New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Cohen Programme Boards > Discussion on Cohen's Lifestyle programme

Notices

Old 26-04-2008, 15:20
I'm still learning....

Default Some help in getting your head in the right place so that you succeed!

Hi everyone!

I was going over some of the materials that I have used etc to help me get my head in the right place and I thought I might share this with those people who find it difficult to get into the right headspace about why they are doing Cohens, and what they want to achieve, especially when it comes to self-sabotage.

I think this is a useful tool if combined with our program, especially when it comes to dealing with those emotions that can cause so much self sabotage.
http://loseweight.emofree.com/losewe...f-sabotage.htm

I hope this is of use to people I know it has helped me a great deal, and it continues to help me!

Vee
Old 28-04-2008, 17:30
Part of the Furniture

Default Re: Some help in getting your head in the right place so that you succeed!

I've downloaded the free intro and will have a read through it. Sound quite goo so far, so thanks!

Katrin

Old 01-05-2008, 17:23
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: Some help in getting your head in the right place so that you succeed!

Hi Vee,

Thank you for the tools, I am off to have a good read as self-sabotage is one of my oldest and greatest attributes that I would like to be rid off.

Thank you
Soniaxxx
Old 01-05-2008, 21:22
I'm still learning....

You are most welcome!
Hope it is of some help!

Vee
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks Vee,

I am also going to have a good read of this info!!

Much love,

Trips xxxxxx

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE:
Old 02-05-2008, 19:45
Part of the Furniture

It's awesome! I've been 'tapping' for the last 3 days, and have had no craving for chocolate. It even seems to get rid of the night time eating, a topic that some of you might know I have been struggling with for ages! The last few nights all I had was 1 cracker, whereas before, as tghe chocolate and opther really unhealthy stuff is locked in the pantry, I would have had about 6 crackers, sometimes with jam, during the night.

On Sunday, I am lucky enough to go to one of the very few seminars on offer here in Perth to improve my technique.

So far it's great!

Katrin

Old 03-05-2008, 21:45
I'm still learning....

Thanks for sharing Katrin!

I'm so happy that it is working so well for you!

Enjoy the seminar!

Vee
Old 21-06-2009, 15:28
I am here for good

*bump*

Total lost 50kg!!
REACHED GOAL WEIGHT-ON MAINTENANCE!
Old 21-06-2009, 15:42
~~~Holding her Breath~~~

My hypnotherapist taught me EFT when I was under her care. It does work if you have a sudden intensive craving or if you are an emotional eater. It give you time to chill as well as to reassure yourself that you love yourself etc..

cheers,
Jenny

ACHIEVED : Goal 1 > 70kg (10 Jul 09) | Goal 2 > 65kg (14 Aug 09) | Goal 3 > 60kg (18 Sep 09)| Start Refeed at 57.2kg (12 Dec 09) & End Refeed @ 57.1kg (29 Dec 09)|
Total Loss on Cohen - 20.4kg
Maintenance Start = 30 Dec'09 Goal Weight - 55kg!
Old 23-06-2009, 21:06
Feeling more at home

Oh my Shell!!! THANKYOU Soooo Much for Bumping this!!!!

Sheesh- I'm struggling at the moment
Old 04-11-2009, 19:35
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

*bump*
To live my life from a place of deepest love, reflecting this knowing in my outer world as well as my inner world. Living in integrity, with an open heart honouring my agreements with self and others.
Old 19-03-2010, 09:50
I'm still learning....

*bump*
Old 19-03-2010, 10:00

good morning all
we should be aware that all of our behaviour is caused by our beleif system. That is, no one can make you do say think or fell anything you dont want to. Your beleif system is rather well embedded of course due to the long history of societal influence as well as your upbrining.
This does not absolve you of responsibility for your behaviours, it just explains it.
DO YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS AND, THUS, YOUR BEHAVIOURS.
read
A New Guide to Rational Living by Albert Ellis
and once you have read it, read it again and practice the processes and tools he teaches
cheers
mark

Start- 184.9kg, Goal 84.9 Current 84.3kg Centimetres lost: 248
New Goals
to get yacht built- Blog here if interested
http://the-making-of-didiki.blogspot.com/
Looking good, feeling good. If I wasn't so busy I'd date myself
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance
Wherever you go, you will still be there
Old 19-03-2010, 16:54
On my way - To a new me.

Thanks for this Vee. I go through stages where I am so tempted to deviate because I crave certain foods. This will help me heaps.

Sart Date: 01 March 2010

Goal 1: 65kgs
Goal 2: 60kgs
Goal 3: 55kgs (goal weight)
Old 09-04-2010, 21:17
I'm still learning....

I found a guy online who uses a version of EFT, his name is Robert Smith, and he gives a great explanation of how tapping works and how he made the tapping routine faster. I find his version seems to work really well for me. So have a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7dH48Y0B4g&feature=PlayList&p=A44397BC5E7 23EF4&index=10

Vee
Old 23-08-2011, 00:01
Feeling more at home

Dear thenewvee,

Has the link be taken off? I can't access it. That is definitely my main problem - self sabotage. Therefore, really hope this atricle helps just like the 'getting off the bus' article. Thanks

Old 06-09-2011, 11:16
On my way - To a new me.

I actually copy and pasted this into my own message bit, off this forum a couple of years ago, and was amazed how it still hit me today.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him.

When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar.

He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else He asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two glasses of wine from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor, as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things; your family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions; things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else; the small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first, he continued, there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls.

The same goes for life: If you spend all your time and energy on the small Stuff.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18 holes. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first; the Things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the wine represented.

The professor smiled. 'I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of glasses of wine with a friend.'

Just for now though, change wine to water, or tea, or diet fizzy drink!

Two other people that have been giving me inspiration are Wayne Dwyer, and Julie Morgenstern.

Dwyer wrote a book called 'Pulling your own strings.' A bit of a seventies 'self help' man, but just simple things to help you shut out what you don't like happening to you and help you discover how to reinforce your own positive beliefs. Simple things, like just turning your body to an angle, and taking a few steps back from someone who is making you feel inadequate or intimidated..or trying to enforce something about you that you don't agree with, or is upsetting to you.

Morgenstern is the organisation queen, in my books. Her books are all about organising the home, the office and even the kids, and i think she says from the inside out - but what I read was all from a practical perspective, and now my house is tidy! Most days anyway... but they both have helped me to keep within another, (yes there's more!), philosophy, of focusing on what works - and the rest will follow.

There are so many tools out there that are available to us for educating ourselves, I have tried and tried and tried so many, it's nice when you find something that works for you.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:57
On my way - To a new me.

Thank you Erra for such a helpful and informative post. I recall buying the book "Pulling Your Own Strings" many years ago, and know it is somewhere on my vast bookshelf. You've just inspired me to search for it and give it another read. Perhaps now that I'm doing Cohen's I will see his advice with "fresh eyes" and it will help me where I need it most at the moment. Every little bit helps.
Miss O xxx

"What you want is just outside your comfort zone - if nothing changes, nothing changes!"

Tags
head , place , succeed