New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 22-01-2010, 13:20
Part of the Furniture

Default Re: Surviving in Singapore

If anyone's looking for Blackmores Vitamins they have them in Robinsons (20% off) and Guardian (smaller range) in Centrepoint.

Start date: 1/1/2010 at 101.7kg

Started re-feed 31/7/2010 at 64.1kg

Started maintenance 21/8/2010 at 62.3kg

Maintenance mantra: Life is about choices, I'm choosing to be slim.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:28
Looking fwd to the 50s...

Bumping this thread up. Ok after almost 10(??) 1kg of Marigold, I discovered today that there is inulin... I wonder why I didn't see this thread earlier.

Does anyone know if the Yoplait brand has inulin? I really want yogurt but I don't want to continue with Marigold if there is inulin because my weight loss seems to have slowed down! THANK GOD I did not replenish my yogurt supplies today at NTUC.

Very frustrated now and I believe my weight loss stalled mainly due to that. Having egg and veggies for Meal 1 tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31

Read from the yogurt thread that Yoplait is allowed. Guess I have to buy Yoplait from tomorrow onwards if I want yogurt. I am thinking perhaps I should stop for a while.

Angry at myself for not checking!!!! This is because I have been taking Marigold since precohens days so I just continued. No wonder I felt that I gained more weight instead... angry angry angry

Last edited by divineparadise; 03-03-2010 at 02:33.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hey Divine P

Are you in Singapore? I have just bought my first tub of yoplait... just wondering if we are having the same one? Mine has 2% fat, and I am used to having a zero % fat yogurt, and the plan says less than 2% (so I have been mixing 2% with the zero %, haha)... My yoplait has no inulin...

I might go check out the yogurt thread

xoxo
Missy
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 03-03-2010, 19:23

Hi Missy yes I am in Singapore. I will also be getting the Yoplait one most likely but only after I get over the fact that my oversight will probably cost me this week's weight loss. I will be having eggs for breakfast for the rest of the week I think!

I also plan to alternate my breakfast of egg and yogurt. The yoplait one costs much more you see and its not that widely available.
Old 04-03-2010, 17:03

brooklea natural fat free (0.1g per 100g) tub set
no artificial sweeteners, gluten free,low gi, no added sugars. contains skim milk, non fat milk solids and live cultures
tastes marvellous with fruit and hasnt killed me yet- i have it 5 mornings a week
cheers
mark

Start- 184.9kg, Goal 84.9 Current 84.3kg Centimetres lost: 248
New Goals
to get yacht built- Blog here if interested
http://the-making-of-didiki.blogspot.com/
Looking good, feeling good. If I wasn't so busy I'd date myself
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance
Wherever you go, you will still be there
Old 08-03-2010, 16:10
Part of the Furniture

I just finished my "bought in Perth" beef fillet. I was in Cold Storage on Thursday and bought 3 small packets of lean Aussie beef for $20 (yikes). I wouldn't mind so much but when cooked at steak it tasted like shoe leather.

This morning I went to NTUC (Bishan). They had whole beef fillets at $19.95/kg. They weren't on display, but when I asked they were available. Spent $45 and now have 20+ meals.

Start date: 1/1/2010 at 101.7kg

Started re-feed 31/7/2010 at 64.1kg

Started maintenance 21/8/2010 at 62.3kg

Maintenance mantra: Life is about choices, I'm choosing to be slim.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:48
On my way - To a new me.

Hi, I'm new in this forum, been on Cohen for 3 weeks now and based in Singapore.

I wonder if there has been a list/discussion on what we could have when we're unfortunately stuck in a local kopitiam, with no Subway or other suitable Cohen foods nearby.

Apologies as I do not meant to tempt anyone, just wonder other than the obvious ones to avoid, is there any local food alternatives (ie. fish-soup? grilled fish? yongtaufu? etc), as I realized I might have accidentally deviated today, as I made wrong choices (some pictures could be deceiving).. so sad now..

Any feedback will help..

Old 29-08-2011, 01:51
Feeling more at home

Hi all,

So is marigold non-fat non sugar allowed since it contain inulin...

The consultant in Singapore office says it is ok and flamie has taken it during the first phrase... Seem ok for her.. I am so confused..:
Old 29-08-2011, 12:57
On my way - To a new me.

