New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 22:06
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

My NYF Diary
Red face Crackers and fruit...

I'm wondering how people disperse their fruit and crackers throughout the day...just wanting some feed back to see if there's a better way than how I did it last time...
Cheers.
Old 05-07-2012, 22:36
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Crackers and fruit...

Hi busybee. I would have 1 vitaweat cracker with breakfast then 2 crackers at lunch, afternoon tea would be my first fruit then chicken salad for Dinner so my last fruit and 2 crackers would be used together to make the gingerbread cookies ( apple stewed with cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger with 1 sweetener added to 2 ground up crackers then baked into cookies) that made me full after dinner my hungriest time and felt like I was having a treat too! Good luck with your journey!
Old 05-07-2012, 23:55
Part of the Furniture

Hi busybee,

I would have one cracker at morning tea, two in the afternoon and then either two with dinner (if I was having my treat of cheesy garlic bread) or after dinner.

Fruit was after lunch and after dinner.

Hope it helps

Butterfly

78 kilos lost in 12 months - thank you Dr Cohen

Spreading my wings in maintenance and hoping to add to my brood
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Hi bee,

I do one cracker at brekky, fruit at morning tea, 2 crackers at lunch then second fruit and crackers with a coffee or diet coke at afternoon tea. That seriously feels like an extra whole meal........my original clinic back in 2009 suggested I do that. My hungriest times are always after school hours and before dinner........worked beautifully.

I don't like to eat after dinner......but some I know like supper....

Old 06-07-2012, 08:56

Gosh, I have the hungries this morning! I usually have one or two crackers for morning tea, usually with half an apple, and then have either one (if I had two in the morning) or two (if I only had one) and the balance of my fruit for afternoon tea. I like to save 2 crackers and a fruit for after dinner - and I want to use crackers in my dinner tonight, but I am hungry as! Tummy is rumbling away and it is distracting me from my work. Am drinking lots of water in case I am dehydrated.

Might try to quiet it with 2 crackers and a piece of fruit this morning! Will have my cup of peppermint tea in 10 minutes so will see how hungry I am after that - just have to last through till then!

I am almost at week sixteen and I still haven't really gotten into a routine of eating my crackers and fruit - except saving a fruit for after dinner.
First Round Cohens March 2012: 77.4 - 52.0 in 19 weeks
Second Round Cohens June 2013: 73.2ish - 53.6
Goal Range: 52-55kg. Ticker set for 52kg.
Refeed started on 16 Nov 2013

Old 06-07-2012, 09:12
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Mcbell if your body is starting to be ready for refeed........then nothing you do will help to stem the hunger.......you are so very very close now........yippee.......that you might need to be on the look out for the 'signs'.........

See how you go with this plan you've got......my memory is than when refeed is impending, the hunger only increases until you're pretty much ready to eat your right arm off!!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:33

Eeeek, scary stuff Collie - I have been so lucky with not feeling hungry (unless I am way late for a meal), so I am unaccostomed to it, and scared that it is just in my head!

Have had a cup of peppermint tea. I have had another 200ml of water, and now I am having a black tea with one sweetner in it before I succumb to food.... I am feeling the cold too - whereas yesterday I was not. I am wearing a merino singlet, long sleeved merino mountainbiking first layer top along with a gorgeous longsleeved merino Chalkydigits top, and my knee high merino socks under my jeans, so I am surprised that I am feeling so cold at the moment - this should be enough - the room I work in has a heatpump going and is generally warmer than the rest of the building.

Anyway, end hijack. Tummy not feeling so empty now that it has so much warm liquid in it, but I will definitely have to eat something pretty soon.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:56

Hi mcbell
I agree with Collie you body seems to be telling you to get ready to refeed.

As for the crackers and fruit I generally save them for throughout the day if I have with a meal I can not have it between. I find that I will have 1/2 fruit with yoghurt for breakfast during the week as easy on weekends I have egg so save the fruit. Morning tea will have 2 crackers then afternoon tea 1 cracker and a piece of fruit then after dinner the other 1/2 fruit and 2 crackers I do not have as a supper just an extension of dinner as really hungry and if I stretch it out while eating feel like having a treat. I can not go from meal to meal without having something in between just get too hungry. I was the same the first time around I tried using the crackers in recipes for the meals but did not sustain me to the next meal and struggled with that.

