New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 21:37
More to learn

Hey Jo - glad to here the crisis passed (so to speak) and can't wait to celebrate you being a 60s girl - feels so far away for me that its hard to believe it can ever happen but depending on where you've set your goal I'm thinking you are probably a similar height to me and I can see that you've made it this far and believe you can go all the way so can only then believe its also possible for me! Can't wait to make less of an imprint in a bed!

Cheers - and hope you enjoy your undies!!! Kay.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:01
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Jo keep on enjoying the new size 12 you. You have done so well. I hear you with the bat wings myself. I had a friend who as asked to store a few gym pieces of equipment at home (and yes one is a tricep machine.) until may... Bring them on down I say... Good timing.

Now the stomach you said its all gone... thats reassuring and totally relate to not wearing nanna undies anymore. (well I haveto go buy some to be honest) am trying to put off as much as possible cause I have a few more dress sizes to go down I would say.

Anyhow I am sure that sizzler and the other things you miss will be on the agenda once on refeed hey. I am already hanging for the biggest piece of salmon steak (I love seafood myself) and that is the only thing I am craving through the programme and Im sure its for the omega 3s so bring on maintaince

Anyhow I hope you have a great fat loosing week yourself
Old 03-02-2009, 17:08
Completely over cruisin'

Gweetings awwwwwwwwww

Now I just have to make something perfectly clear.............damn those hipster undies look fabulous on me. There...........I said it. I just kept looking at them all day. They are Antz Pantz and are purple, pink and white hoops (my husband had to teach me the difference between hoops and stripes), with boylegs. They are just so cute and are definitely exactly what I wanted to wear once the lard left. I also got some death-head butterflies (you know, the body of the butterfly is a skull), black with hot pink butterflies. Alex thinks that they are the coolest undies ever and that I should get a copy of this design tattooed on me.

I may have a problem in that I don't actually believe that I am a size 12 yet. OK ,yes the dress did fit beautifully but I think it was just some wierd querk. I still believe that I am a 14. Time will tell.

Hubby finally went back to work today, but of course I was at work and still haven't had that much anticipated time by myself. Its been 7 weeks people, I need a little sanity break. I was supposed to go to a meeting at the school tonight but I spoke to Alex's teacher this afternoon and she said that I probably don't need to go tonight but I should go to the one they are having next week, about the camp. Fine.

The 60's could still be weeks away but I am really looking forward to it. I saw a friend of mine this afternoon, who said to me "Gee, you are looking pretty scrawny, what have you done?". Somehow I am managing to take that as a compliment Another said "You've lost some weight". "Yes I say, sure have", "Alot of weight!!!" she says "Yes, 27kg" I say "WOW" she says. People do seem to be linking weight loss and my surgery. Totally unrelated but people do seem to lean in that direction. I have just had to say "No, the weight loss is deliberate and started 4 months before the surgery". I have the feeling that some think that when you have a melanoma that you magically lose 20kg or so.

Must go read diaries
Kisses to all

Jo
Old 03-02-2009, 19:37
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi SB (Jo)

Thinking this way is quite common on here:-
Quote:
I may have a problem in that I don't actually believe that I am a size 12 yet. OK ,yes the dress did fit beautifully but I think it was just some wierd querk. I still believe that I am a 14.
At the weight you are, I'd agree you're a 12, but already on the way to a 10 !!! Yep, a PERFECT 10

The "not able to see it" seems to be common on here, Jo - so please do try a few things....

1. Try taking photos, rather than depending on the mirror. TRUE !!! Do it.

2. Forget the mirror, and just get "glimpses of yourself" in shop windows, and stuff like that.... You'll be amazed....

3. Get a friend (who you think is "nice and slim") and ask them to share a mirror with you. You can see them, and you, together - and it will help you to UNDERSTAND where you really are at. If you are looking at her over a cup of tea, it doesn't help - grab a mirror, and her.....

Jo, the misconception of how you look is SO common on here - in a way, I liken it to this - Let's say, you are driving at 110 Kph, then you hit an 80Kmh sign, then a 60 Kmh sign..... Doesn't 60Kmh seem like you are CRAWLING along? And yet, it is more than half the speed that you were doing before.