Hi NP - I read on some thread/post before.. inulin has effect on some people (gets hungrier), if it doesn't affect you.. then should be okay to take. Marigold is okay for me too.. or probably it's just me who were not so in-tune with my body.. to identify hungry or plain headache..LOL

Old 29-08-2011, 13:11
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee1848 View Post
Hi, I'm new in this forum, been on Cohen for 3 weeks now and based in Singapore.

I wonder if there has been a list/discussion on what we could have when we're unfortunately stuck in a local kopitiam, with no Subway or other suitable Cohen foods nearby.

Apologies as I do not meant to tempt anyone, just wonder other than the obvious ones to avoid, is there any local food alternatives (ie. fish-soup? grilled fish? yongtaufu? etc), as I realized I might have accidentally deviated today, as I made wrong choices (some pictures could be deceiving).. so sad now..

Any feedback will help..
Hi Dee

When you are unfortunately stuck in 'kopitiam' - opt for the steamed chicken breast meat (about $4) to meet your protein and then ask for a LOT of cucumber or the boiled vege without the oyster sauce. You'll survive on this perfectly and there's almost always a chicken rice stall in every kopitiam?

Reckon fish soup (don't know what they put into the soup) plus the yong tau foo all retain water. I've tried ample times, and the chicken + cucumber gives you the Cohen results
23 Feb START: Goal 1: 79.9kg9Mar|Goal 2: 75kg5APR| Goal 3: 69.9kg5MAY|Goal 4:65kg9Jun|Goal 5:59.9kg23Jul| Goal 6: 55kg01Sep|Goal 7:Refeed@53kg|End Refeed@54.7kg
I'm MANGOIFICENT X6 and WATERWISE!!! X5

Last edited by FlaMie; 29-08-2011 at 13:14.
Old 31-08-2011, 07:16
I'm new, please be nice to me.

Hi Everyone !

A newbie here, just wanted to ask cause my app. to see the clinic at Orchard is next week, they told me that the program fee is 1600 SGD.. Is that right?? Or have I just been quoted an ang moh price? May I ask around how much each of you have paid. It really makes no sense when the same prg in Australia is 700 the SGD/AUD is not double?

Many Thanks for your kind assistance
Old 31-08-2011, 12:01
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duci View Post
Hi Everyone !

A newbie here, just wanted to ask cause my app. to see the clinic at Orchard is next week, they told me that the program fee is 1600 SGD.. Is that right?? Or have I just been quoted an ang moh price? May I ask around how much each of you have paid. It really makes no sense when the same prg in Australia is 700 the SGD/AUD is not double?

Many Thanks for your kind assistance
Hello Duci, that's the same price I paid in Mar 2011 though it was much cheaper years ago. You could opt for installment through various credit-cards

Last heard, the program now last for 6 months only, as compared to previously 12 months (like mine is 12mons). Mainly because dieters tends to drag-on the progress and not commiting 100% thinking there is always TIME... So if you still not reaching the goal by 6 months, you'll be required to pay for another 3 months extension (think this is similar with AU/US)

Old 31-08-2011, 12:23
On my way - To a new me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaMie View Post
Hi Dee

When you are unfortunately stuck in 'kopitiam' - opt for the steamed chicken breast meat (about $4) to meet your protein and then ask for a LOT of cucumber or the boiled vege without the oyster sauce. You'll survive on this perfectly and there's almost always a chicken rice stall in every kopitiam?

Reckon fish soup (don't know what they put into the soup) plus the yong tau foo all retain water. I've tried ample times, and the chicken + cucumber gives you the Cohen results
Thanks Flamie, really good to hear back from fellow SG Cohenites... no wonder I gained back after a YongTauFu last month! For this or Fish Soup - I reckon is the dried prawn (haebi) or anchovies type of ingredient in the soup that causes water retention..

Old 31-08-2011, 12:35
From Fat to Freedom

Hi Duci! Paid the same price but my contract is a little different. I remember my consultant Innira asked me what a reasonable target date would be when I first went in. I didnt know how fast Cohen would work so I said 'by my 25th bday' which was about 19 months from that time. So that's what they gave me - 19 months to finish without having to pay again. I double-checked with her and she confirmed that as long as I finish within that time, I'll still get my refeed
http://www.twitter.com/goodlucktummy

Tags
jacobs , singapore , sprite , surviving