New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 24-08-2011, 22:53
Part of the Mod Team

Default We Could Be Heroes!

G’Day

Well, I am sitting here working and before I move on to the next task have taken a quick visit to the Forum

I have meant to comment before, and certainly having been amazed at Baloo’s Hall of Fame http://newyouforum.com/forum/view.php?pg=nyf_hof and the truly stupendous amounts of weight lost. My paltry effort of 28 kilos in 25 weeks in 2006 looks quite insignificant, and yet even today when I mention it, people are amazed, sometimes quite shocked, that I shed 4 stone and 30% of my body weight in less than six months and lived to tell the tale.

Which brings me to:

Sapphire, Butterfly Dreaming, Scruffy’s Mum – GoodLuckTummy, Andy – mcpsych (with 100 kilos to lose - and lost!) and more, all with more than 50 kilos straight off the bat!

We just grit our teeth and off we go. Not without effort, anguish, daily commitment to the task, weighing measuring rationing and on and on it goes

If you lose 1 kilo per week, it would take a complete calendar year to lose 50 kilos, so to stay with the program and thus to lose (as Asy did) 88 kilos in 10 months (and then + refeed, 12 months) is just mind boggling

So this post is about the unsung heroes of this program:

You.

Man or Woman, young or old, we are all just amazing. We somehow heard about this program, stepped up and signed up, and here we are, having earnest discussions about the amount of wheat in curry powder and how much water to drink, cheering each other on with every 100 gram drop, so pleased when someone we have never met says that she has given away her size 28 pants and has put on a pair of size 18 jeans which have sat in the back of the wardrobe for 15 years

And when we eventually read that she has now bought a pair of size 10 skinny leg jeans, we are as pleased as if those jeans were for ourself!

This Forum is providing an invaluable service: It makes us visible, it shows us we are not alone, and it provides a place for us to be able to help and encourage others.

Yes, we all need a leg up occasionally, but it is when we offer the benefits of our experience to someone else that we really see what we have learnt and how far we have come.

So I just thought I would say:

Good on us all! Our example encourages other people to step out from under the tyranny of obesity. That we can do it shows that others can do it, and some of us are back on the program for the second or third time – for which there is no shame, sometimes it takes more than one go to get it ‘right’ and trying again just makes us human.

So let us congratulate ourselves

Hip, Hip, Hooray for Dr Cohen and his Amazing Life Style Weight Loss Program, and Three Cheers for us, as we walk the walk with friends beside us every step of the way!

Lotsa love

Kristine
And, of course, thanks to Asy and Koh and the Forum Moderators for such a well run and pleasant place to be!

Lost 28 kilos in 2006, 15 kilos twice since then, 25 kilos in 2017 and 12 kilos in 2019. 2020 was a struggle so back to lose 10 kilo in 2021. Looking Forward To It!

Last edited by Kohinoor; 24-08-2011 at 23:33. Reason: Recognising Baloo as the HoF creator, not me !!
Old 24-08-2011, 23:29
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: We Could Be Heroes!

Hi Kristine,

Aww, YOU are a hero, wee girl !! If the truth were told, I think you were the catalyst for much of what we have here today !!

Hehe, I'm picking you might shy away from that, but the truth can be found with a little searching

Anyway, what a GREAT "Kristine.. post", as usual !!

It prompted me to reply to your thread (that will have MANY smiles appearing, and having people thinking "Yeah, we did pretty damn good, eh?") to draw people out a bit more....

I wanted to draw on that enthusiasm to request MORE entries into our Hall of Fame !! BTW, HoF was never mine, but the brain-child of Baloo And a very worthwhile medal on the chest of NewYou.

I'd like to see it used MORE though, so (thanks to you, Kristine) I would urge ALL who have reached Maintenance to share YOUR story in precis' via the HoF. To do that, please fill in this form, and we will be HAPPY to include you too.
http://newyouforum.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=3

Don't be shy - as Kristine said, you are all heroes !!! You have beaten down your fears, and succeeded (even while others might have been railing against you - "Don't go lower now!!"..... you know....)

I should add, this is not set for "multiple use" - thus, it is your PRIMARY journey that is to be recorded in HoF. Do share your walk via the link above,

Koh

PS For the "Diary Link", simply click on your Diary to open it on the First page, then Copy the address (or URL) then Paste it into the HoF form.
Old 24-08-2011, 23:36
Part of the Furniture

What a fabulous post Kristine! I got goosebumps reading it.

