New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 24-04-2010, 07:34
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Andrea's Diary

Hi there everyone, just started my programme two days ago. So far so good! Not really hungry so am pleased about that. Missed having a sleep in this morning - I dont get the opportunity very often! Still, I figure six months is not THAT long to wait for a real sleep in when I have spent years getting into the shape I am in now!! Looking forward to meeting you all as I start to look around the forums.

If its going to be, its up to me! Start Date 22 April 2010 97.2kg Refeed Start 22 Oct 2010 61.2kg Maintenance Start 9 Nov 2010 60.3kg
Month 1=8.2kg Month 2=6.2kg Month 3=6.1kg Month 4=3.4kg Month 5=4.9kg Month 6=4.8kg (1 Month=4 weeks)
Old 24-04-2010, 13:33

Default Re: Andrea's Diary

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Look after yourself for the next few days - you may experience some detox symptoms such as headaches so be kind to you.

The next few weeks you should start feeling that ole loose clothes feeling - does that get you motivated! There are lots of wise words and good strategies on the forum so pull up a chair, make a pot of tea and get browsing - read the stickies at the start of every section first.

Looking for ward to following your journey,
Shanara
To live my life from a place of deepest love, reflecting this knowing in my outer world as well as my inner world. Living in integrity, with an open heart honouring my agreements with self and others.
Old 24-04-2010, 15:04

Hi Andrea, welcome to the forum and it is great to see we have another New Zealander here. Ladybird has started a post for us to see how many of us there are and where we come from.It is near the bottom of the home page and it is called Get Togethers.All the best.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5

Last edited by mumandnana; 24-04-2010 at 15:15. Reason: Wrong name for posts.
Old 24-04-2010, 20:05

Thanks for the welcome Shanara & Mumandnana. I have been and posted on the kiwi page, will be great to get to know some 'locals'. Just finished my food for day 3. Hubby feeling guilty about sitting next to me eating potato chips. They are a treat for him and he is not overweight so I dont have a problem with it. He cant believe I am not hungry after seeing my meal portions and that I am not tempted by the treats I got him today. Bought them to prove to myself that I can do this programme and stay 100% and not make all the skinny males in the house suffer by missing out on their treats! I am a caterer, with my commercial kitchen just out the back door of our home, so hubby is a little worried about how I am going to cope as I am surrounded by food all day but I am not even phased. I have been waiting a long time to do this weightloss thing once and for all, and really believe I will achieve what I want to on this programme. Saw my counsellor yesterday and she asked me where I thought my weaknesses would be with this, and what temptations would hamper me, and I told her, and really believe, that THIS time, and THIS programme will work for me so I am totally committed to following it 100%. Trying to explain to 18yo son (training to be a personal trainer) why I can't exercise, and he is not too sure about that as he is being taught how important exercise is for weightloss! Told him I was on a scientifically proven programme and that once I have lost the weight he can design a training programme for me to help me keep it off when I am allowed some more food. For accountability I have posted my 'ticker' on my facebook page, not sure if that is brave or stupid!! Have had some positive feedback from that already from friends that have lost or are trying to lose weight as well. Well off to read some other posts, will check in again later.

If its going to be, its up to me! Start Date 22 April 2010 97.2kg Refeed Start 22 Oct 2010 61.2kg Maintenance Start 9 Nov 2010 60.3kg
Month 1=8.2kg Month 2=6.2kg Month 3=6.1kg Month 4=3.4kg Month 5=4.9kg Month 6=4.8kg (1 Month=4 weeks)
Old 24-04-2010, 20:09

Welcome - it sounds like you really have your head in the right space and determination is strong. Keep at it and you WILL get there, Also stay plugged into the forum as you will pick up hints & tips - and be encouraged on your journey.

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: x 2
"Tonight, when you lay your head on your pillow, forget how far you still have to go. Look instead at how far you've already come."
Bob Moawad
Old 24-04-2010, 21:02
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Andrea,

Wow, that's a helluva post you made there. How good is it that you work with food, but can stay true to Cohens !! Good on you

And allowing others to "be themselves" at the same time is awesome. Like MumChum, it strikes me that you WILL succeed with this, so....

Go, you !!

