New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 19-08-2016, 06:59
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Re: Journey to a New Me

Hi STSK

We went overseas for a holiday with friends just after starting and as my consultant said there will always be a reason not to start. I didn't take my scales but guessimated weights - even after a couple of weeks you get a good idea on how much you are allowed. There always seems to be a chicken salad or streak on the menu - just make sure to ask for dressing on the side.

Also -food/meals do not make a weekend away. Yes, you can still go to a cafe and have coffee/tea etc and the money you save by not having wine/dessert etc allows for more fun activities. Enjoy the time away with the two of you, and don't allow meals to be part of the trip.

I know it may sound tough, but to succeed with this programme you need to be deviation free as there will always be reasons for "just this once".

If you do stay true to the plan while away, I promise you that you will feel stronger, happier within yourself and lighter therefore closer to goal weight than you went away.
WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 21-08-2016, 19:55
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Hello ladies!

@STSK: for my trip in October, Im also thinking of carrying the food scale with me, but I don't know if I will be able to use it. Luckily, my friend said she will postpone this destination wedding and save up some more. Im sure if you put your mind into it, you can be deviation free while travelling. I've read some of the posts of people who were successful on this but not me.

Update: Im glad to have successfully gotten back on the bus. Been deviation free since the anniversary (except for the meal timings that somehow I cannot keep, I end up eating late!).

However, I am suffering the consequences of my cheat day. I barely lost anything and scale seems so stubborn, or it is my fats that are stubborn. I just cant get up to -5kg and its almost 30 days soon.

I don't know if I made it clear before that I deviations are in no way ok or allowed. It is definitely not worth it to give in to your cravings or to the temptations that come your way. See the struggle that Im having now? Definitely not worth it. However, my cheat day is not out of whim, not an urge that I gave into. I had my reasons. And as much as I am suffering now, Im still not sorry. I just have to accept the fact that this is going to take a much longer time than I expected.. sheesh.

TOM is approaching.. feeling all meh, cramping and just so not in the mood.

Hope everyone is well!!

www.perfectversionofyou.blogspot.de
Daily Temptations List 2019 | 2014

Old 22-08-2016, 09:03

That is a great post ME.

Deviations are not allowed and are really discouraged but as you stated in a previous post, your deviation was not due to lack of control as you thought long and hard, knew the consequences and decided there are some things in life where Cohens takes second place. You have highlighted the downside of deviating, and yes, going off plan will affect weightloss but so will eating patterns, TOM, reshaping etc -our bodies do test us at times.

Wishing you happy news on the scales soon.
WB

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves"
Sir Ed Hillary
Old 22-08-2016, 16:52
Refusing to give up......

Sometimes I can't find words but just want to say I'm following your journey and keeping my eye on you. You got back on just as you said you would, and I knew you would too!
Soleil xx

Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 23-08-2016, 04:41
Returning 1pd :)

Thank you all for the advice and Mesmer, thank you for how candid you have been! Its such a help and support.

Mesmer, you are doing so great, deviation free and just kicking butt. Keep it up. Whenever TOM is around the corner, I always retain water like crazy. That could explain your slower than usual loss too. Once it starts the kgs may fall off fast.
Old 25-08-2016, 06:36

Talking Re: Journey to a New Me

Hey Mesmer!
One more thing... Reading your post, I can't help but feel for your frustration.

I do honestly believe that one day off plan is in No way going to stop you from losing weight for a whole two weeks. I think the number on the scale has way more to do with water retention than anything else.

The thing about this diet is, it works. When you are on plan, you lose weight. That's it. That's why so many of us are back. We know it works.

I know it may feel like an impossible request, but could you stay off the scale until TOM begins?

I expect once it starts and that water takes a hike, then all the sudden in a day or two you'll be way down. Until then, just stay the course and know it works. Know that you are doing everything in your power to lose those kilos.

I'm really impressed by your strength to stay deviation free. It is my fear that I would never have your strength. That's part of why I wanted all that advice from you!

Hang in there girl! You got this!!!

Old 25-08-2016, 15:15
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

@STSK: Aw... thank you for your message :* Im flattered that you are reading my blog posts!! I went all on a rant there now did I? Just hoping people will take heed when they think of deviating with my detailed record of frustration hahahah.. I just had it yesterday morning! And when I am pissed at something, I feel like going against the grain! I just wanted to chuck it and eat the most evil thing I could with my middle finger up as I eat it! jeezz..

Maybe Im boggled because I never experienced this the first time around, so its a bit difficult to wrap my head around the delay. But I think today is going to be a better day, I feel TOM is going to flow today *fingers crossed*. Im regular its just that the way it comes is as prolonged as it should be (every single time!).. and that aint comfortable.

Not going to weigh and measure until after TOM. I just need to get over it. I have a nice weekend planned with friends and Im just going to enjoy that.