Now, consider how 60Kmh seems when you are just "driving around town" - it really doesn't seem to be crawling, does it?

It's all relative - and confusing..... In the end, it's all about perception - so change YOUR perception (read 1 to 3 again )

Koh
Old 03-02-2009, 20:13
'L' plated demon-buster

Jo!! you're a size 12 petal and i think that is simply wonderful. god, how do you stop yourself from shouting to the roof tops 'i've lost 27kgs hellllooooooooooooo world!'.

cool too that you've got new undies. i bought some yesterday as well and it felt odd to even be looking at ones that weren't capable of being hoisted up a pole on a sailing boat in the event of an emergency.

well done to you. you'd best start picking out your 60s song.
cc

Heaviest: 105.6 Pre-Cohen's 1 Jan 09: 95.6 Cohen's 16 Jan 09: 93 goal 1: 80s [achieved 28 Jan 09] goal 2: 84 (no longer obese) [achieved 5 March 09] goal 3: 79 (1/2 way) [achieved end March 09] goal 4: 71.9 (no longer overweight/healthy BMI) [achieved 16 May 09] goal 5: 67 (last weight i remember being) [achieved 16 July 09] final goal 6: 62; 2010: Goal 1: 71.9 ~ Goal 2: 67 ~ Goal 3: 62 ~ Goal 4: 59
Old 03-02-2009, 21:19
I am here for good

I know what you mean, Jo. I still bring a size 12 into fitting rooms with me despite knowing it's the 10 that will fit.
I think you should follow Koh's advice. Share a mirror with 'skinny' friend. You'll see that you're not bigger than them anymore.
Keep up the great work, pretty lady!

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: X 13 and waterwise x3
No matter how hopeless and hard things seem, every day holds the potential of something wonderful happening
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31
Completely over cruisin'

Hey

You guys are the greatest .

I have been reading lots of posts lately about people coming to terms with their weight loss and preparing themselves for life after Cohens. I am now starting to realise that I had better get myself into a different head space. Its almost like I have had this size 14 thing in my head from the beginning, remember the "won't buy anything over a size 14" thing!!! My brain seems to have stopped there. The body knows better and is moving merrily downwards.

Koh - For someone who hasn't actually done Cohens you are incredibly insightful and wise, very Yoda-esque. I truly appreciate you joining me for this last (seemingly difficult) part of my journey. Your wise words certainly help. It is very odd that when I stand with my (nicely sized) friends I notice that I am not the "big" one anymore but it doesn't register that I am their size or smaller??? Must grab one of them plus a mirror. Actually I will do the camera thing first............I have promised to post a photo of me in a dress.......so I will. Thanks for the advice.

CC - You crack me up!!! Undies on the mast. I don't think my undies were ever actually big enough to enable sea travel but I get the drift. My new ones are definitely NOT sail material. I am still pinching myself but I must add they are size 14!! Just small and sexy. I was wearing size 14-16 undies before losing weight though but they must have been pretty stretchy.

Mette - You are such a sweetheart!! I really have to work on the whole size acceptance thing. I tried on an old dress of mine on the weekend, I haven't worn it for about 10years and it fits perfectly but its a size 14. Can you see where my size problem seems to be coming from? Everything I buy (undies and pants) are size 14, my old (but slim fitting) dress is a size 14!!!! This is why it is impossible for me to think "I am a 12". I will (promise) take a photo of me in this dress to prove my point. With the new sizing, you know how they shuffled all the sizes, wouldn't this actually make this dress a size 16?? Or am I shuffling in the wrong direction??

I have promised myself a nice quiet day today but Alex has just informed me that they just emptied 2 boxes of cereal so I guess I am shopping.

Will try to catch up later

Kisses

Jo
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25
More to learn

Hey Jo - good luck with the head journey - I'm a bit similar in my head but have loads of time to adjust. Glad the undies bring you such joy - always a good feeling!

I'm still a bit shocked that no-one I know has noticed a 9kg change in me - even at work where they see me all the time and I'm now down a size in shirts and pants bagging everywhere. Makes me wonder what they actually see when they look at me. Interested too to see how long it takes some people to notice.