Koh
Old 25-04-2010, 21:28

A cousin I had not seen for over 20years and her husband are staying the night on their trip around NZ tonight, so we had a family dinner at my place, with me doing the cooking for them all. What fun, I loved the look on all their faces when I bought out MY dinner. Explained I was on a new programme and I had to be very strict, so I hope they didn't mind, but I was going to eat and enjoy my meal and that they should do the same without worrying about my portion. I cooked one of my 'before' favourite meals and dessert for them and didn't mind in the least that I couldn't partake. Day four today, and it has gone quick. Cant wait for my first weigh in, but it is still over a week away and I am determined not to get onto my digital scales and weigh myself before then. Want to REALLY appreciate and savour that first weigh in.

Old 26-04-2010, 17:03

I am REALLY tired and more than a little grumpy!! I started my programme when I knew I would be busy as I thought that would help with any hunger pangs. I haven't really had any hunger pangs so that has been a real positive. Todays catering engagements meant that I didn't get lunch til 3 so cant have tea til 8 and I just want to go to bed. Being very busy has meant not really having time to 'care' for myself during the first week of starting this programme, and boy, am I feeling that right now. I just dont how I am going to stay awake long enough to eat my dinner - already prepared - and then stay up another two hours before I can go to bed. So, oh woe is me and consequently not much company for anyone else at home. Guess 'that time of the month' isnt adding to the joy today.

Old 27-04-2010, 20:18

I can't believe I am at day 6 already, had to stop and count just to make sure. My first weigh in is still 6 days away and I can't wait to see how much I have lost. Already a pair of pants that I had to undo when I was sitting down, are now comfortable. Hubby reckons he can see a difference already. Today was a little challenging in the kitchen. We were making a new slice today and I will have to rely on someone else deciding if it is good or not. That is hard when you are a caterer. I wasn't tempted to try it but it is hard to come to grips with the fact that my business is now in someone elses hands when it comes to testing new things and ensuring that everything that leaves the kitchen is at the standard I require.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to drink TOO much water? I am drinking at least 3 litres a day but often 4+. I feel great and can see a real difference in my face, my eyes seem so much brighter and alive. Maybe that is just the hope that I have and the belief that this is my time to look after me.

I have been reading a lot of the new diaries and it is really encouraging reading other peoples journeys. I dont really feel confident about adding my 'two cents worth' as I am such a newbie myself but maybe as I keep reading I will begin to feel that I 'know' you more and that will give me the confidence to post replies.

Off to read a bit more while I wait for the electric blanket to heat, hoping you have all had a great 100% day.

Old 28-04-2010, 07:18
I am here for good

Hi Andrea

This thread may answer some of those questions you have and may help you out on your journey

Yes, it is possible to drink too much water - see the thread about that one.

I reckon with all the weight loss you will have, it will be great marketing for your business: "Look at me - you can eat all the yummy food ai eat and still be thin" LOL And I am very jealous of your access to a personal personal trainer post-program.

The tiredness etc will pass and TOM won't be helping. Be aware that TOM may also interfere with your weigh in results as most of us on here find that our weight loss slows down - or sometimes we gain a few 100g - during the week of TOM (that is one of the reasons the program says to weigh monthly as it evens things out).

Cheers
jlou

Start 91kg on 5 December 2009 Started Maintenance 64.3kg on 15 July 2010
Goal to be under 3kg of maintenance start weight on the 15th of every month
Maintenance mantra: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!
I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 6
Old 28-04-2010, 10:21

Hi Andrea - just a quick question - when you are soooo tired - are you able to squeeze in a "nana nap" before dinner? I have found myself sitting up & going to sleep waiting for the 2 hours and when I mentioned it to the clinic they said "GO TO BED!" lol. I think the sleep is more important than the 2 hour rule - especially when you ARE really tired.

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: x 2
"Tonight, when you lay your head on your pillow, forget how far you still have to go. Look instead at how far you've already come."
Bob Moawad
Old 28-04-2010, 10:37

Thanks jlou have been and read all that info and more, it was very helpful. I am not trying to drink 4 litres it just seems to happen, as I work in a commercial kitchen it can get very warm and I just keep drinking water. Will check with the clinic when I have my weigh in.

Mum Chum - yay for 'nana naps'. The other night I ended up falling asleep in the chair waiting for the time to pass. Will try the nana naps in future, my hours can be very erratic so I had been used to taking a nana nap when necessary, but thought on this programme it interferred with the 'process' so had just been solidering on to the point of exhaustion. Well, back to the kitchen for now, have a huge week of catering, but have arranged to have Monday off for my first weigh in and decided to book a massage too!