Being deviation free after a big deviation is not easy, I honestly don't know how I managed to do it, because I failed so many times before (while trying to get back on plan with my 1st plan). The few things I can think of that helped me:

1. Being fed up of starting over, and over again. Day 1 just didn't seem to end, and that is something frustrating. I don't want to experience that anymore.

2. I have a counter on the main screen of my phone, and I have set it to countdown from 120 days til goal. Every time I look at my phone, I see this number and the smaller the number goes, I see what I could possibly giving up in terms of number of days I've given my effort to stay on plan, and of course that means Im also closer to goal...

3. Blogging and being on this forum daily, even if Im not browsing, just seeing this forum reminds me that I am in here consciously.

So far that helped. I know how strong hunger and cravings can get and I hope it will work for me until the end.

I got this.. yes.

Last edited by mesmer_eyes; 25-08-2016 at 15:19.
Old 31-08-2016, 18:13

Yep you've got it you've absolutely GOT THIS!!!!
I see -6.1kg on your ticker, boom!!! On your way!!!

Soleil xx

Old 01-09-2016, 08:13

Mesmer! My hero! 6 KG down!!!! YES!!! Wahoo! congrats!
I LOVE your blog! It's my go to. Always makes me feel so much better...I'm reading it going...ME TOO! yep! Uh huh!
Lol, it is so nice to have such an honest account of the day to day struggles. I quoted you the other day, told my husband "The struggle is real!" Lol!
I'm seriously so inspired by how you've hung in there despite the mental battle the scale was giving you.
One thing, my TOM is more than 2 weeks late. Sounds like both of us have had delayed that with the diet. Weird. I took a test yesterday to make sure I'm not pregs (i'm not, phew!). But so strange that that would happen. Oh well, I guess I'll enjoy it for now.
Also, I weighed yesterday after traveling and then today to see if I had been retaining water and there was a whole kg difference! It's crazy how much water our bodies can hold on to.
Anyway, I'm glad that now the scale is starting to show all the progress you're making. You are kicking butt, keep it up!!

Old 02-09-2016, 18:16

What great determination you have ME! You will succeed in this with that kind of attitude!! You're doing so well already too! Love it!!

Louise

"Just follow the plan, maintain your new habits and you will be rewarded!"
Old 04-09-2016, 16:33
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Hello ladies! Hope all is well in the Cohen world

A few things, Im back in the Zone. I've been feeling this really good and positive feeling the past few days, which is good. Im also experiencing a loss in size. However the scale is really not cooperative, minimal losses since 31Aug. I don't know. Really throws me off, like this morning - up again. Its like a yo-yo. I know they said not to weigh everyday, but I do like to see it go down everyday just to see that Im doing it right. Tough with the scales. Normally I really don't trust the scales, I trust my clothes size and what I see in the mirror. Its just that one downside of this program is that we are predominantly judged based on our weight loss, which as I have read, not the sole indicator of health and fitness. Im sure we are losing weight from muscle mass as well and not actual fat.

Anyhow, will still continue to reap the benefits of eating clean. Im on this, and in it to finish!

Old 05-09-2016, 14:47

And finish you will!!!

I'm also a daily weigher, although now some mornings I just wake up feeling bloated and don't bother weighing because I 'feel' the weight is up, then the next day I'm positive 'surprised' when it's down. Little mind games

But I've always had different patterns of weight loss, my first ever attempt it was a constant -200g every day. Since then it was, nothing, nothing, then boom -400g, and another -400g, up +200g, nothing and up gain, then -600g up by +200g. That one was incredibly frustrating...Now with my 95 % attempt its constant -100/-200g followed by nothing days. But the pattern is down and that is all that matters

I love following your journey and I love the state of mind you're in at the moment! Cheering you along, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Soleil xx

Old 06-09-2016, 13:23

Nice going ME! That good and positive feeling is great isn't it? Being in the zone helps so much. I'm sure that you'll see the scales catch up with your cm losses soon but in the meantime enjoy the shrinking feeling, it's huge motivation in itself!

You are doing well Keep up the good work

Old 07-09-2016, 02:18

Yay Mesmer! Trust the clothes. It's sooo happening! Now that you're in the zone days and clothing sizes will fly by! Wahoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-09-2016, 16:15
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Thanks everyone for checking up on me and cheering me on. Feels good to have people who understand...

I think something is wrong with my scale, its just not moving. Hmmm.. because im now fitting into some of my old clothes but the scale has not moved down. But the last time I tried to test the theory of my scale being broken, well it turns out that it isn't? I weighed the same on another scale..

Oh well, I don't know what to do. My consultant pretty much said don't weigh yourself everyday and its like only my fault that Im frustrated because I chose to do so.

