, coming to think of it that is where I sat most of my adult life untill falling pregnant with my boys! I am not doing this to make my life hell and to stress my self out with not being able to maintain, I know I looked amazing at 65kg, will again in 12 weeks time!
Old 02-04-2011, 15:28
Part of the Furniture

hi Chloe!

i'm sure you will make it there very fast! 20kg???
i have to lose 60 more kilos..... so i just have to be patient!

good luck
Beijingpal

Old 02-04-2011, 15:31
Part of the Furniture

Hi Lil_doll,

i agree. mee too i need to stay on phase 1 for a long long time, so i get into this new lifestyle habit! otherwise, i can also munch up and gain my weight in a week.
My weakness is peanuts, every time i see t i want to munch.....and it can add up to a lot of pounds , you knoww...

thanks for your note there, i realize i cant rush to finsih this program, as i had 40 years of bad eating habit, and it wnt hurt for me to maintain 2 years of correct eating habit.

take care,
thanks,
Bejngpal

Old 02-04-2011, 15:52
A NEW ME!

Me to i agree..I am in this for the long Haul.You cant change your eating habits overnight.Learning to eat the correct food is important to me and if i have to eat at 5 hr intervals for the rest of my life i will.Refeed is a long way a way but i hope the time i get there i will no longer wanna put junk in my mouth.
SundayMorning Staple i agree that i would like to be a couple of KGs under my goal before i start to maintain.Glad to see you have kept your weight down.
Gaylene

"JUST BECAUSE I CAN,DOESNT MEAN I HAVE TO".

Old 02-04-2011, 16:07
Feeling more at home

Hi!

I don't know why anyone thinks I am trying to rush this program, as I am not, the only reason I have decided my goal is 65 and not 61 is due to personal preference. I know my body very well and just prefer it at 65! Like I say each to their own and what they think is right for their bodies.

I am astonised to see all the great results members are having, I am enjoying the program and love the fact that I am eating healthy, I am so proud that I have not deviated, I do get bad days where I feel tired and irratable but that might just be a female thing and nothing to do with Cohens!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and see big no on the scales once again!
Old 02-04-2011, 17:27
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Hi Chloe

Just catching up on this thread, not sure what you are talking about saying the negativety, I found this forum quiet the opposite with people talking about how great the program is.

Any found all the encouragement and advice you could possibly need. I would hat to see it change and others have said it is people discussing their personal journeys and they should be able to express themselves as they like.

Hope you do find this forum has a lot of benefits as I certainly have.

Wendy

Start date: 2.01.2019

Ist Round
[I]Start Date: 30/08/2010 weight 98.7kgs reefed 14/4/11 at 63kgs[/I
Old 04-04-2011, 14:17

My NYF Diary

Hey Chloe,

I totally get why you would think 65 will be a great point to stop. We all had our little 'plan' in our heads when we started. Haha... The truth is, the figure we weigh is merely a number in regards to the program. The range we are given is just a range, not a set rule to go by... When you get closer to refeed, you will probably start to read more about it, and when it comes to 'hitting refeed' (when you are ready) the number and your weight don't have as much to do with it as you would think- considering it is something we alll focus on a lot.

It is all about refeed symptoms- not the actual weight you are. Getting to refeed, and then to maintenance, is about finding your metabolic equilibrium... and that is when you feel hunger like you have never felt before and some other symptoms (back pain, hollow look, being nasty as can be, etc), not just whether you get to a specific number or within your goal range. If you just stop the program before equalising your metabolism, there is a chance you will have trouble in maintenance.

Oh, and by the way, I am not trying to get you down or say that your idea is wrong or anything, but only going by the number on the scale is sort of missing the point of Cohens as a whole concept... and that is about fixing our bodies, fixing our hormones and the way we metabolise food. Remember this program was orginally designed to help women regain their fertility- and that isn't just about weight!

Also, some clinics wont give you your refeed until you are ready... regardless of whether you have hit your special number or not

Mine worked the other way, my consultant put me on refeed before I had met my cohens range- maybe the same will happen to you and you will feel refeed symptoms early (just as you wish), but only time will tell!!

Hope everything is going well!

Tags
rule