Old 28-04-2010, 10:53

Hi Andrea
MumChum is right - it is better to go to bed and get a good nights sleep to let the hormones do their magical thing, than struggling to keep to the 2hrs after dinner "rule". However that said, I certainly would "try" to keep to the programme as much as possible. I find it hard when caught out and having to have a late lunch just throws me at night. There are many mornings where I have jumped out of bed around 5.30 (and believe me I LOVE to sleep in) just so I can get on the scales and have a quick breakfast (usually Yoghurt as it is so easy), if I know I need an early lunch, because of something happening in the afternoon.
You are doing well and that first weigh in is going to be a real buzz for you.
LB x
100% Cohens Christmas I'm MANGOIFICENT x 9 - I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 2
Old 28-04-2010, 12:46
On my way - To a new me.

Wow good on you being able to stick with the program I can imagine that catering would make it alot more challenging then any other profession I made a roast with gravy on the weekend and it was soo hard not to test the gravy to check if it was seasoned properly.

I work some nights untill 8pm so I hear ya with the 2.5 hours thing but it does give me time to catch up on the forum!

Old 28-04-2010, 13:01
I am here for good

This is the best guideline to follow if you are eating late:

Rule of thumb: If you are thirsty, drink the water. It is more people who are making themselves drink more thinking it will help them lose weight faster.

Start 91kg on 5 December 2009 Started Maintenance 64.3kg on 15 July 2010
Goal to be under 3kg of maintenance start weight on the 15th of every month
Maintenance mantra: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!
I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 6
Old 29-04-2010, 19:39

I would love to stay up for the two hours I am meant to after eating my dinner and read some more diaries, but I am exhausted again so will just have to go to bed. Had two functions on today, one for 300 and one for 55, got another one for 250 tomorrow and 70 on Sunday so really need this relatively early night to get some rest. I am SO looking forward to taking the day off on Monday for my first weigh in and a massage, think I will have earnt it by then!! I did get my sister to take my measurements today as it is day 8 for me and I just needed to see SOMETHING in black and white that shows all my hard work is paying off. I have lost a total of 7 cms. Dont know if that is good bad or ugly but it IS a sign that the weight is coming off.

Old 29-04-2010, 20:00
Part of the Furniture

Hi Andrea! I haven't had a chance to pop in and say 'hi' until now, so HI!

You sound really good - positive and confident! Keep it up!

You'll have the best surprise on Monday at your 1st weigh in, I'm sure.

Your business sounds exciting and very tiring at the same time - 300 people today + another 250 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

* Start: 25March10
* Goals: 69.5 * 63.5 * 59.5 * 57.5 * Refeed * Maintain * 57kg in 2015 * 58kg in 2020 *
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48

Hi Andrea, you are amazing catering for soooo many ! I am a wreck trying to cook for a few people.You are doing great on Cohens and I can't wait to see your results.All the best.

I'M BERRYLICIOUS! x 5
Old 01-05-2010, 11:53

Thanks kenga and mumandnana for dropping by.

It is 1.25pm on Saturday afternoon, and I am sitting here in my dressing gown! I am still tired after last nights function. Supper didn't get served til 10PM!!!! as the guest of honour spoke for 30mins longer than he was supposed to. We didn't get home til 11.30, think I was in bed within 15mins. I had to force myself out of bed to eat breakfast and havent really moved since. Couldn't even be bothered with my fruit and CB when they were due, first time since I started. Have another long afternoon and evening - when I finally move my big butt - of preparation for tomorrow nights dinner for 70 as we haven't had any spare time to do anything towards it other than make the chocolate brownie for their after dinner 'sweet'. Haven't made the sweet offerings for the church cafe yet either. It amazes me that I can be making all this stuff and have absolutely no desire to eat any of it. That sure wasn't the case 11 days ago! I have learnt in the last 10 days just how much 'picking' at food I was doing when preparing for functions. I had to really concentrate last night to stop myself (out of habit) from eating the grapes and strawberries while I was making up the cheeseboards, and not to eat any of the crackers.

Oh well, enough rambling and procastinating, time to move. I am really looking forward to Monday, only TWO sleeps, til my first weigh in and being able to spend some time catching up on everyone else diaries. Might even give myself Tuesday off too.

Hope you are all having a great deviation free weekend, catch up soon.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:06
Feeling more at home

Hey Andrea, well done on a fantastic job so far! Monday's results will be fabbo I'm sure of it!!

The second mouthful is so much harder to resist than the first!

Tags
andrea , diary