Cheers and hope you get some well-deserved R&R soon. Kay.

Old 04-02-2009, 13:36
I am here for good

Hey sweetness! You're shuffling in the right direction. Your old size 14 dress would today be a size 16. In old sizes, I'd be a 12. If it's a good thing or a bad thing with the vanity sizes, I still haven't decided.
It takes a while to get into your head that you're smaller though. I still get a shock every time I look in the mirror! You'll get there eventually, pretty lady!

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE: X 13 and waterwise x3
No matter how hopeless and hard things seem, every day holds the potential of something wonderful happening
Old 04-02-2009, 14:20
Cohens - 2nd & last time!

Snug, i cant wait to be where you are

I remember it being so glorious!

You have done so so so well!!! Xx

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 18:15

My NYF Diary

Hi Jo,

Aww, shucks - thanks for your kind words and being compared to Yoda...... Nah, I can't be THAT good..... but thanks, hey

I'm pleased my thoughts helped, and I'll be interested to see how you went with "steps 1, 2, and 3" (I'm holding you to it - so do report on ALL of them, OK? )

Hey, have you noticed, you are on a teeter board (BMI teeter board that is) between "Overweight" and "Normal". Only a sneeze or a hairdo should have you teeter into "Normal" - or just wait till tomorrow; that might do it

And don't those sizes drive you nuts !!! Some of the girls do talk of "which shops have true sizes" (but I don't remember that stuff..... so I'll leave it to them).

Rock on, Jo - you are getting so close - just watch as the last few Kgs melt away (keep that camera handy),

Koh
Old 04-02-2009, 20:47
still around

Congrats on the spunky undies luv..

Sizes are no indication, if it fits good & looks good who cares on the size tag, we get so hung up on, 10,12,16 etc.

But it does take a big mental shift to change the way we view ourselves, I guess it will happen in time.

Hope you got the cereal replemished for the hungry mouths.

Tara x
Old 04-02-2009, 22:28
Will be gorgeous sooon

Hey Jo,
Look at you, I don't visit for a little while and you are quickly heading to the 30kg mark. Wow only 7.4 to go. Wont be long for you till refeed.
Keep it up Jo
Michele

Old 05-02-2009, 09:29
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Isnt it great when you look in the mirror and love what you see! It is such a strong motivator to keep up the cohens regime. Ive had a few people check that the weight loss was intentional - not that I look sick. You may well find you will get into sizes you didnt imagine. I went through a stage where everytime I went to try on a size I would also take the smaller size to the fitting room and was amazed as mostly it would fit!

Keep up the great work. I hope that is the last of the surgery

Just trying to fine tuning my maintenance!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:43
I'm still learning....

Hi Jo!

Glad to see that you are still going along great! Not far to go and you will be at the 30kg milestone!! I feel a party coming on!!!

Working on the size acceptance thing is crucial, and well done for recognising it! I know you will find a way that works for you!

Keep on going strong!

Vee
Old 05-02-2009, 12:44
Completely over cruisin'

Hey there gorgeous people (yes, that includes you Koh)

I am sitting here wearing a pair of Size...............12 pants. Thanks Koh. I went out yesterday and had Koh's words in my head, I grabbed a size 12 and headed for the dressing room. OMG I nearly fainted. They fit, and fit nicely at that. Though I did buy a size 14 shirt, the boobies seemed to need the larger size .

I am planning on getting that dress on over the weekend and getting one of the boys to take a photo. Stay tuned.

Now for answers

Vee - I'm not getting the streamers out of the box just yet. That whole 60's girl and 30kg thing are going to hit around the same time, if I can pull it off all on the same week I will be a happy camper.

Louise - How are you doing up there honey?? Hopefully your backyard is still croc free. I have been asked afew times if I lost weight on purpose, it just seems to take away from the effort expended somehow. I think they think I have had abit of chemo or something for my face. Apparently that is what I would have got if they hadn't removed all of the melanoma.

Michele - I did actually speak to my consultant this morning who told me to ring her the week before the cruise to see how I was doing and to see if we needed to order refeed before the cruise. We decided that I would need to go 100% Cohens for 2 weeks after I get back before I will start refeed. So I pretty much have a timeframe now, woohoo!!

