New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Tips and Tricks on Cohen's

Notices

Old 29-10-2008, 14:19
On my way - To a new me.

Default Tofu suggestion

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a tofu recipe I have been having lately that I love. I saw in the chinese supermarket that they had mango flavoured tofu with lots of things we cant eat. I have now been having an apple tofu desert that I love. I know tofu isnt everybodies cup of tea but for those who do like it here is a goodie.

Silken Tofu (allowance)
Apple
Sprite Zero
Cinnamon
sweetner (optional)

Stew apple, cinnamon and sweetner (if using) in sprite zero. Cool. mix together with silken tofu in food processor and chill in fridge. I leave a few chunks of apple to give it texture.

Eat veges for dinner and enjoy tofu for dessert.

when I first made this I used a sweetner tablet and it was way too sweet for me. It also tasted a bit chemical maybe cut the sweetner in half rather than the full tablet. I tried it again without the sweetner and it was perfect.

If there are any other Tofu suggestions please post them up. Im into it at the moment.

100 % deviation Challenge YEAH!!!

Old 29-10-2008, 17:26
Part of the Furniture

ooh Ronky that sounds delicious!!!

I have been getting into Tofu too, although all I have been doing to it is marinating it in balsamic then browning in a pan with vegies

Start 4 Oct~1st Goal-10kg DONE 25 Oct | 2nd Goal-20kg DONE 12 Dec| 3rd Goal-30kg DONE 13 Feb | 4th Goal-40kg DONE 23 Apr| 5th Goal-Halfway DONE 30 Jul| 6th Goal-50kg
Old 29-10-2008, 20:02
Need to get myself back..

Hi Ronky,

Sounds nice... but I have one concern... in that we're supposed to start each meal with the protein serve?? So I'm a bit worried that you're starting with the veggies, and having the protein (Tofu) later on.

My consultant assures me that by starting with 2 or 3 mouthfulls of protein, and then eating the remainder of the meal all together, that the body slows down the insulin release, based on it 'receiving' the protein first.

Anyway, just what I was recommended...
Ruby

2020 stats:
Start weight: 70.7kg (26/9)

2008 stats:
Start weight= 89.9kg (8/8 )
Final weight > refeed = 54.1kg (24/12)

Tags
suggestion , tofu