This forum is such a wonderful place and I am so grateful it exists. There is so much to learn from, to share and the support is incredible. I do not believe that I would have signed up to Cohen's had I not found this program, spent some time lurking and found that it was not too good to be true. That person after person was successful in shedding their weight, when they had previously tried many programs without success.

It has changed my life and will continue to do so. I cannot put into words what that means to me. To be freed from the tyranny of obesity, such a blessing.

I would like to thank Asy, Koh and the moderators too. Without them and this forum, I fear that I would still be morbidly obese wondering if I could ever find a way out!

78 kilos lost in 12 months - thank you Dr Cohen

Spreading my wings in maintenance and hoping to add to my brood
Old 25-08-2011, 13:13
On my way - To a new me.

Great post kristine.
I love the forum as you pick up advice and all the positive posts from other cohenites helps to one along..
I was lucky enough to meet a few girls over the weekend how good it was to sit and chat all things cohens we all had our fat photo,s which was awesome and to see thats person in the flesh looking small and fabulous..
We all rock with this diet Im a convert for me this is a lifetime of change it will be cohens for ever..

Old 25-08-2011, 14:03
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Good job Kristine for the post... I think all the effort is definitely worth a cheer. For people who have never been on the programme - can making all kinds of remarks but at the end all, we are the greatest benefactors of all.

Cheers!
23 Feb START: Goal 1: 79.9kg9Mar|Goal 2: 75kg5APR| Goal 3: 69.9kg5MAY|Goal 4:65kg9Jun|Goal 5:59.9kg23Jul| Goal 6: 55kg01Sep|Goal 7:Refeed@53kg|End Refeed@54.7kg
I'm MANGOIFICENT X6 and WATERWISE!!! X5
Old 25-08-2011, 20:59
Understanding the new me

Kristine,

How inspiring is your post. I don't think any words need to be added. Its a brilliant post by you, while i have not been morbidly obese i have been obese for over 18 years of my life and this program is the first to free me from it.

I too could not have done the program without this forum, it has been a lifesaver for me. While our clinic/consultant is always there, its the forum friends who support, guide and urge us to the finish line along with the moderators who constantly provide support and guidance 24 hours a day.

Hugs Kristine your a special lady

What you think, you become
What you feel, you attract
What you imagine, you create.

Old 29-08-2011, 20:14
On my way - To a new me.

Go Kristine - you rock. Great post! <3

Old 30-08-2011, 05:23
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

I agree with you erynne, if we talk about cohens to non coheners they just don¡t get it, we are so lucky to have our form pals.
Old 31-08-2011, 14:12
From Fat to Freedom

Kristine! Just saw this now... honored to have been mentioned.

Thank you for the post - I sometimes get frustrated that I haven't reached goal yet and this post has reminded me of how far we've all come. The journey wasn't always easy, the road had lots of bumps and potholes, but here we are.

Here we are.

I am grateful to Dr. Cohen and if it's possible, even more grateful for this forum. I probably would've fallen off the bus (in fact, I would've probably run in the opposite direction) had I not found such a support system. Family and non-cohen friends can only go up to a certain point. I needed people who are going through what I'm going through...and thanks to new you, I'm building a new me.
http://www.twitter.com/goodlucktummy
Old 07-09-2011, 18:05
On my way - To a new me.

So, so true. Big thanks to Asy, as having this forum here just makes it all the more easier. Thanks to Kristine too, for putting it out there.

Old 07-09-2011, 18:19
More to learn

Hey Kristine - great post and just what I needed to hear as I'm getting back up on the horse after slipping over last year. What's amazing is knowing when you come back after having done refeed is knowing yourself as someone who can do it and has done it. That's my mantra at the moment - it didnt kill me last time and I looked amazing.

Thanks for geeing us all up - I love the inspiration to be found in this forum.

Cheers to us all indeed and good on us for not giving up but for doing something active to change our futures!! Kay.

Old 02-10-2011, 18:37
Coming back a second time

Ah, just what was needed for me right now. Reading the posts and i feel a surge of power and confidence. I did it once, i can do it again and i have learnt lots on the way. Thanks to you all.
Goal 3 68 kilo by 01/01/2012

Old 03-10-2011, 00:51
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Thanks Kristine for those great words - says alot about our humaness - being happy for other successes and cheering them on, even though we only know them in cyberspace . The battles we share are on the same ground - a healthy weight and lifestyle.

x 7 x1 Never, never never give up There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. MAINTENANCE 10/10/10

Tags
heroes