Tara - That whole size thing just does your head in doesn't it?? You are so right, if it fits and is comfy then it is the right size. For the first time ever my bottom half is smaller than my top half

Koh - I am just so glad you are here . I am fully aware of the whole BMI seesaw. Last time I checked it was 25.05, hopefully Saturday will tip me in the right direction. Step 1 will happen this weekend. Step 2 is weird. I have caught the odd glimpse of reflection and I still think I am plump. Though I think I look pretty good in the reflection in my bedroom mirror, don't understand that at all. I have a sneaky plan for Step 3, but next Tuesday is looking promising

Kay - No one at all noticed I had lost weight for a very long time, I am talking 20kg! I suspect people notice but just don't say anything, either being polite or not caring enough to comment.

Mette - I have been wearing my old (big) clothes around the house and haven't been wearing the new (actually fit) ones unless I am going out. So I am still wandering around swimming in my daggy baggy clothes. So I don't see the new me too often. Things are changing (thanks again Koh) and I am currently wearing clothes that fit so I can admire myself in every shiny surface (not really, well......abit).

Bam - Hey you resurfaced, I thought you had disappeared. You too will be back in the little pants. Keep up the fabo work babe.

I had steak today for brekkie so that I can be super lazy and have yoghurt and apple for dinner. After cooking lasagne for the boys I will deserve the rest. And they are having garlic bread and apple crumb cake. Clever thinking hey.........I don't like lasagne or apple crumb cake and I can resist the bread without even trying.

I picked up my travel documents for the cruise this morning. Wooooot! Five weeks 2 days and counting..................

Catchya all later

Jo
Old 05-02-2009, 13:12
More to learn

Hey Jo - size 12 pants, that's fantastic!!! And cruise tickets - better still. You are going to be rocking on that cruise girl! Your wardrobe is really starting to take shape. I'm sure the size 12 shirt is coming too. I'm the complete opposite shape it sounds - am about two sizes different top to bottom (top being smaller) - can't wait to lose the butt and saddlebags!!! That's when most people I think will notice my weight loss (not often people at work see you side on where most of my changes have happened to date).

Anyway - good luck for the week and preparing for your cruise.

cheers - Kay.

Old 05-02-2009, 17:47

My NYF Diary

Hi Jo,

Quote:
Step 2 is weird. I have caught the odd glimpse of reflection and I still think I am plump.
Hehe, well that could depend on a couple of things:-

1. Have you caught your reflection in "your new size 12 jeans"? Or, are we talking reflections in those "already too big" old clothes?

2. If the reflection is a shop window, you'll often catch the SIDE view -
while standing in front of a mirror is usually front on.... Most have trouble with the mirror (and their head) in seeing the losses. You seem to be the opposite - what that tells me is (as always) there are as many "ways that work" as there are people doing the plan.

Anyway, it certainly won't hurt to do Steps 1 to 3 anyway. And it sounds like you agree - so we'll all "hang out" for the results It'll be interesting to see the results.....

Rock on, Jo - you Normal range wee hottie you (I'm calling it, based on the fact that more days have gone by - and you sure won't be GAINING weight...)

Koh
Old 06-02-2009, 12:27
More to learn

Jo!!! I just noticed thanks to Koh's comments that your BMI is 25 - that is so way cool having come from 34.4 (pretty similar to my start BMI). Congratulations!! You rock.

Cheers - Kay.

Old 06-02-2009, 15:05
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Hi Jo, congratulations on the size 12 pants!! Thats fantastic. Im like you smaller bottom than top, but you might be amazed how your body changes.

When people asked me if I meant to lose the weight I tell them that yes I had been working very hard to achieve the loss. I had a funny experience at a recent conference where someone asked me if I had changed my hair - they obviously knew something was different but couldnt work it out - My reply was no, but I had changed my body! Maybe it made my hair look bigger. No crocs that I know of down the back, but I have not been wading in the water to put it to the test.

Just wanted to give you a little nudge to speed you up towards the 30 mark. A few of us are just within cooee of it at the moment! I can feel a 30kg party coming up

Just trying to fine tuning my maintenance!!
Closed Thread

Tags
diary , snugglebear