New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 08:11
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annagirl View Post
Step on the scales this morning and it warmed my heart, 600 grams lost since Monday, so close now!!

BUT...... Sooooo hungry! Like my stomach is empty all the time hungry, the good side to that is it makes me drink more water (trying to drown the hunger) and I think that is what has helped with my losses this week and last week.

Anna xxx

600g is amazing!! Your so so close!! I notice extra water brings better results too! Literally feel like Iím flushing the fat out of my body 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-11-2017, 09:04
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Annagirl- my journey to slim

Thanks Tess, yes I have noticed the same, I can be 100% cohens food but if I dont drink all my water and get a good sleep I just don't loose as good as if I do.

I am super close and also super hungry, hoping to last until Monday which is my usual weigh day but we will see if I can cope with this empty hunger for another 4-5 days.

Anna xxx

Finished refeed @ 25 weeks - lost 37 kg - 100 grams below goal.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:02
On my way - To a new me.

So I was planning on starting my refeed on Monday but now I am reconsidering much to the disgust of my partner, I think I still have some fat stores that need attacking to empty the tank completely, he thinks I am being obsessive but I feel like I am being practical, in order to keep this weight off long term I need to make sure I have blasted as much of the fat as I can so I can find the place my body wants to sit quite happily.

I still feel hungry like looking for food almost straight after eating my meals hungry and feeling near starving by the time 5 hours is up, but earlier in the week it was almost unbearable hunger so its better than that. So for now I am adopting a lets just wait and see what happens attitude. I know the scales are sitting at around 2.2-2.3 to goal and while I thought I would start 2 kg above goal I am going to see if I can push through that and get lower before I start refeed. There is safety in the fact that I have it in my possession already and if it gets too much I can start refeed.

Anna xx

Old 04-11-2017, 13:14
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Wow Annagirl, well done. Definitely sounds like it's time for refeed. I found I lost a little more on refeed itself and in the following weeks early in maintenance as I sorted my portions sizes out. From memory, it would have been another 3kg or so in total.

What i did notice though was that I stopped losing leading up to refeed and once there was a little more food in my belly, it dropped off again.

Whatever you decided, it is an exciting time. Congratulations.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:00
On my way - To a new me.

Week 23: -1.1kg
Total - 35.2 kg & 179 cms

This week has seen a steady loss but omg it has come at a cost, so hungry and I feel like sh*t, just out of sorts.
I rowed a rather big row yesterday and that really didn't help, this slim body of mine can do this so easily now and I am really proud of myself for that, we would have rowed approx 15 kms and I was rowing with the really experienced rowers and keeping up but I am fairly sure I have just dropped myself into starvation mode again because I feel truly awful today.

I can't decide whether to start refeed or hold off, I know I need more fuel but I want to make sure I have reached my body's equilibrium everyone keeps talking about rather than just loosing almost all the weight.

I still have a protruding tummy which I don't know if it is the reality of 3 kids in 3 and a half years and no matter how thin I get its going to be there or if its still fat I can burn. I cannot believe the difference the last few kgs have made to the shape of my body which is another reason I want to get as close to goal as possible, I am also sitting between sizes which is a bit annoying, I am sitting between an 8 and a 10 the only problem being that if I do finish at an 8 its a struggle to get clothes long enough because I am so tall.

Thanks for your visit Collie, I am struggling to know what to do, I work best in black and white, this will happen etc and if I knew I would loose 3kgs in refeed and maintenance then I would definitely start but I don't know that, I am pretty all over the place actually lol everyone thinks I am becoming too obsessive and loosing too much, I am just like seriously I haven't had bacon, peanut butter or a drink in 23 weeks, I plan on doing this to the bitter end so I don't have to do it again in the future and deprive myself of these things again!

Anna xxx

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05
On my way - To a new me.

Woot Woot off to refeed I go............

Old 07-11-2017, 10:07
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Anna,

I am happy for you - your body seemed to be trying to get your attention for a wee while now....
Quote:
omg it has come at a cost, so hungry and I feel like sh*t, just out of sorts.
Yep, that's some of the Refeed symptoms. Expanding, I recall hearing you were feeling like you needed more food within an hour after eating !! That's a big sign right there - but then, that could also have been the rowing.

Made it hard to judge, eh? Still, I am happy to hear you are "into it". This is a time to continue weighing daily as you watch for any problems from "re-introduced foods".

Keep in mind that your new body is pretty much FREE of toxins right now - that includes excess sugar, and any excess carbs. The Refeed process is to introduce "new" foods in a controlled manner, and MONITOR what happens with each one.

So now, more than ever, keep a journal, and watch everything like a hawk. You need to KNOW if a particular food type sends your weight upward quickly (so you can remove it from your future meals). And, as mentioned, if your body still has a need to drop some more weight, IT WILL as more food comes down the pike.

Here's a link that gives the idea:-
http://newyouforum.com/forum/showthr...380#post191380

Do read the whole thread - I know it is getting ahead a bit (as it was for Maintenance) but the thoughts therein are still valid re "Sometimes you need to eat MORE to shed weight!"

And once in Maintenance, do stay careful for a few months - Refeed is not long enough to check out every food combination there is, so softly, softly !!

Good luck, champ !!

Koh

Tags
annagirl , journey , slim