Im still deviation free though. Its way too easy to rebel or to give in. We just had braai yesterday and I was tempted to eat that goodness smelling sausage that was left (my favorite) and grab a handful of Cheetos cheese. Honestly, I sat there across both food having an internal battle in my head "just a bite, its protein!". But Im one of those people who keep looking at their phones and everytime I look, I see the number 84 (84 days to goal) and then I immediately thought of the 40 days (-1 the anniv) that I spent following the plan, and then I stop myself from grabbing that sausage. And then there was the Cheetos (again my favorite).. and the cycle repeats..

Jeezus. The control that junk had over me! amazingly strong. But my resolve is stronger I guess.. it didn't come easy though.

Hope everyone is well!

Old 08-09-2016, 19:55

Aah ME - I so get you on the daily/hourly struggles against temptation. It's like life becomes a constant decision making process and fight against oneself to not have this or that treat. Those who have never had to restrict what they eat have no idea of the number of correct choices we have to make each day.

Well done for resisting! You have great control and can do this! It's not easy at all but I'm so proud of you for staying deviation free!!

Louise

Old 12-09-2016, 15:55
On my way - To a new me.

My NYF Diary

Hello ladies! Im still here, still truckin and spending my holiday not really doing anything. So for those who read my blog, I deviated big time during dinner on Day 45. I didnít actually identify what stuff I deviated with because I am ashamed of it (if you read it , its not there, just a brief mention of a big deviation) but what is was, I deviated by first eating a lot more on Provitas (Cohen approved), then still trying, I made my compliant dinner (good) but then I just wanted to keep eating. I ate 1.5 bars of gluten-free chocolates (bfís left over, he didnít like them bec its not as sweet and it made him feel funny) then I kept looking for something else. An hour later I cooked 1 pack of instant noodles and 1 egg.

What the hell just happened? I was so good. Did a quick run through in my head what could possibly have caused it. I didnít write about it because I know I will analyze it bit by bit then before I know it I have a mile-long post. Its annoying. But basically it came down to two things: Sugar (from all those mangoes) and emotional eating (was feeling sad about something).

So this morning, sat outside early with my coffee and decided to listen to that academy (if you will) that I voluntarily signed up for just to feed my mind too about stuff that I wouldnít normally get aside for the world wide web. What I listened to couldnít be more on-time as it had validated those two things. Its basically about health and nutrition and it was filled with the agenda of selling a program. Well and good, fair enough. But the way it was structured, it had given key insights about why they have developed the program. Some of it are known to me, some clarified stuff for me, and I really learned from this masterclass.

So once it reached the meaty part of the masterclass, I just had to get my laptop to start taking down notes (3 pages on word doc I might add) because it was really insightful. I still need to edit it with the hopes of making it shorter. But there are some good lessons to take away from it so I wrote them down for reference in the future. And I think it would really help us along the way because it just hit some points straight down. It will be up soon so if you fancy a read, you can just check it out on Day 46.

Anyhoo, my stomach felt so bad yesterday and that was my cue that I did something very wrong, so I had my senna too, to which I benefited from this morning. What a relief to have everything out.

Again, today, I need to just dust this off and keep on going. Phew.
Hope all is well!

Old 12-09-2016, 16:12

It sounds like you are having some great breakthroughs in your mindset ME and it really is all about our mindset isn't it??

I've been thinking along the lines of seeing myself as a thin person with weight to lose rather than a fat person who will always be fat. For some reason, seeing myself as a skinny person with weight to lose makes me feel like a winner but if I look at myself as being a fat person who will probably always be fat I am setting myself up to fail and already a loser. It's a subtle difference but the focus is what counts I think.

So, you deviated and it's hard to get back on track but you can do it and get to your goal weight. I know you can!

Hope you have a great week.

Louise

Old 14-09-2016, 07:01

Hi Mesmer!!!
I'm reading your blog and LOVING the notes on nutrition. Sounds like a great lecture. But I love your input about it even more. I can relate to you on so many of your points.
I'm right there with you on the, WHY DO I HAVE TO WATCH WHAT I EAT? and others get to eat and eat and no problems. But yeah, its my body make up but also my flawed relationship with food.
I also really like what you said about ways to avoid hunger and unnecessary eating (by staying hydrated, eating small meals, avoiding sugar, eating a variety of natural nutrient rich foods).
It was such an insightful and helpful post. Thank you! Thank you!
Great job, by the way. You really met your deviation head on. I completely admire the way you got back at it DF the next day and then took the extra step to truly examine the mental and physical causes of deviations in general. That way you truly learned and grew from the experience. You are progressing physically and mentally. That is so cool and inspiring.
Great job M.E.!

Old 19-09-2016, 09:36

Hey Mesmer!!!
It's been a few days since we've gotten to hear from you. Keep us posted! The most important part of this journey is to just keep going!!! No matter what, we can't fail as long as we keep on going.
I've had a rough couple days, tried to cheer myself up by having my first meal with feta to mix things up. Then I ate out yesterday (weighed my portions) but it hasn't really reinvigorated me like I'd hoped. I need my forum buddies!
I hope we hear from you soon!
STSK

Tags
diary , journey , mesmer_eyes