Wendy

Start date: 2.01.2019

Ist Round
[I]Start Date: 30/08/2010 weight 98.7kgs reefed 14/4/11 at 63kgs[/I
Old 06-07-2012, 10:07

Well, my blood test is tomorrow, and I am heading into the clinic for a weigh in and to order refeed on Tuesday.....really want to wait till I am back from my trip on the 23rd before I start the refeed process - my last weigh in at the clinic had me at 56.4, my goal is 52-55kg, and I was hoping to last till I was 54 at the clinic before starting refeed - there is plenty to go on my tum tum, love handles and upper thighs!

Anyway, will keep an eye on it. I have been waking up at stupid times (2:50am - 3:50am this morning, then went back to sleep), and I do have a bit of backache (but my back is quite bony compared to my front), but might be making it all up! Will have some food, keep the water up, concentrate on work and pay attention to myself!

Edited to add - I think it was a false alarm - I held out until 11:20am then I ate two vitawheats slowly while dipping them in my americano. I think I might just be getting to the stage where I might "need" all my crackers and fruit, instead of me just being greedy and eating them all every day whether I was hungry or not.

Last edited by mcbell; 06-07-2012 at 12:01.
Old 06-07-2012, 14:16
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

The sleep going haywire is another symptom mcbell........I started randomly waking up at all hours of the night and feeling WIRED and unable to get back off to sleep......and then felt like crap the next morning from no sleep......Energy also got low........you're know you are so so so so so close.....

Old 06-07-2012, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
The sleep going haywire is another symptom mcbell........I started randomly waking up at all hours of the night and feeling WIRED and unable to get back off to sleep......and then felt like crap the next morning from no sleep......Energy also got low........you're know you are so so so so so close.....
Hmmm, the scales aren't so close though - although I have stated that I would listen to my body, and if I couldn't hold out I would do refeed when I needed to.

I have just had half a rice wafer and an apple, and my tummy is feeling empty/hungry. I have already hit my caffeine and sweetner allowance for the day (so much for my sweetner free day) so I am chewing an old piece of gum until I get my head into something/head home and have a nice long hot shower to take up time before dinner..... I have even pierced the jube lollies from yesterday (on a tissue in my desk drawer) to release more scent and I am sniffing that. Not sure if that is actually going to help.

Will soldier on and drink lots of water - again, end hijack

Old 06-07-2012, 14:35
Just keep swimming.....

My NYF Diary

Talk to your clinic........let them know.......they need to keep up on things......it's a difficult time this one......I remember that, I got more and more determined to get to MY number instead of what my body said.....very bad I know, but I did hold out. I didn't get the intense hunger though......all the other symptoms for weeks until I finally had to fess up to the clinic. I think my hubby called them and said, OMG she's insane.....do something!!!!

He knew them well because he'd been on the program too.......they went ahead and ordered it. I still didn't start until the scales were under 55.....I think it suddenly hit 54.8 and then I began refeed.....also lost another 1.5 on refeed, and mine was 17 days......quite short from what I hear. They told me not to expect to actually lose while on refeed though.....a good bonus, but not to be expected.....

Old 06-07-2012, 19:32
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Mcbell,
Quote:
really want to wait till I am back from my trip on the 23rd before I start the refeed process
I can certainly understand that - being at home, with your scales, and everything on hand when needed - makes sense.

Collie recommends talking to your clinic - and so do I, especially re the above quote. Ask them how you should handle it !!

I'm sure they will be able to help in some way

Koh
Old 06-07-2012, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor View Post
Hi Mcbell,

I can certainly understand that - being at home, with your scales, and everything on hand when needed - makes sense.

Collie recommends talking to your clinic - and so do I, especially re the above quote. Ask them how you should handle it !!

I'm sure they will be able to help in some way

Koh
Thanks Collie and Koh. Will see how I go over the weekend and Monday, and have a good long chat to my consultant on Tuesday - or will email them if things don't start looking up before then. I am still not sure how much of this is in my head or not. Will try to up my water consumption tomorrow, and see if that makes a difference.

Party on, party people!

Tags
crackers , fruit